Today on KSR: What Basketball Games?

Congrats! You made it through the first 24 hours after a loss.  Now you have one final hurdle to navigate before returning to normalcy — the next game.

When coping with NCAA Tournament losses, this is the part I find most difficult.  I could not watch the Duke-Wisconsin title game, I did not watch the 2010 Final Four and I don’t think I will be able to watch Loyola-Kansas State.  I love Sister Jean, don’t get me wrong, but if the Ramblers do not advance to the Final Four the painful ‘What if’ game will surface and I don’t think I can handle that just yet.

To avoid this internal struggle, it’s best to completely ignore them.  I began with Bingo last night.  You can’t check scores while you’re dabbin’ numbers.  Bowling is a good ole-fashioned rainy Saturday night alternative too.  The movie theater might be the best place to avoid Elite Eight basketball, and a comedy might be the perfect prescription for your basketball blues.  If you hate all of those recommendations, there are other sports to fulfill your fix.

Pro Day is Complete

Juice was fast, Mosier is back, Freddie was funny and the Patriots (of course) talked to Chuck.

@KSTV_Sports

See highlights and numbers and hear from the players after their performance.

Kentucky’s First Spring Scrimmage

Mark Stoops’ team will go live in an 11-on-11 scrimmage for the first time this spring.  We’ll hear the results from Stoops and his staff around 2:00 this afternoon.

Until then, hear offensive line coach John Schlarman mic’d up during Tuesday’s practice.  If you don’t appreciate the chalk talk, you’ll love the story he tells about his experience at Nutter.

UK Baseball Game Postponed

Game two of the Kentucky-Auburn series has been postponed, thanks to Mother Nature.  If the rain goes away, the Cats and the Tigers will play a seven inning double-header at The Cliff tomorrow, beginning at 1:00 p.m.

Since you can’t get your baseball fix today, check out highlights from UK’s game one walk-off win.

Look Ahead

Basketball never ends in Kentucky.  That’s why tomorrow morning I’m leaving for Atlanta, and no, I’m not crazy.  That’s where this year’s McDonald’s All-American Game is being played.  I’ll have updates and interviews with Keldon Johnson and Immanuel Quickley throughout the week that should get you excited for UK’s 2018-19 basketball season.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Today on KSR: What Basketball Games?

1. Catcasey1
    10:07 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s going to be hard to get to excited about next season or the next if CAL doesn’t change his ways

2. justgettingstartedbro
    10:16 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

I will never play or download Final Fantasy XV

3. Alleykat16
    11:43 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

Last night turned on the Dook game and they was talking about them now playing zone made me think. UK was the first school to embrace the one and done thing now Dook does the one and done. UK had heard time with the freshman guarding this year so Cal starting playing more zone which it worked pretty much, then Dook a few games back couldn’t play defense worth a crap so yes you get it Dook started playing zone. I’m hearing they also are thinking about switching names from blue devils to Wildcats lol

• 4everUKblue
      11:51 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

They’ve copied everything else we do.

• KYcats11
      11:55 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

Meh, Duke is all zone because they literally can’t guard an elementary team. Kentucky mixes a little zone but is mainly man to man. But yes, I get your point, Duke copies everything we do.

• Jiminy Crickets
      12:30 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

If U.K. Was in zone against KState at the end, when their tallest player was 6’2, we wouldn’t have given up a free layup. Ur right, the zone did work with UK this year, but Calipari’s hatred for the zone is why we still primarily played M2M, and why we lead the nation on layups against us.

• catsarerunnin
      4:00 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Crickets….

• callitlikeiseeit
      2:08 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

They don’t copy everything. Did you see how well they moved the ball vs the Cuse zone. We never do that, we are about 1 on 1 garbage just beat your man based on athletic ability. Plus we lost in sweet 16 so they did not copy that. Plus they are now getting all the top recruits and actually get coached. Their FR look so much better in the games than ours do, sad to say but is a fact. And you say coach K adjusted since what he wants to do was not working, that for sure is not copying our coach. dUKe also runs inbounds plays from under the basket, may not be as schematic as our lob it to tallest guy but they actually score from theirs.K is 5 times the coach Cal is. However if Pitino had stayed at UK coach K would not have all the titles he currently has as UK would have been ‘THE GOLD STANDARD” of college basketball. We are no where near that right now.