Today on KSR We Are Getting Better

The time to become great is now. We will win this day. We will get better. We will not let the clutches of quarantine keep us from being the best person we can be today.

Will today be perfect? Of course not. Not everything in life (especially during a pandemic) is within our control. We can only control what we can control. That is why I have made a list of what I will prioritize to improve on this spectacular Thursday.

1. Get outta here typos. I am sick and tired of carelessly omitting words from my social media posts promoting our wonderful website. Enough is enough.

2. Clothes, you’re being put away. They get dirty. They get cleaned. They sit in a basket. Enough is enough. It’s time to go to your home, clothes.

3. I do not like, like. Similes are fine only some of the time. It’s time to be assertive when I speak. No more “ums” and “likes.” Enough is enough.

4. More H2O. There’s no such thing as too much water. I’ve gone far too long sipping on coffee and soda to keep me energized when the appropriate amount of water will do just the trick. Enough is not enough. I need more water in my life.

Today I am taking baby steps to get better. Will I eradicate my bad habits permanently? Probably not, but the first step in positively changing behavior is to take the first step. Today I’m getting better. Won’t you join me?

If those uplifting words did not start your day off on the right foot, this beautiful scene at Churchill Downs should do the trick. Racing returns to the Bluegrass in two days.

Beautiful Visual Entertainment

For years Kentucky Sports Radio has primarily operated in the blog and podcast media spheres. The coronavirus quarantine has given us more time to broaden our horizons. Yesterday you saw it in a variety of forms with four different additions to the KSR YouTube channel. There’s conversations with former stars on the hardwood, one of the football team’s best blockers and the return of everyone’s favorite game show, Listicuffs. Sit back, relax and enjoy more than an hour of wonderful visual entertainment.

NCAA taking hands-off approach on return to sports

Mark Emmert told ESPN that the NCAA will not set the standard for the return to college sports. Instead of creating a date that all schools can follow, the NCAA is leaving all of the decisions up to local officials.

“Normally, there’s an agreed-upon start date for every sport, every season,” Emmert told ESPN, “but under these circumstances, now that’s all been derailed by the pandemic. It won’t be the conferences that can do that, either. It will be the local and state health officials that say whether or not you can open and play football with fans.”

The New 8-for-$8 Lunch is at KSBar and Grille

We are changing the game at lunchtime by offering eight entrees, with a drink and a side of fries or house-made chips, all for only $8 apiece. It’s a great deal that is making my mouth water and it’s only 9 a.m.

• 5 Traditional or 5 Boneless Wings
  • BBQ Burger
  • You’re A Great American Burger
  • Chicken Tender Wrap (Grilled or Fried)
  • 1,000 Point Club Sandwich
  • 3-Piece Chicken Tender
  • BBQ Pork Sandwich
  • Chicken Sandwich (Grilled or Fried)

I cannot recommend the fried chicken sandwich, tossed in KSBar sauce and topped with pepper jack cheese enough. Do it to it and you will not regret it.

A New Survivor Champion

The 40th season of Survivor culminated with three excellent hours of reality television. Friend of the program, Kentucky Nick Wilson, unfortunately did not reach the mountaintop on Winners at War, but performed admirably into the top six. I won’t provide spoilers and share who won the game. I’ll just say the winner deserved it after an excellent season of play.

Campbell County Day on KSR

The northern Kentucky home of the Camels will receive the Kentucky Sports Radio spotlight Thursday afternoon. Join us from 8-10 a.m. and share your best anecdotes of this wonderful piece fo Kentucky.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

17 Comments for Today on KSR We Are Getting Better

1. lexslamman
    9:14 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Quarantine is for the sick. If you are well and healthy and forced to avoid social contact and economic activity, that’s called imprisonment. Imprisonment.

• bigblue98
      9:46 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

No, imprisonment is being in China where you are locked down and shot if you come out. There is a huge difference between the two – in the US you have the choice to end your life with stupid decisions, in China someone will do it for you.

• RealCatsFan
      9:49 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

True, but how do you know you are not “sick” and simply asymptomatic and spreading this crap all over God’s creation? That’s the biggest problem with COVID19 – it is sneaky and insidious, and can be spread way before you show any symptoms. And it’s airborne, not just on surfaces, so you can disperse a nice cloud of virus particles for us to inhale by coughing, talking, or sometimes even breathing. This is why I get annoyed at people who want to pout about wearing a cloth mask in public (especially enclosed) places to cut down on this. Grow up and wear your mask people.

• bigblue98
      9:54 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

RealCatsFan – agree with you 100%. The problem is that the ones you’re trying to speak to don’t even acknowledge there is an issue. They don’t worry or care if they spread to someone else because that won’t affect them. It may kill their parents or grandparents, but oh well, it’s not them. It’s the me first mentality that a great majority of people have now.

• Corder
      10:20 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

How is it all about me when I have to provide for me family. My little ones don’t eat if I don’t work. My little ones have no where to live if I don’t work. Explain to me how that is all about me. Sorry not everybody gets a check in the mail and even the ones that do realize it ain’t enough to survive. Sounds a lot more like y’all are the ones that are about me. Y’all keep saying only what you think matters and that everyone else is wrong.

• Corder
      10:26 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

The great thing about America is that if you’re too scared to go to work you can stay home but if you were being honest wit your selves then why do you still go out at all. Going to the grocery, going to the liquor store or gas stations is the exact same thing as going to work. Y’all go to the store and touch everything yet are scared to go to work where businesses can implement more control over policies to protect people then the grocery store can.

• bigblue98
      10:27 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

A $1200 stimulus per person, plus state unemployment and $600 per week federal unemployment isn’t enough to feed the family? In Kentucky that’s equivalent to over a salary of $50,000 annually per person.

• Bluehender
      10:08 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

You know they are all right lexslamman. But you’ll never admit it..bigblue98 is right. It’s the me first mentality..

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Corder, I want to see us back to normal as soon as possible. But the people who don’t take precautions or take this seriously are working against that. I agree that there should be a way to get more folks back to work more quickly, but I also don’t think we can just say err it, business as usual.

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Corder, the problem with work is the length of time you are cooped up in an enclosed environment with other people. You are generally in the grocery for 30 minutes every 4 days or so, versus 40 hours per week. And many workplaces have poor airflow.

2. ClutchCargo
    9:31 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Good luck getting better. No doubt, the volunteer proofreaders on here will be there for you to keep you accountable.

• runningunnin.454
      9:46 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

I am mulling over the pithy phrase, ” wonderful piece fo Kentucky”. Pithy.

• ClutchCargo
      10:06 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

I can’t tell if that was an unfortunate typo, or a brilliant bit of self-deprecating humor. I’ll go with unfortunate typo. lol

3. espn8122
    9:43 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Ahh now……the #quaranteam is to honor our faithful lord Andy Beshear. Instead of complaining, you should be getting some warm perfume bath of water and go to Frankfort and ask to wash his feet. We all serve a powerful lord. OF course, Gavin Newsom is a powerful lord too.

• bigblue98
      9:47 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

All hail King Trump – he will rescue his peasants and bring them to safety in his monarchy.

4. rickat
    10:19 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Wear a mask. “Don’t Spread on Me.”

5. bigblue98
    10:29 am May 14, 2020 Permalink

Not against going to work, but tired of hearing people complain that my constitutional rights are being infringed upon because I can’t go to the movies, etc.