Today on KSR: The Dog Days of Summer

Good morning, friends, and welcome to a new week. Let’s usher it in with this pic of two Cats fans at the top of Mount Toubkal in Morocco, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Fellas, if you see any UK sports news, let me know because it looks pretty slow from here. Only 40 days until kickoff, right?

Here’s what’s happening, that I could find.

DeMarcus Cousins’ team advanced to the TBT Championship Week

The Bluegrass Boys may be out of it, but you can still cheer on some former Cats in The Basketball Tournament. Team Loyalty is Love, which is managed by DeMarcus Cousins and whose roster includes Daniel Orton, beat the Fort Wayne Champs to win the Lexington regional and advance to Championship Week in Chicago Aug. 1-6.

(Photo via Regina Rickert/WKYT)

Team Loyalty is Love will face the winner of the Richmond Regional, which tips off this week. Headlining that group is Overseas Elite, the four-time defending champions.

Having TBT in Lexington gave us some great moments. Not only did the current Kentucky team take in the festivities from the sidelines, we got to reconnect with former players like DeMarcus, Wayne Turner, Dominique Hawkins, Marcus Lee, and Daniel Orton, who has been welcomed back into La Familia. Daniel and DeMarcus were even kind enough to drop by KSBar and sign the wall:

Seth Greenberg, part of the TBT announcing team for ESPN, came by as well.

After seeing this study of each state’s most hated foods last week, I’m just glad to see someone in Lexington enjoying hummus:

Basketball recruiting is heating up

With the EYBL circuit in the books, Kentucky’s efforts in the 2020 recruiting class are ramping up. On Thursday, five-star shooting guard BJ Boston will start his official visit to Kentucky, and the following weekend, five-star small forward Cam’Ron Fletcher will do the same. On Saturday, Jack Pilgrim reported that Jalen Green, the No. 3 player in the class, will also visit Kentucky “very soon.” Combine all that with the ongoing possibility that N’Faly Dante will reclassify and it’s a big month for basketball recruiting.

The Football Women’s Clinic is Saturday

SEC Media Days got us all excited for football, but we’ve still got two weeks until the start of fall camp. Ladies, if you need a fix before then, the annual Kentucky Football Women’s Clinic is this Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Woodford Reserve Club at Kroger Field. Registration is $75, which includes a t-shirt, lunch and the chance to win some great door prizes. Click here to secure your spot.

LSU’s new locker room sure looks nice

We’re obviously big fans of Kentucky’s football training facility, but LSU’s new locker room, featuring individual sleeping pods, just raised the bar:

Can we get some of those pods in KSOffice?

KSR Dog of the Day

I love to feature pictures of your dogs wearing Kentucky blue on the site, but today, I gotta brag on my own pup. If you follow me on Instagram, you know my Gatsby girl is very photogenic, and on Friday, we found out she was selected for Framebridge’s summer gallery wall at their flagship store in Washington D.C.:

A closer look at the actual picture:

If you need me, I’ll be trying my hardest not to become a stage mom.

Did anyone start the new season of Last Chance U?

If so, you’ll want to refresh that podcast feed because Independence Community College coach Jason Brown is joining Aaron Torres to discuss a tumultuous year. Here’s a preview:

The KSR Summer Tour is in Somerset

Today, the gang is hosting a golf scramble at Woodson Bend Resort in Somerset, but first, they’ll take to the airwaves to recap the weekend. Here’s where you can see them the rest of the week:

7/23 – Somerset @ Associates in Eye Care
7/24 – Monticello @ Conley Bottom Resort
7/25 – Campbellsville @ Mr. Gatti’s Pizza
7/26 – Lexington @ Lexington Legends

[mobile_ad]

54 Comments for Today on KSR: The Dog Days of Summer

1. cats646
    9:20 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I went and ate KSBar and grill Saturday. A few minutes after I left I saw on Twitter that Demarcus Cousins showed up lol. I was a little let down, but the food was good!!

2. runningunnin.454
    9:45 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Well, the good people of California hate Chick-Fil-A. I bet I could come up with some fairly disgusting entree’s, and they might change their minds. LOL.

• Based God
      10:30 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Obsessed with In-N-Out but hate Chik-Fil-A? They should lose half of their electoral votes off that info alone. These people clearly aren’t of sound mind.

10:47 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

And Alabama hates Chipotle and Georgia hates Tuna Salad – whats your point, other than Fox News told you to hate a place you’ve never visited?

#baaaaaaaah

• Based God
      11:02 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Dude it was a joke. And for the record, I lived in California for 3 years, don’t watch Fox News, and am a registered independent. Swing and a miss.

11:19 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Uh huh.

Im a billionaire typing from my yacht in Barbados.

Good job, good effort.

• runningunnin.454
      11:53 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

LOL,UKBB, who told the sheep in California they hate Chick-Fil-A?

11:57 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Tucker Carlson, probably.

• runningunnin.454
      12:10 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Whom does he play for?

2:08 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

The red team. 😉

• Based God
      3:52 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Not sure why that’s so unbelievable. I lived in Sacramento from 2012-2015. I loved California, didn’t care too much for the government having their hands in everything you do but I did enjoy my time out there. In-N-Out is trash though.

• cats646
      4:02 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

I agree BasedGod, in-N-out is awful.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    12:09 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

I’m calling bull on Maryland hating the corner piece of brownie. Someone made that up.

• runningunnin.454
      12:11 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Seems like a lot of it was made up, or was it multiple choice?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      12:25 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

No kidding. Everyone likes the corner piece of brownie. Put THAT in your survey! Haha.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    12:24 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Unless someone made this map up (which is highly possible…also, there was one of those “Favorite soft drink” maps I saw where they admitted talking to like 5 ppl in one state…a representative sample? Haha), as left wing as Kommiefornia is, there is definitely politics behind that. Chipotle and tuna, well, I love Chipotle, but they’ve had 2 or 3 incidents of tainted food so I think that has something to do with that one. The tuna…who knows?

12:41 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Is it better to be from Kommiefornia, or Klantucky…?

• runningunnin.454
      1:11 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Interesting that California has the most hate groups in the country followed by Florida and Texas.

• cats646
      1:40 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Lol, big board sounds like a big b!tch.

2:07 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

California is redder than Fox would have you believe.

2:17 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

See, the area outside of the coast is referred to as the Central Valley. Its where the poorer, less educated of the state tend to live. Its all red.

Are you following, cats646? Theres a picture with colors to help you.

2:29 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Loyal and moderate liberals only make up 42% of the voting population. That means that 58% are conservative leaning. (58 > 42, cats646)

Hard left libs only account for 3% more than hard right conservatives.

But yeah, Kommiefornia is just what Fox wants you to think.

• cats646
      2:35 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Lol I never even said anything about California. I love it out there, Lake Tahoe is one of my favorite places to visit. I was just stating the fact that you sound like a b!tch. I’d actually be willing to put money on the fact that you are a b!tch, even though I don’t gamble. And I don’t need a picture with colors for me to see that. All I need to do is read a couple of your dumbass opinionated posts. Smh

2:38 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Thanks, ‘neck. You have no idea what you’re talking about, as usual.

But hey, you at least tried to sound badass.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      2:50 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Those stats are interesting. I don’t know that totally I buy them when you look at how left wing every governor and senator will be in perpetuity apparently. If the numbers are indeed accurate (I’m not saying they’re not…they may very well be…I plan to look into it later), I guess a lot of conservatives just don’t show up at the polls because they think their vote won’t count. If that is the case then that means the conservative leaders out there have done an awful job of making folks aware of the facts

As for only poor uneducated folks being conservative, well, I’m pretty educated, and I know a lot of conservatives who are much more educated than me. I’m not a neurosurgeon who studied at Harvard like RG, but I didn’t fall off the turnip truck either. AOC has a degree in economics and she can’t do basic math when she claimed Pentagon money would pay for (I believe it was) health care.

2:56 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

LOL

“FAKE NEWS”

“AOC”

Roger Ailes is smiling from Hell.

• cats646
      2:57 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Again, clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about because you started spewing off facts about California and kept directing them toward me, when I never said anything about California, liberals, Democrats, or how delusional the left is. I also wasn’t trying to sound badass, I was just calling you a b!tch. Plain and simple. You can keep using your free welfare phone to google percentages and touch yourself to pictures of Hilary and Obama fuking all you want. I’m just gonna keep on thinking you’re a b!tch.

3:02 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Heres some more fake news from the US Census Bureau.

Dont get so triggered, cats646. Im enjoying this on my Verizon iPhone XS Max on the way back from a two week vacation in Kauai (its noon here in PHX)… your aim is terrible. Redneck.

3:06 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

I know numbers and big words hurt your brain, so I was just making sure you could keep up with the adult conversation. BiTcH

• cats646
      3:31 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

It’s fun to just make up places you’ve been to impress people you don’t know isn’t it? And I’m far from triggered, sweetheart. But I did get you to cuss me so I guess you did get triggered, and for that, I’m not sorry.

3:50 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Yeah. I made that up.

I made up the fact that we used Capt. Andys and took a 5.5 hour catamaran trip to the Na Pali coast, and stopped and swam with all the black triggerfish. Or that we hired Eric from AirVentures on the Snoopy 2 biplane and toured the island from the air. Or that we went to Smith’s Luau. And I just googled Kealia Beach, the place that we all met with friends of ours who live there and set up popup tents and partied all day. Or the amazing snorkeling we did on Anini Beach. The Tomahawk Ribeye at Ruth’s Chris was just my imagination. I can still remember the dream of it sizzling on the 500 degree plate. How do you pronounce Kapa’a? Dont rent a convertible Camaro like the other Haole that visit – get a Jeep instead – or so I’ve been told. I have no idea what a humuhumunukunukuapua’a is, but maybe one day I’ll get good footage of one on my GoPro. I can only imagine what its like to fly a DJI Mavic Air over Hanalei Bay and the mountains behind it. Ive heard the poke is better at Foodland than it is at Safeway, but in reality Whalers General Store in Anahola has the best. I hope to one day kayak up the Wailua River to see Fern Grotto and the hanging ferns, or Secret Falls down the right fork. I think theres a bunch of wild chickens on the island. Cant confirm. I dont know what POG juice is, but apparently its good.

You 23 yr old redneck idiot. U mad?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      4:34 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

BB, I’m not getting involved in the nerd fight.

I’m through getting personal, and I apologize for the times before that I did. I don’t want a war of words with anyone.

I can do basic math, and AOC whiffed big time on that one. Even if you agree with her politically, you can’t defend her on that one.

5. cats646
    3:56 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Lol not mad at all. If that’s true it sounds like a fun vacation, but the fact that you took the time to type all of that out, called me a redneck idiot, and asked if I was mad, further proves my point that you’re a triggered b!tch. And don’t think you’re the only one who takes vacations, I just got back from Rome, but those wild chickens sound fun, redneck. Lol

4:04 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Rome GA isnt where Gladiator was based on, redneck.

Your self-projection is coming through in 4K, though LOL.

(You can always tell someone is an idiot when they use the things you say to insult someone. “You have no idea what you’re talking about” > “Again, clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about ” and how i went from calling YOU a redneck to you calling me one. Telltale sign of low-IQ/low intelligence)

What was your favorite part of Rome? Nice hotel? Who’d you go with? Did they speak American there?

• 4everUKblue
      4:04 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Lol 646! So you’re saying UKBB is a b!tch?

4:08 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Thats all he’s got.

• cats646
      4:16 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Omg this is too good to be true! You just said people with a low IQ use the things you say to insult you with. You do realize you called me a b!tch AFTER I called you one right? Wow, now I really do believe you went on that vacation because there is no way in hell youre smart enough to make that up lol. My favorite part of Rome was the Colosseum for sure, which is probably everyone’s favorite part. And I didn’t stay in a hotel, I rented an apartment through Your Suite Rome. It was pretty cool, the woman who gave us the tour of it said the ceiling was the original one built in the 1500’s. I also loved the natural water fountains they have flowing through the city. It’s incredible how genius these people were back then to get good spring water from the mountains to flow all through that huge city! But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that my second favorite thing right up there with the colosseum was the food. Sweet Jesus it was good, my favorite restaurant was Pier Luigi’s. A little pricy, but worth it.

• cats646
      4:20 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

4ever, I’m curious. Do you agree with me that he’s a b!tch or disagree?

• ClutchCargo
      4:21 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Actually, he said “triggered b!tch,” a fact that UKBB has confirmed throughout the day. Why else would someone get so worked up about what a supposed redneck idiot thinks? Lol

• cats646
      4:30 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Lol very good point Clutch.

• 4everUKblue
      4:46 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

646 he’s a b!tch for sure.

• 4everUKblue
      4:48 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Oops yes he’s a triggered b!tch.

• cats646
      4:58 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

MAGGERS stick together.

6. cats646
    5:01 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

I think big board made another account and used my handle because I never posted “MAGGERS stick together”. Please tell me you’re above that big board, I know 4ever is an independent and believes that politicians on the left and right are corrupt.

• cats646
      5:20 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Btw 4ever, I tend to agree with a lot of your beliefs.

• 4everUKblue
      5:29 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

646 you’re right about me, I believe all politicians are corrupt and those who buy into all that left and right bullsh!t are part of the problem. I’m glad to know I’m not alone, it’s time for people to wake up to what’s really going on.

• 4everUKblue
      5:46 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Why does anyone believe that any politician who refused to follow the agenda of the elite would ever be allowed to hold any position of that level of importance? You would have to be seriously brainwashed/program/indoctrinated. The POTUS is a puppet who follows the orders he is handed, there is no one coming to save this country and if there were they would be assassinated. They keep us fighting among ourselves for the purpose of divide and conquer, if we all stuck together they wouldn’t stand a chance against us. The United States is a corporation not a government, but don’t take my word for it look into it or just keep believing governments have their people’s best interest at heart.

My comments are not aimed at you specifically 646.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      6:49 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

646, you can change your screen name without creating a new account. I’ve done it before, but only once. I just did it again. Let’s see if it worked.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      6:50 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Haha. Fail. Oh well, I thought I remembered how to do it. But trust me, it can be done.

BTW, life is too short for this you guys. Tone it down, come on.

• chris gettelfinger just MIGHT be walking through that door
      6:52 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

Hmmm, me thinks I have figured it out after all. Let’s see (BTW, you may have to log out and log back in to see my temporarily & slightly changed handle).

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      6:56 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

And I should be back to my regular handle. Okay, see you guys later. Time to get something productive done. lol

• 4everUKblue
      7:06 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

So you’re saying life is too short for the truth?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      7:14 pm July 22, 2019 Permalink

It’s too short for the amount of ugliness and name calling.

• 4everUKblue