Good morning BBN! Is everyone ok after last night? I know I’m not. Let’s just get this out of the way before we begin: last night sucked. Badly. Why we didn’t give the ball to Benny is beyond me, I’m not a college football coach, but I don’t see how you don’t give him the ball. That’s just the opinion of a 25-year-old girl though. What do I know?
Alright, well we’ve got some other things to cover, so let’s get to it!
Focus on the Positives!
Yes, we lost in a dumb and heartbreaking and very “Kentucky football” way, but this is not the Kentucky team we are used to. Hundreds of Kentucky fans made the trip to Texas A&M for a football game when Madness is next weekend. This is our first loss, we are 5-1. We will still make a bowl and oh yeah, we are RANKED. I’m upset about the loss, but it’s a different kind of upset. It’s a “we’ve just had a bad week” kind of upset not a “we’re hopeless, we’re Kentucky” kind of feeling. I think that’s positive, don’t you?
Shoutout to Josh Allen for this Amazing Response
Gotta get better https://t.co/x7lkjKLhtN
— Joshua Allen (@JoshAllen41_) October 7, 2018
Josh Allen was all over the field against Texas A&M. David Pollack and others took notice. How could you not love how Allen handled this compliment from Pollack.
And hey, at least we’re not Louisville!
If you missed it, little brother got absolutely embarrassed Friday night by Georgia Tech losing 66-31. So yes, things are not ideal for us but, at least we aren’t them.
— Georgia Tech Football (@GeorgiaTechFB) October 6, 2018
Props to Georgia Tech for this!
Here’s What Happened in the SEC Yesterday
In other news, here’s what happened to the other schools in our conference yesterday:
- Missouri and South Carolina had an emotional end to a very rainy game when the Gamecocks kicked a field goal with two seconds left, winning the game 37-35.
- Alabama beat Arkansas 65-31. Ouch.
- Florida beat LSU 27-19, and Tim Tebow got another Florida award. What’s new?
- Mississippi State beat No. 8 Auburn 23-9!
- And the scariest fact of all, Georgia beat Vandy 41-13.
D’Andre Swift has one speed: FAST ?? pic.twitter.com/PnZDcJKdKt
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) October 7, 2018
I’m shaking already thinking about November 3rd.
ICYMI: The Newest SEC Short is About Kentucky
It’s time to show the Kentucky Wildcats some respect.
The latest SEC Short ?? https://t.co/1TWTojz4T3
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) October 6, 2018
Make fun all you want, but we’ll be there soon!
Cats in the NFL Schedule:
If you’re looking to watch more football today (I know I am) Here’s where and when you can see ex-cats play today:
- Avery Williamson and the Jets play the Broncos at 1 PM
- Randall Cobb and the Packers take on the Lions at 1 PM
- Bud Dupree and the Steelers are going to LOSE to my Falcons today at 1 PM
- Wesley Woodward and the Titans play the Bills at 1 PM
- Jon Toth and the Eagles play the Vikings at 4:25 PM
Side note: it’s crazy that we don’t see Austin MacGinnis on this list. Give that man a job, NFL!
Happy Sunday friends! Enjoy the day, being lazy, watching football or doing whatever it is you do on Sundays! That’s all for me! Go Cats!