Today on KSR: Misbehavin’

Not everyone in America has watched Danny McBride’s excellent new HBO show The Righteous Gemstones. Those who have not kept up have missed out on the catchiest song ever recorded.

The HBO drama details the lives of a wealthy televangelist family, led by patriarch John Goodman, who can’t keep his children (McBridge and Adam Devine) in line after the passing of his wife. One flashback episode showed how the Gemstones operated when Aimee-Leigh (Jennifer Nettles) was still alive. A former christian country music star with her brother, Baby Billy (Walton Goggins), the two were prepared to embark on a reunion tour. To sell tickets, they performed their biggest song, Misbehavin’.

Musically, the song is pleasing to the ears. Lyrically, it might be the corniest song ever created. Typing out the lyrics won’t do it justice. Just listen for yourself.

Now I need to apologize for getting that song stuck in your head for the next three days. This morning you learned two lessons: Don’t trust my music suggestions and never run through the house with a pickle in your mouth. You can trust me to let you know what’s happening today around the Big Blue Nation.

Thursday Night Football

It all begins with AACtion at 8:00 on ESPN between ECU and a bunch of Temple tough guys. The stakes are raised 20 minutes later when the Rams, fresh off an embarrassing loss to the Bus s in a shootout, travel to CenturyLink Field to play Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks. You can find all of the action on Fox, Amazon Prime and the NFL Network, but your best choice is to visit KSBar and Grille for half-priced wings and Country Boy specials. I dare you to find a better deal.

Catching up with Josh Allen

The real Josh Allen took a break from terrorizing NFL quarterbacks to hang out with KSR. We talked about his first few weeks with the Jags, how UK can put the pieces back together and he gave me some Dad advice. If you missed the interview on my radio show, it’ll be on the site this afternoon.

The A Block makes its KSR Podcast Debut

This afternoon the KSR Podcast network grows by one. You’ve seen Hayley Harmon, Claire Crouch and Jacqueline Nie on television. Now you can hear them talk about life in Lexington and more. Make sure you are subscribed to get the show on your phone first.

It’s not the only podcast coming out today. Jack Pilgrim is putting together a new edition of Sources Say and Adam Luckett and I are handing out bye week awards on 11 Personnel. For those waiting for Free Money, Matt Jones and Drew Franklin will record a fresh episode for you right after Friday’s radio show.

No Football Practice Today

You can catch up with the Cats by reading Mark Stoops’ comments or by seeing what Boogie Watson had to say after Tuesday’s practice.

Hang out with Drew Franklin

Over the last month you’ve voted in Drew’s Restaurant Madness. Tonight Mr. Franklin will be celebrating with the winners of UKFCU’s contest, Shamrock’s, from 5:00-7:00 on Patchen Drive. Come talk to Drew, grab some great food, and meet our friends at UK Federal Credit Union.

It’s Been a Good Bye Week

It’s never cool to brag, so I’ll let Oscar Combs do it for me. Don’t mind me, I’ll just be over here geeking.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

22 Comments for Today on KSR: Misbehavin’

1. Ned T.
    9:09 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Another production by the most depraved society in the US (Hollywood) making fun of sometimes flawed but generally good people of the south. And, of course, it is a direct attack on Christianity.

F**$&K Hollywood and all it stands for.

• Bluehender
      9:54 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Spoken like a true Christian..??

• Bobbum Man
      10:07 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Right lol… very tolerant of you…. and doing the exact same thing you’re on here whining about

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Televangelists aren’t christians; they’re conmen (and conwomen) who separate stupid people from their money.

• Ned T.
      11:29 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Here’s your sign to the prior three comments. Now, go hug a muslim and kick a Christian in the teeth. It is the popular thing to do in the US.

And, do not forget to clean up the blood from the gays Muslims toss from buildings. Or, the children they blow up.

Love puddles.

• Bluehender
      12:11 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

You’re the one defending Christianity and saying F Hollywood. There’s your sign…

• J-Dub421
      12:24 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Ned, go give some more money to Joel Osteen so he can buy another private plane or another multimillion dollar vacation home, while he tells you that you can buy your way into heaven. You’re the one who’s wearing the sign.

• Ned T.
      12:25 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

..and I meant every word. Go sit in the corner and try to matter.

• Ned T.
      1:32 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

I would not give Olsteen a cent. But your solution—eliminating Christianity and the right for people to do so—is disgusting and dangerous.

Got Marx and Stalin? I thought so.

• BluKudzu
      1:52 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Christians are the most judgmental people I have ever known.

Onward Christian soldier. Save the souls, and repent.

Heaven awaits you.

• Theverystableneverobstructingpowerabussivelessnondictatorpresedenttrump
      2:18 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Thank you NedT I read the comments and clearly seen everyone of them say they wanted to get rid of Christians just like the people who typed my non verbatim transcript made it sound like I said before we get to your money I need a favor.

• Theverystableneverobstructingpowerabussivelessnondictatorpresedenttrump
      2:28 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

• Ned T.
      2:33 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

“Christians are the most judgmental people I have ever known.”

Hahahahaha. What about Muslims who vow in the name of Allah to kill all Jews and Christians?

Nimrod brainwashed leftist.

• Ned T.
      2:34 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

“Oh and thank you NedT for the chocolates and flowers, the night we shared together where you played me staring into a pillow as I played Putin whispering the next faze in tearing this country to pieces into your ear, will always be special.”

Yawn.

• J-Dub421
      2:57 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Please point out where I said christianity should be eliminated. Please also note where I said I was in favor of Marx or Stalin. You can copy and paste it from my comments in this thread. I’ll wait…

• nocode96
      3:24 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Ned T and his ilk make it hard in real Christians who actually do practice thecwirds Jesus spoke.

• Bluehender
      3:11 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Ned I think you just got trolled..”Judge not and be thou not judged”…ever heard that one??

• Bluehender
      3:12 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

You didn’t say that Jdubs..Ned missing a card or two from the deck..

• Theverystableneverobstructingpowerabussivelessnondictatorpresedenttrump
      7:25 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Yawn??? I’m sorry NedT, didn’t realize you wanted a reach around. Next type I’ll remember to do it.

2. loservilletard
    9:49 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

awful song

3. Smyrna_Cat
    9:59 am October 3, 2019 Permalink

Nope. That song won’t linger. That was terrible. But to each their own.

4. Looother
    6:27 pm October 3, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t know that Boyd Crowder could move that well…