Today on KSR: Kevin Knox for Rookie of the Year?

Good morning friends and Happy Sunday! Am I the only one who dreads going back to work on Monday a little more in the summer? I’ve only been up for a couple of hours and I’ve already been hit with that Sunday feeling of dread and overwhelmedness. Ugh. Let’s distract ourselves from the reality of the week by reading some sports news, shall we?

Kevin Knox wants to be Rookie of the Year

Kevin Knox’s first few moments as a Knicks player was filled with booing and a less than great response (can we ban that kid from the draft please?). But, that hasn’t stopped him from being positive this week. In an interview with The New York Post, when asked about what his goals are,  Knox said he’s striving for Rookie of the Year this upcoming season.

“Rookie of the Year. That’s gonna be on my wall in my room. That’s what I want, that’s what I’m gonna work for. I don’t got it like painted on my wall, it’s just a piece of paper with Rookie of the Year on it, every time I wake up, look at it, just know what I’m going to work for” said Knox.

You still wanna boo this guy, Knicks fans?

ICYMI: Boogie is Back!

As a Pelicans fan, I have to admit that I did scream when I first saw the videos Boogie put out yesterday. I can’t help but want to rock my “Boogie and the Brow” shirt all day today to celebrate Cuz’s rehab success. If you haven’t seen these twitter videos, we have a post with all of them here but here’s my favorite one:

Give the New UK team a follow

Can we work on getting Keldon Johnson a twitter, please? I feel like he really needs one.

Futbol SZN

I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t really see the hype over The World Cup – even a couple of years ago when the USA was in it. Sure, I dressed in my patriotic garb and cheered and watched, but it was mainly an excuse to drink. I tried watching the first game yesterday, I really did. I just can’t get into it. However, if the World Cup is your thing, then here’s the lineup for today:

I’ll be napping. Yall can have fun though.

Classic KY Clips has a great moment to relive today

Following this Twitter account has given me so much joy. Here’s what they posted last night:

Man. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that game.

What’s your favorite sports moment?

SB Nation asked followers what their favorite moment they got to witness live was and some of the replies are really great. Of course, the UMBC Athletics twitter (remember them?)  tweeted out the best reply. But, this got me thinking, as Kentucky fans we’ve sure had some amazing moments to witness and while I haven’t witnessed some of the most recent iconic ones live, I’ve still seen some pretty cool ones.

My top 3? The 2014 South Carolina football game, the 2015 Louisville basketball game watching Pitino flip the bird, and the 2009 Georgia football game. Sure, that UGA wasn’t anything special but I was there in Athens surrounded by UGA friends and family, so it felt darn good to win.

What are yours? Let me know in the comments.

That’s all I have for today guys. Go Cats and Happy Sunday!

Article written by Savannah Patton

My first words were Go Big Blue. Follow me on twitter:@savannahpattKSR

11 Comments for Today on KSR: Kevin Knox for Rookie of the Year?

1. clarks
    10:33 am June 24, 2018 Permalink

best moment was uk vs syracuse at rupp arena with rex out injured eric manuel takes over in last min to upset syracuse the year after indiana beat them in championship. was also my first game ever at rupp and syracuse was loaded with douglas coleman and rony seikly ranked #3 in nation if i remember correctly

2. BallDontLie
    12:31 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

Best moment live for me was in indy when aaron harrison hit the 3 vs michigan in the elite 8.
    Also was at the champions classic in indy when we put the beat down on kansas.
    Other one would be in rupp, the john wall team vs UNC and we got out to that huge 1st half lead and Rupp was rocking, one of the earlier signature moments in the cal tenure that let the fans know we were back.

3. PillsburyThrowboy
    12:34 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

You don’t understand the hype with the World Cup? I mean, seriously? Just because it isn’t a popular sport in America doesn’t mean you need to act oblivious to the hype. Do you get excited about March Madness? Well the World Cup is the March Madness of soccer.

4. blueblue
    12:52 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

I have two. One UK related and one not UK related.
    1. Dec 8,1990 Rupp Arena. My first ever UK game in person. It was Kansas at UK. The previous year, Pitino’s first, the team had been embarrassed at Kansas by a score of 95-150. I remember Pitino had John Pelphery TRYING to play the point in that game and it didn’t work out very well. Also tension arose between Pitino and Roy Williams because Pitino wouldn’t call off the press.
    Flash back to the return game in Rupp. As I said it was my first ever and the atmosphere was electric. Ended up a UK win 88-71.

2. I am from Prestonsburg and this memory is about PHS in the state football playoffs 1993. State semifinals was PHS at Danville. The Admirals has something like a 3 year winning streak going on. Hadn’t lost a game in 3+ years. I was present at Danville High school when my Blackcats ended that streak and advanced to the State 2A finals.

• CatManDo
      8:12 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

I was at the KU game, I was yelling in my friends ear and he couldn’t hear a word I was saying. It was incredible.

5. will welty
    12:56 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

My favorite moments would have to be going to most of the 2014 tournament run. Seeing 3 game winners in a row really was awesome, and it helped bond my dad and I together quite a lot. I had to miss the title game to be in school and I regret to this day not going, because I believe we would’ve won lol. Then going to almost all the blow outs during the 38-1 year was just jaw dropping from going to Indy to watch us destroy Kansas to beating down UCLA in Chi town. Also going to the SEC tourney every year is some of the best moments of my life! Go Cats and thank you UK for providing the best moments in my life!

6. cjmcgurk8
    1:44 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

Aaron Harrison hitting the shots against Louisville, Mich, and Wisconsin

7. Slimothy
    5:11 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

Watching Jodie Meeks drop 54 points on the Volunteers in Knoxville was amazing. He was on fire and the Volunteers couldn’t do anything to stop him. Even the UT fans knew they were witnessing something special! A night I will always remember.

• blueblue
      5:28 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

I can only imagine how it felt to witness that game!! I bet you didn’t have to put up with hearing any Rocky Toppin’ during the game. ???

8. CatManDo
    10:04 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

I know it was a loss but the 7 overtime game against Arkansas was amazing. So many ups and downs. The game started around 7 and ended around midnight.

9. W.C.
    11:56 pm June 24, 2018 Permalink

If Keldon Johnson does not want a twitter account, leave him the hell alone. He may be the smartest person on campus.