Today on KSR: IT’S UPSET SEASON

Good morning friends! Everyone over the loss? Nope? Me either, it’s okay. Let’s not talk about it. Instead let’s talk about all the other craziness in College Hoops, next week’s SEC tournament and a few other happenings from last night.

Congrats to Murray State!

Our friends down the road punched their ticket to the big dance last night! The Racers beat Belmont 68-51, winning the OVC conference and receiving a March Madness bid. Not a bad night for Murray State!

This picture just gives me too much excitement.

UPSET SZN

The regular season is ending with a bang y’all. We had a few crazy game endings last night and I personally LOVE IT. It’s March, the tournament is right around the corner, and  IT’S UPSET SZN!

Here’s who lost:

• West Virginia lost to Texas in overtime 87-79. A win that likely locked up a tournament big for Mo Bamba and the Longhorns. Speaking of Mo, he was out yesterday as well as two of their other best player: Eric Davis Jr for the FBI investigation and Andrew Jones who’s battling leukemia. I know Texas got Bamba over us, but I want this Longhorns team to go far, for Andrew Jones. So, hook ’em!
  • Clemson. No. 18 lost to the Big Orange 55-52, a win that also helps out Syracuse possibly get into the dance. Everybody wants a bid, and yesterday they all played for it.
  • Kansas lost to Oklahoma State bad. The Cowboys brought their brooms and absolutely swept Kansas, beating them 82-64 for the second time this season. Bill Self was not happy to say the least. Here’s a gif of him going off like an insane man on the refs, but he warned it’s a little NSFW:

Benny Snell DEFINITELY would’ve been ejected for that.

• UNC lost to Duke and is now on a two game losing steak. Ouch. The Devils beat the Heels 74-64 on Grayson Allen’s senior night. Thank God he wont be around next year.

Anyone else feel sick while watching that gif?

Arizona won the PAC-12

Just a week ago Sean Miller was said to be fired soon, last night he coached all of his players to a 66-54 win over California and clinched the Pac-12.

It’s only going to get crazier as March continues. Buckle up.

Basketball on today

Needing your Sunday fix? Here’s who’s playing today:

• No. 10 Cincinnati vs No. 11 Wichita State at noon CBS
  • No. 25 Houston vs UConn at 4 CBS Sports Network
  • No. 8 Purdue vs. No. 15 Michigan at 4:30pm CBS

I’ll be on the couch all day watching basketball and then the Oscars if anyone needs me.

Looking ahead

IT’S SEC TOURNAMENT TIME!!!! Who’s excited?! I know I am. Here’s how the bracket’s looking:

Thanks to Missouri, we got the double-bye and will play the winner of Mizzou vs UGA/Vanderbilt.

Going to St. Louis? You’re in for a treat! I visited a good friend in St. Louis back in August and had a blast exploring the city. Here are my personal recommendations (via my friend who I visited):

• Ballpark Village: The best place to watch sports in St. Louis, home to multiple TVs and a jumbotron, it also has four distinct bars and multiple restaurants. If you can’t get tickets to the games, I’d highly suggest camping out in Ballpark Village to watch them. At night? I’d suggest PBR. If you’ve ever been to the Louisville location, this one is better. We spent a good amount of time watching people fall off the bull at PBR, I have a feeling Ryan Lemond might be one of those people this weekend.
  • Ted Drewes: Y’all, I have not stopped thinking about this ice cream since I had it. Certified the best “Ice Cream” in the world, it’s a must go-to spot. It’s life changing and you should go everyday you’re there. Don’t let the line fool you, it moves fast and also, it’s worth it. Bring me back a reeses concrete please.
  • The Zoo: so fun! If you have kids, or just like seeing every part of the zoo – get there early for free admission into the children’s zoo. Otherwise, all other zoo admission is free! My personal fave are the penguins. After the zoo, spend some time enjoying the other free museums Forest Park has! There’s tons.

For those of you going: Have fun and enjoy all St. Louis has to offer! Tweet me (@savannahpattKSR) if you need anymore suggestions!

Go Cats!

Article written by Savannah Patton

My first words were Go Big Blue. Follow me on twitter:@savannahpattKSR

19 Comments for Today on KSR: IT’S UPSET SEASON

1. Eazy
    10:26 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

Kansas and Virginia have got to be the worst 1 seeds ever. Please give us one of them. Virginia has 0 National Titles and Bennett usually chokes like Self. And to think 502codered was pumping up UVA. We have more titles than them, UL, Kansas and Nova COMBINED. We are everyone’s SB!

• Jiminy Crickets
      10:54 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

Actually I also think nova and Xavier are also very weak. There’s about 5 teams in the top 25 that I think are dangerous, the rest is a crap shoot

• callitlikeiseeit
      1:03 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Eazy calling other teams weak. You know we lost to Kanas right. And yesterday they had nothing to play for while OSU was playing for a hopeful bid, on senior day. UVA would kill our young guys on defense. You want weak, look at the SEC. Auburn is our champ, look at their non-conf wins. It is a joke. UF is 3rd and is 0-3 vs ACC and got blasted in a couple games and lost at home vs Loyola. UT did beat Purdue so has a good win out of conf but lost to Nova, UNC, the other good teams they played.SEC will get 7 in but highest seed will be a 3. Big 10, Big 12, ACC, Big East will have multiple teams seeded higher than our top team. SEC is not good, just has alot of average teams so they beat each other up. Auburn is not good and they won the league, enough said.

• callitlikeiseeit
      1:11 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

even the AAC might have 2 teams seeded higher than SEC team.

• BigBlueNationDude
      1:28 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Funny you say give me this give me that. Cats havent shown much ability to do anything this year. Give me nothing. Every team scares me.

• 4everUKblue
      2:08 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

That’s because you’re a weak minded UL fan pretending to be a UK fan. Emphasis on weak minded.

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      6:24 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

BBND is a dook fan.

2. Jiminy Crickets
    10:59 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

The truth is, I hate to say it, Duke has to be the favorite to win it. As long as someone, anyone, beats them the rest of the tourney will be fantastic

• BBNDan7
      11:03 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

Duke can’t play defense. They aren’t winning this thing

• Jiminy Crickets
      11:53 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

Agree on the defense. But they have guard play, hit perimeter shots, and 2 elite bigs. Now, their bench is weak. If they get in foul trouble, that will be the thing that beats them.

• 4everUKblue
      1:09 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

They shot 20 free throws to UNCheat’s 5 last night, they were down by 10 until the refs started taking over.

3. Ez21
    11:24 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

Nova is not weak. Imo Michigan state and Nova would be the favorites.

4. RJH
    11:31 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

MSU Racers!!!

5. Rixter
    12:23 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Grayson Allen announced he’s transferring to Duke, and will play next year as a Fifth Year Graduate Transfer.

6. gasman01
    12:38 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

I’m curious to see who Sean Miller sues if he’s vindicated. On the other hand if he’s lied…….

7. mj7juice
    3:13 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Anyone shocked that Self is talking to Sermons? Shocking. Same guy that called the Wisconsin game with 15 phantom calls & the missed shot clock violation.

8. nybrasky
    3:35 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

I was just coming to post that in fairness to Self, Doug Sirmons does in fact f’ing suck.

9. CarltonBanks
    4:40 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Ted Drewes is FROZEN CUSTARD, not ice cream. “It really is good, guys and gals”. Also, get some toasted ravioli while you’re in.