A 20-foot python nearly killed a Newport man.
Terry Wilkins was feeding the 195-pound snake in his reptile store, Captive Born Reptiles, on Monday when the snake turned on him, according to BuzzFeed News. It bit him in his head/neck area, causing a nasty and bloody scene immediately, before the snake began to wrap around his body.
A woman was trying to distract the snake while he was feeding on the animal. The distraction must have not been a very good one. She began throwing hot water on it to make it stop, but it wouldn’t. Luckily, police were in the area, responding to her 911 call in a matter of seconds. I would have lost my mind if I walked onto that scene, but they remained calmed and uncoiled the beast from Wilkins’ limp body. The snake put up a fight, but they won this round.
I am still shocked after typing all of those words. The lesson learned: breeding large snakes is VERY dangerous.