If you haven’t watched ESPN in the last month and a half, former quarterback and current SEC Network analyst Tim Tebow is now a professional baseball player. Tebow signed a minor-league contract with the New York Mets earlier in the month, and during his first instructional league game between the Mets and the Cardinals today in Florida, he hit a home run on the first pitch he faced. Of course.

Here’s another view:

I tried for years not to like Tebow, but I actually really enjoy him as a football analyst. And, probably, as a baseball player too.

8 Comments for Tim Tebow hit a home run on the first pitch he faced as a pro baseball player because of course he did

1. 3dcatfan
    4:21 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Why would anyone try to not like him? Too nice?

• runningunnin.454
      6:37 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Definitely a class act….did you see the story about him and the heart attack victim on the plane? Very inspiring.

• Luether
      9:02 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Tebow’s a class act. Wish him nothing but the best…

2. bigtaters6957
    4:44 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Went to the deep part of the park in left center off a lefty… it’s not, not impressive

3. “I’m Tim Tebow!” Just like the “I’m Keith Hernandez!” from Seinfeld, when he was also with the Mets, albeit not with the instructional league.

4. BLUEDOUG65
    6:16 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

How can you try to not like him? Because he was Florida`s QB? He is one of the nicest, classiest guys you will meet . I would be like liking Karl Anthony Towns because he played for UK and someone hated UK. Both kids are assets to society and I wish we had more like them…. unfortunately we don’t and so they stick out as odd balls when they should be the norm… I wish him well and I am pulling for him.

5. BiasedBigfoot
    12:23 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Gaaaa! He has just enough all-around talent to make you jealous, but not quite enough to make you despise him. And his super sincerity makes you feel guiltily for even considering to hate him!!!

6. rolandrmoore1965
    10:44 am September 30, 2016 Permalink

I live in the Philippines and his family is legendary here for all the good works they have done. The world needs more people like him.