Tim Couch takes over KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

Are you ready for some football? Today, UK Football legend TIM COUCH takes over the KSR airwaves alongside Ryan Lemond. Tune in to hear Tim’s thoughts on UK’s upcoming season, their big win over Louisville, and whatever surprises Ryan has in store for him.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

20 Comments for Tim Couch takes over KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Ready for a Ky connection? Last night TCM aired “Ode to Billie Joe”. I never knew this movie existed, but I always wondered why he jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge, so I watched. Not very good, but a pivotal character was played by an actor I recognized, James Best from Powderly, Ky.
    He also played Sheriff Coltrane on Dukes of Hazzard. He also played Jim Lindsey the guitar player on the Andy Griffith show. He couldn’t play guitar, but he was from a very musical family; his mother was a sister of Ike Everly, father of the Everly Brothers.
    After the movie, the guy on TCM said Bobbie Gentry wrote the song about an actual event in her hometown, but she had no idea why the guy jumped, so the movie was fake and I wasted 2 hrs..ha ha.

• Realme
      10:33 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Hard to know why anyone commits suicide, unless they leave a note and explain it. I’m guessing Billie Joe didn’t, hence the mystery even wikipedia can’t solve.

• I never saw that movie but I remember when it was out, or seeing commercials for TV airings, not sure which. I’m surprised you never knew about it RG. Wasn’t Robbie Benson in that, or am I “misremembering”?

Bobbie Gentry was easy on the eyes as I recall.

I had no idea about James Best being related to the Everlys, or that he was from Kentucky. I was disappointed when I found out he didn’t actually play guitar on Andy! Those were great episodes.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, Benson was in it with Glynnis O’Connor; it was produced and directed by Max Baer Jr, son of the ’30’s heavyweight champ.
      Funny about the song, when it came out that little community was besieged by people that wanted to…yep jump off the bridge. They had to adopt a law with a heavy fine to stop the shenanigans.

• Baer also directed “Macon County Line” I think. I never saw that one either, but from what I remember hearing it was kind of an edgy movie for it’s time. Not Jethro Bodein stuff.

• runningunnin.454
      11:18 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

I guess it was Kentucky night on TCM; after Ode to Billie Joe, they showed Deliverance which had Ned Beatty, also from Ky.

2. J-Dub421
    10:30 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Tim Couch is still the best QB the Browns have had in quite some time.

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

U of L and IU hated Tim Couch so he’s got my vote.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Couch and I were at UK at the same time (he’s a couple years ahead of me). It was an exciting time to be at UK. Football was fun again. He was so popular it even caused quite a stir when he went to UK basketball games.

3. Allowing Elliot Uzelac to put Couch in the option was the last straw for me with Curry. I had hung in there with him until that point.

4. I enjoy hearing Anthony White and the Sunday Morning Sports Talk crew while I’m getting ready for church.

5. J-Dub421
    10:58 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Having football dudes on KSR all the time lately is making me anxious for football season to start.

6. J-Dub421
    11:12 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

Couch’s offensive line at Cleveland was more porous than swiss cheese.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:38 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

I like the mystery guests …and the game; reminiscent of “What’s My Line”.

• Realme
      11:44 am July 19, 2017 Permalink

I think they could just assume it’s a Ky offensive teammate and skip the first 3 questions. 🙂

8. largebluej
    2:53 pm July 19, 2017 Permalink

Is it just me or is there a problem with the podcast today? First hour had a lot of starts and stops and the second hour isn’t available yet

9. true2blue
    6:34 pm July 19, 2017 Permalink

Where’s the second hour!!!! I’m upset I missed the Tim Couch episode and it’s worse now that I’ve only been able to listen to the first hour.