Tune in to KSR! (Thursday Show Thread)

ksr-logo

On today’s show, Matt and Ryan will discuss all the news from around Big Blue Nation, including the latest on Kentucky’s upcoming game at Alabama and what’s happening on the basketball recruiting trail.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

41 Comments for Tune in to KSR! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:09 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Drew, you are more natural on tv than that other guy on the show! Nice job.

• Realme
      10:24 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Wheeler Walker or Walker Wheeler was good too. Like Zach Galifinakis as a country singer.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      2:04 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

Test

2. So the first domino has fallen in Tuscaloosa at the QB position. Blake Barnett is transferring. Remember I told you guys that right after Mac Jones committed, a Bama blogger was on the radio and practically yawned when the hosts asked him about Jones’ commitment? He said that he couldn’t imagine that with all the QB’s Bama had on board and had committed that they would all stay. Well, there you go.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

I would like to go back to the early 60’s with a wad of cash and buy all of the musclecars I could, and store them away and make a fortune off of them.

• Muscle cars were awesome!

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

I’d like to go back to the 60’s and buy stock in Microsoft.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:24 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Microsoft didn’t exist in the 60’s. It wasn’t founded until ’75.

• J-Dub421
      10:25 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Well there you go, I’d still want in on the early stock.

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

I have to say that the 90’s rocked pretty hard too – literally and figuratively. Best time of my life, in spite of how much I love my kids. Great music, the economy was rocking, no worries about terrorism or climate change, I was young and nothing ached, and I had my own house and a little bit of money. Life was all about looking forward to the next party or boating trip. Good times.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:28 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Honestly, if you could somehow show up in 1975 with a few hundred bucks to give Bill Gates, it would probably translate into a billion today.

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub would want to grab a screwdriver and turn a few screws on the first PC so she could claim that she helped invent it. 😉

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

My parents sold a bunch of stock in Humana to build an addition on the house right before it took off. Also, my dad had every number but the last one for the lottery one year. Kind of luck we have! 🙂

• Not to be a party pooper RCF, but we did have the first World Trade Center bombing and the Kobar (sp?) Towers in the 90’s. A lot of folks have forgotten about the first WTC bombing since it wasn’t nearly as successful as the perps hoped.

As for buying stock, Drew reminded us of Forrest Gump getting rich in part by buying stock in that fruit company!

• J-Dub421
      10:31 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Nah, I just want a few original stock shares. Heck, one share would probably do it. With all the splits it’s made and how much it’s gone up over time, I’d be quite wealthy.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

cg, true, but the world seemed to be a much less scary place back then. I remember how optimistic things seemed when the Berlin Wall came down. It really felt like the world was headed in the right direction. Things changed drastically after 911. Now everyone is living with that gnawing anxiety of “what’s next?”.

• So so true. The Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union breaking up was something I never thought I’d see.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:17 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

If you go to the game, let us know if Tuscaloosa still stinks; in the mid ’70’s there was some industry there that engulfed the place in a strong stench. When I was in Birmingham, several of my classmates were from KY and we were all UK fans. One of our friends was a ‘Bama grad and played football for the Bear; he still had connections and obtained tickets to a UA-UK basketball game.

When we arrived on campus and met up with the ‘Bama guys that had the tickets, the odor nearly knocked us down; When we asked them “what is that smell”?; they replied in unison….”Whut smale”.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Person to hang out with for an hour: Cal. Or maybe Robert DeNiro. Dave Grohl would be up there too.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Joe Walsh would be another cool guy to drink a beer with for an hour. Wish he was running for president again – I would vote for him!

• ukjaybrat
      10:35 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

ditka

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Warren Buffett.

6. J-Dub421
    10:24 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Matt isn’t really in a position to call anyone else a dork.

7. Realme
    10:52 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

One of my co-workers still tells fond stories of when her thirty something son was a boy scout. Next time she tries to corner me with a boring story, I’m going to tell her he should look into becoming a Chairman Of The Dork Patrol. No offense to former boy scouts. I was a brownie, and it was great.

8. Souf beach Lou
    10:59 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

the dude is correct. If your a white man in America you hit the lottery, why change anything? If trump gets elected and your family is a recent immigrant they face not only the prospect of being deported but threats of violence from people who assume you are “illegal” just because your Hispanic or a “terrorist” just because your Muslim or a “thug” just cause your black. But white men are the biggest welfare queens the world has ever seen. Just look at KSR they built their wealth off of mostly black athletes that cannot make one dime off their hard work playing, but KSR makes a killing selling razors selling everything and they never even went to UK

• ClutchCargo
      11:10 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Bitter much? My suggestion for anyone who feels that way is to take it to heart that America is the land of opportunity and live life with that mindset. Class envy is self-destructive and is just a tool by the liberals to get votes. There are FAR worse places to be poor or a minority.

• bigbluerobert
      11:11 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

White men are the biggest welfare queens? If you are going to make your liberal ass statements at least know the facts. Actually african americans (15% of population) but make up more than 35% of food stamps. Sooooo lets just get that out of the way boss. Also I know you dont have a job but selling razors is importantly especially to us who have to shave to work. Also havent seen many hispanic terrorists..but if you see any contact your local law enforcement

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:23 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Immigrants who don’t hatefully spit upon their American hosts by coming here illegally are always welcome.

• BluKudzu
      11:27 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

I mean, we came here illegally. How did we treat our Native American hosts….?

• DelrayCat
      12:21 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

In Kentucky, the biggest welfare recipients are Trump supporters. Just go to Eastern KY where half the population is on fake disability, food stamps, don’t want to work, and constantly cry about Obama and socialism….90% are Trump supporters. Just like Trump they want to game the system as best they can and then blame that same system when it gives something to someone else. Hypocrites.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:36 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

Many East Kentuckians are on welfare and fake disability because extremists on the left have systematically worked to dismantle every avenue these people have to work and make their lives better. And why? Solely for the purpose of creating a dependent class of slaves. Same plan they used in the inner cities. Only it didn’t work as well in East Ky. Why? Because Scots-Irish pride turned the people against those they see trying to shackle them.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      12:43 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

STE – c’mon, man. You don’t actually believe that, do you?

• The REAL Billy Hill
      12:43 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

Because that might be one of the best spin jobs I’ve ever read. Ever.

#denial

• J-Dub421
      12:45 pm September 29, 2016 Permalink

Most factory jobs have been lost to automation, not foreigners. You cannot stop the march of progress.

9. Realme
    11:26 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

WRONG.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:50 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

So if RoGaine really works, why don’t you get hair on the palms of your hands from applying it? 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

You only get hairy palms from self-love. 😉

11. J-Dub421
    11:53 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Matt Bevin seems a bit unhinged.

• Realme
      11:54 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

Yeah. Just a bit.

12. J-Dub421
    11:57 am September 29, 2016 Permalink

There’s your new poster slogan, Realme! “Can’t it just go our way one time?!”

• Realme