Throwback Thursday: Josh Harrellson With My Favorite Play Against OSU

Never gets old. (from ukathletics.com)

Never gets old. (from ukathletics.com)

Never gets old. (from ukathletics.com)

So, I believe kids these days are still using #tbt to remember the good times. Well, it’s only fitting we have a Thorwback Thursday to take a look at my favorite individual play in quite some time. That of course is this fastball from Jorts:

I still remember where I was for this (sup Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas) watching this where of course a ton of Kentucky fans were. There was a lot of high fiving in Vegas and still a lot of laughter when I watch this now. Might put this on repeat until Saturday afternoon.

Article written by Bobby Reagan

One time representative of UK at SEC 3v3 basketball championships. Northern Yankee living the Kentucky dream. Follow me @uklefty22

11 Comments for Throwback Thursday: Josh Harrellson With My Favorite Play Against OSU

1. Big Kat
    5:09 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

The worst writer on this site. I could barely make it through that last paragraph. Jesus.

2. tippytoe
    6:28 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

You know what I remember about Josh Harrelson? The BBN practically begging Calipari to play him before he finally relented.

• theSkinny81
      6:58 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

Pretty sure Kanter being ruled ineligible before the season started factored into Cal’s decision, not some delusional fans on the internet.

3. Megan
    7:16 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

That should be a technical foul. Intentionally throwing the ball at an opposing player. Why is that allowed?

• rockatao
      10:39 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

Could not agree more, Megan. Anyone who loves this play has NO respect for the game of basketball. There is absolutely no place for this.

• Capurnicus
      8:31 am December 18, 2015 Permalink

Lol, your joking right?

• Catsby80
      8:42 am December 18, 2015 Permalink

You guys cannot be serious… Is it just a little too politically incorrect for you? Give me a break.

4. Codayo
    8:14 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

It’s always been a legal basketball play, u think that’s bad, u should have seen Montrezl Harrel bust a dude in the face with one last season…

5. BTownUKFan
    9:05 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

I remember watching that play live with no sound. I was like “JOSH WTF!!” and then I realized what he was doing…what a heads up play! He played a big role in our success that year.

6. DT in DC
    9:24 pm December 17, 2015 Permalink

I was 40 weeks pregnant and watching this with the DC area UK Alumni club at Grevey’s. I thought I was going to give birth there during that game! I ended up having my son a few hours before we lost to UCONN in the Final Four the next weekend. What a memorable tourney for many reasons!

7. spookykim
    9:17 am December 18, 2015 Permalink

Best. Play. Ever!!! I still laugh at this! He was our most intense player! So much fun to watch!