Three Rivals experts predict Mohamed Bamba to… Texas.

5208640

If you’re to believe three of Rivals.com’s four basketball recruiting “experts,” we are in for some bad news on the Mohamed Bamba front.

The website has predictions for the top remaining players and only one analyst, Eric Bossi, has Kentucky as the landing spot for Bamba. Corey Evans, Dan McDonald and Krysten Peek all picked Texas as his future college basketball home.

All four agreed Jemarl Baker will end up at UK, so there’s that.

But back to Bamba, I’ve been all-in on him becoming a Wildcat for quite some time now, and I’m not going to let this Texas momentum change my opinion. Until I hear something new and substantial, I’m going to keep planning on watching him block lots of shots in Rupp Arena next year.

However, there is one factor that has never been considered in my prediction and that’s the return of Bam Adebayo. The assumption of Bamba to UK has always been with the assumption of Adebayo to the NBA, so a surprise return could throw a wrinkle in things, although I still don’t think it will.

Quade Green has put in way too much work recruiting his best friend to Kentucky.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Three Rivals experts predict Mohamed Bamba to… Texas.

1. Easy-E
    10:11 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Texas?!

2. jkerr
    10:23 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

That’s a head scratcher. I can’t imagine a scenario where Cal doesn’t turn Bamba into the #1 pick. He may still do it at Texas but it won’t be lock like it would at UK

3. 8xchamp
    11:19 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

If he’s goes to texas, A.hes not as smart as people say he is, B.rather texas than duke.C. I wish him luck in the nit.

4. Bobbum Man
    11:34 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I wonder if it’s becoming clear Bam could return and he is looking elsewhere. Frankly I’d be thrilled with either scenario. Either one of these guys paired with Richards will make a heck of a duo

5. 8xchamp
    11:53 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

We got cal, so whatever and whoever. Uk will be a contender in March

6. Rln-Slo81
    11:54 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Shouldn’t matter play Bam at the 4 and Bamba at the 5.

• wildcatstrat41
      1:00 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

+1000! I’ve never understood why people think that the possibility of Bam coming back would sway Bamba from coming here. Yes, Bam played the 5 this year, but that was out of necessity. He’s 6’8″ and athletic. The only reason he’s always compared to Dwight Howard is because they have a similar build and legitimately LOOK JUST ALIKE.

7. Sentient Third Eye
    12:08 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

“They might go to hell, and I would go to Texas.” – Davey Crockett, quoted (ironically) in a Kentucky newspaper, the Louisville Journal around 1836.

8. Jiminy Crickets
    1:00 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

People are making weird references. Andy Katz said Humphries would leave because of “a loaded front court at UK next year”. Do people know more than they are letting on? At that time Bam was likely to stay in draft and Bamba hadnt even played in the MickyD game

• Mathlete
      2:04 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

Most people talk from a source they found deep in their colons, ignore them. No one remembers when you’re wrong anymore, but when you’re right you get the chance to remind them all the time.

9. fireants25
    2:17 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

I hope this isn’t the case…Texas would be a disappointment

10. AmazzzingLarry
    4:31 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

If Bam decides to return, that’s 4 McDonalds All-Americans (Adebayo, Richards, Washington, Killeya-Jones) in the post, plus potentially Humphries and Wynyard. Then at Duke you have Bolden and Carter to compete with. If Bamba spurns UK and Duke, it may be because he is risk averse. He would be “the guy” at Texas and wouldn’t compete for points or playing time. Jarrett Allen will be gone, so Bamba could slide in and average 20 and 15 per game.

I hope he chooses to push himself by going to UK. In the alternative, it would be nice to see Bam come back and play PF, which would better showcase his speed and talent. Doubt we get both, though.

11. CatBlue in LR
    4:34 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

If it’s a binary choice, I’d rather have Bamba than Bam, but I’d rather have both and have them on the floor at the same time.

12. BNClay
    4:38 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

He wants to play like Durant instead of like Davis. So this kinda makes sense to me. Cal not gonna let him dribble and shoot 3s.

13. chris43
    6:32 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

Would love to land Bamba…BUT what we need more than anything is SHOOTERS! I hope that I’m wrong but it seems like a bunch of big men and the rest are mainly drivers.