Three future Wildcats listed in the top 15 in final 247 Sports rankings

Tom Fox/The Dallas Morning News

Tom Fox/The Dallas Morning News

247 Sports released their final basketball recruiting rankings for the class of 2019 this afternoon, and as expected, the future Wildcats are represented fairly well.

Kentucky guard signee Tyrese Maxey was the top UK prospect on the list at No. 10, a two-spot jump from his ranking last time around.

From there, Kentucky’s newest signee, Kahlil Whitney, came in at No. 11 overall, followed by Keion Brooks Jr. at No. 14.

Headed a bit further down the list, future Wildcat Dontaie Allen jumped four spots to No. 91 overall, holding tight to his four-star ranking.

In terms of other Kentucky targets, newly-reclassified RJ Hampton came in at No. 5 overall, followed by Jaden McDaniels at No. 13 overall. Sharpshooting wing Johnny Juzang, the prospect most analysts feel is UK’s to-lose, came in at No. 30 overall.

Check out the first 30 prospects in the final 247 recruiting rankings:

For entertainment purposes only, Juzang’s commitment would give Kentucky an overall class score of 70.03, moving the Cats past Arizona (69.44) for the No. 1 spot. Adding McDaniels to that would push the total to 70.53 overall.

Not too shabby.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

11 Comments for Three future Wildcats listed in the top 15 in final 247 Sports rankings

1. mashman 93
    8:06 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Love it. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

2. bigbluenationmbb
    8:13 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

We will get McDaniel’s to Tipton edits leaked his commitment

• RAGE
      8:15 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Where did you see that??? Cause if you are right that is AWESOME

• BLUE WHITE
      9:29 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

He didn’t leak his commitment. He posted his prediction of mcdaniels in his story?

• bigbluenationmbb
      9:58 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

I dm one of my Kentucky sources on Instagram messaged Tipton about it and pretty much said he was going to Kentucky with our trying to say he was going to Kentucky

3. Cokely53
    8:23 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Would love to snag mannion from Arizona if he somehow becomes available due to everything going on. Also think Hurt is under rated at 16.

• jimmer
      9:19 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

How on Gods green earth does Arizona keep these recruits is beyond me. Must be upping their payments so they don’t leave.

4. EastKY-BlueBlood
    8:29 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

I honestly do not get the Scottie Lewis top 10 ranking in all these different services. It’s supposed to be based on now, college and even beyond predictions of them at their best. He is a super it’s athlete, with the potential to be a terrific perimeter defender. But he doesn’t handle the ball well. Itleast for a guard. He isn’t by any means a pure shooter. He struggles breaking guys off the dribble bc he is not shifty with the dribble, more just straight line.. They are TONS of guards with his size that can do what he does in the league. I just don’t see that elite scorer/shooter to warrant a top 10 ranking. Usually if ur awarded top 10 status, and ur scoring and shooting is a question, then ur an elite shot blocking, rim protecting Big man, not gritty, physical, athletic guard. If they are then it’s a good size lead guard who can really create and distribute..

Nothing what so ever to do with my UK lifelong fandem either. Plenty guys rated ahead of some of ours, that I would trade for.. But I honestly would NOT consider trading Maxey or Whitney for Lewis!! Not even think it over!! Think both have much higher ceilings as complete finished products as well..

• addyjaxlarkin
      8:37 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

IMO he is more than deserving of a top 10 ranking and I wish he was coming to UK. He is going to make major noise in the SEC next year.

• Kojohnson
      8:43 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

I see memphis could put together a solid team. With Hampton and Wiseman headlining but how good of a coach is Penny with these stars is the question.

5. imabucket
    11:45 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Man I can’t help but to feel bad for lamelo ball . I hope he learns from his older brother and gets out from his dads grasp sooner than later. I’ll admit that I hated his game and didn’t believe it would translate very far but now I have a feeling he may be better than big bro