This quote from Cole Anthony seems like good news for UK

USA Basketball

USA Basketball

We may have a bromance on our hands, boys and girls. UK commit Tyrese Maxey and UK recruiting target Cole Anthony are boys and after USA’s 118-26 blowout win over Panama on Monday they talked about playing together.

While Maxey was talking to media after the game Anthony walked behind him and gave him a big slap on the butt, but buttslapping aside, the two seem very open to the idea of playing together.

“Man, I love Tyrese,” Anthony said. “He’s a high-energy guy. He’s always smiling. I love Tyrese. That’s my dude, I’d love to play with him at the next level.”

Start the Full House music because the feeling is mutual.

“… Down at the Final Four we talked a lot then,” Maxey said. “He’s really cool. He’s high energy. He’s very high energy and he’s always up. He’s a good friend to be around.”

Anthony is thought to be a Duke lean, but there’s no denying that UK will be a major player. John Calipari and Tony Barbee were on hand to watch Anthony and Maxey play, and the pair has talked recruiting.

However, Maxey doesn’t annoy Anthony with UK recruiting talk.

“He doesn’t mention it that often,” Anthony said. “He’s brought it up a couple times. We’ve talked about it, obviously. My recruitment, I’m wide open. I’m not really even worried about that. I just tell him I’m just going to keep getting better.”

Maxey said he jokes with Anthony about Kentucky but knows Anthony will have to make the best decision for him and his family.

A Maxey/Anthony backcourt in 2019-2020 would be in the conversation as one of Calipari’s best.

Article written by TJ Walker

12 Comments for This quote from Cole Anthony seems like good news for UK

1. Rembrandt
    6:45 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

I think I see the familiar pattern here of a KSR writer stoking the hopes of UK fans for clicks with a seductive headline but no actual news. TJ Walker is a good writer, but I guess it’s the low point of the offseason. Here’s the lesson. This is how the misleading title deviates from the substance. Anthony himself says Maxey doesn’t talk recruiting very often, and Mr. Walker actually acknowledges that Duke is considered the leader. Of course, it would be great to sign Anthony (and every other great player in America). But I had to click in and out of this article three times because pop-up ads made it impossible to finish reading. We must be the most exploited fan base in the country.

• 4everUKblue
      7:56 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

All good points. Try an adblocker, adblock plus or one of the others.

• Rembrandt
      8:43 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

Thanks.

• 4everUKblue
      9:17 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

install adblock plus then do a search for the known subscriptions and pick the subscriptions that suit your needs.

• TJ Walker
      9:49 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

No actual news? Cole Anthony said he would love to play with Maxey at the next level. That’s news.

He also said they’ve “obviously” talked about it. And I acknowledge that Duke is the perceived leader, but if you want to pick-and-pull quotes, Anthony says he’s wide open in his recruitment.

Having Anthony say he’d love to play with Maxey is good news for UK. That’s not clickbait.

As for the ads, it’s a free website. You pay nothing to read it and have paid nothing since it was created. If 10 seconds of ads is the price to pay then that’s not too bad. I understand your sentiment but again… free.

• 4everUKblue
      9:59 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

Somebody got their feelings hurt…What you must not understand TJ is how many times we’ve seen pieces just like this one getting our hopes up only to have them commit to dUKe, Texas or Kansas just like Rembrandt said. His points are good ones, I think many of us are at the point where it’s news when they commit to Kentucky. And it is totally click bait. And good thing it’s free because I wouldn’t wade through all the click bait BS on this site if I had to pay.

• TJ Walker
      10:07 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

Well, if commitments are the only news you care about I’m guessing you’re pretty miserable 360 days of the year.

• natedaddy
      11:49 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

A writer who trolls the comment section looking to fire back at people who don’t agree with him is a loser. The internet is a harsh place. Learn to deal with it.

• 4everUKblue
      11:31 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

I’m only miserable when I read these Bullshit articles! And putting your posts in bold doesn’t make it any more true. How long have you been a UK fan? How many recruits in the last 4 years did this site write articles about how good our chances were only to have them go elsewhere? Let me name a few….Zion Williamson and Marquis Bolden both laughed in our faces, then there’s Andrew Wiggins, Mohamed Bamba was a lock, remember that? I can go on if your memory is failing you, maybe you should scroll back and take a look, but I’m guessing you don’t really want to know.

2. BCO
    7:25 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

Its nice to imagine a class of Anthony/Maxey/Brooks/Wiseman/Carey to go along with Herro, Quickley, Baker, Quade, abd Richards…Holy s***. We could maybe start the 40-0 talk again.

• Rembrandt
      8:46 am June 12, 2018 Permalink

“Nice to imagine”. Exactly. If we could just sign every top 10 player. And, if the pop-up ads would go away.

3. Jiminy Crickets
    1:37 pm June 12, 2018 Permalink

I can barely get on this site anymore. Not just pop up ads but all the google ads scattered all over, my laptop takes forever just to open the site, then it either freeezes or crashes. I can’t get on at work for fear of a pop up video playing loudly. Articles like this one are KSR at its core, take one tiny quote, buried inside a bunch of others and exploit the fan base to click. You know what? I did, and so will 10K others today. Mission accomplished