This note about Kerry Blackshear seems promising for Kentucky

© Michael Thomas Shroy | USATSI

© Michael Thomas Shroy | USATSI

I may not have news on Kerry Blackshear Jr., but how about a promising note? Gene Henley, the Tennessee beat writer for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, tweeted this morning that Blackshear’s number one priority in choosing a school is finding the team with the best chance of winning a title:

Blackshear is considering Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Michigan State, Texas A&M, and Virginia Tech. Of those schools, Kentucky and Michigan State have the best chances of making a title run, followed by Florida. After losing four of five starters, Tennessee is definitely in rebuilding mode, as are Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Virginia Tech, all programs with new coaches.

I’m sure John Calipari will tell him all of this when he gets on campus for his official visit.

[mobile_ad]

12 Comments for This note about Kerry Blackshear seems promising for Kentucky

1. Catcasey1
    12:06 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Come on big fella

2. KYjellyRoll
    12:09 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

MS is preseason #1 I hope we get him but there’s competition at MS

• StillBP
      12:17 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Dude was barely out of diapers when Izzo won his 1 title, at least Cals was this century! Hopefully that works in our favor.

• 4everUKblue
      2:28 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

I thought Izzo only had 1 title but I could be wrong.

• 4everUKblue
      2:30 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

My mistake BP, I misread your comment as his first title but I see now you said won his 1 title.

• StillBP
      4:18 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Well I did mean decade instead of century so I did mess up! Lol

3. kjd
    12:34 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Does he want to fill the role of Reid Travis? The One and Dones will be the focal point of the team.

• J. Did
      7:34 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Kind of a good point. I just don’t see him signing with KENTUCKY. Reid Travis was a blessing to have at KENTUCKY. He played PAC 10…at Stanford. Different league than the ACC. Bottom line is what we have all thought: What could’ve been. And, what can potentially be….should he sign with KENTUCKY. We will soon see.

4. bigblue98
    12:36 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

The real question – do you want to win a title, be a legend, and reap the rewards many years later as part of BBN? No other program in the country can offer that.

• nocode96
      12:42 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

5. UKinmyblood
    12:38 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Don’t sleep on Florida.

6. BobbyBlue
    1:35 pm June 12, 2019 Permalink

Anybody that can graduate college in three years while playing one of the two major college sports at a high level,has to be very bright.
    Blackshear’s dream is the NBA, and a bright guy like him would be keying on what he needs to improve on as gleaned from his just completed NBA tryouts. I think he would be more interested in where he can go and receive
    the coaching to reach his dream, with a deep showing in March Maddness just a side bonus, and not the deal clincher.