Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 6.19.26 PM

A Lexington woman stopped by Subway for a sandwich earlier this week, like people do, but she got a whole lot more than a six-inch and a bag of chips. She got, as the video shows, a flurry of profanities thrown her direction by the Sandwich Artist when she asked that the Sandwich Artist wash her hands before preparing the food.

According to the video, the employee was outside smoking a cigarette and refused to wash her hands when she returned. She told the customer to “go to another Subway” and “leave mother f-cker,” among many other things.

It looks like a pretty wild time in there:

PLEASE WATCH! All because I told her to please wash her hands as well as put on gloves. She told me to go to another subway. I'm soooo proud of myself. Some of y'all have no idea. This could have ended TOTALLY different. I prayed for her. I will be to see the manager tomorrow. A tornado can come destroy everything in Lexington but this subway and I will NEVER, EVER SUPPORT them. Even if it's free…and I love food.

Posted by Laton Jones on Monday, February 1, 2016

I would say this is a bad look for Subway, but we’re talking about the company that’s still going strong after its celebrity spokesman was busted for trading photos and videos of nude children as young as six and paying to have sex with minors.

Subway will be fine. In fact, I’ll probably go grab me a foot-long Classic Italian BMT for dinner.

Article written by Drew Franklin

39 Comments for This Lexington Subway employee probably doesn’t work at this Lexington Subway anymore

1. Bluebloodtoo
    6:44 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

I love that instant video can make people accountable for their actions now….

2. mav3rek
    6:54 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

To everyone involved in this video:

Thanks for setting Kentucky back about…. oh, I don’t know…. 60 years. We all jus’ a bunch of dum red necks I ‘spose…

• UK Big Board Update
      8:23 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Nah, the Kim Davis debacle was almost a year prior to this.

3. The_Doctor
    7:00 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

This young lady and her brother just happened to have once been my patients. If you saw what a life of hell they came out of, you’d be amazed that any of them or their siblings are still alive, much less semi-functional. Ah Pike County…..at least they managed to navigate the Mountain Parkway successfully.

• Rixter
      7:11 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Oh, she’s a few sessions away from semi-functional.

• jayray402
      9:55 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Isn’t that some sort of Hippa violation? Lol

• KentuckyBoy
      8:04 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

Ahh, Internet anonymity. Way to keep it classy Doc. On so the saga continues. Everyone passes judgement on everyone else. Drew, I believe you have reached a new low with this post.

4. DelrayCat
    7:12 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Uh…I’m guessing the narrator/customer is black and this is perhaps a bit of latent racism. As with all these cases, neither party is completely in the right and both sides need to look at their actions a little more closely

• UK Big Board Update
      8:17 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

LMAO!!!!

• UK Big Board Update
      8:20 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

You’re right – the customer inquiring if the person hired to HANDLE HER FOOD washed her hands after returning from outside and smoking, is exhibiting “latent racism”.

God damn.

#Trump2016, folks……

• chimichanga
      9:14 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

I like how DelrayCat needlessly introduces race into the conversation and immediately accuses someone else of racism. Think before you type, people. F#$%.

• manOwar
      9:44 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

Now hold on a second there UK BIG BOARD…… I think that Delray Cat has a point, to a degree…. The fact of the matter is, once the lady was asked to leave the store, she was obliged to do so. If a business asks you to leave, for any reason, then you have to leave. They have the right to call the police on you. However, the girl DEFINITELY needed to be called out for not washing her hands. That is disgusting. All I am saying is that once she had her on camera, and the girl was totally busted, then you need to leave. To continue to stand there and record after you have been asked to leave is just for the sole purpose of antagonizing. Why would you want to stay and antagonize an idiot? What good di that do? The woman doing the filming already had made her point and had video evidence. That was enough. She should’ve left when she was asked to leave. The Subway girl should definitely be fired. However, I don’t get any sense of racism from this, at all.

5. RealCatsFan
    7:16 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

And to make matters worse, the Five Dollar Footlong is now six dollars!

6. winagain1
    7:34 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

“They wear gloves dough”. Best part-bar none.

7. wildcat1515
    8:04 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

The lady taking the video is starting the crap. She is only out for a lawsuit, that’s all they do anymore!!

• UK Big Board Update
      8:24 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

“They”, who?

• satcheluk
      9:58 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

You know this how? You what they say about people who assume…

• chessplayer1974
      10:20 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

I agree the lady with the camera is begging for something to sue over. Both parties need to have their attitudes adjusted.

• francisdamfking
      5:24 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

No kidding. Just leave the damn store. Why video and try to agitate her. Go on yelp and leave a crappy review. Black lives matter will probably be protesting anyday now outside of there.

• UK Big Board Update
      7:33 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

Careful, your racism is showing….

8. Kat4Life
    8:12 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Like much of society, it illustrates more about fragile and worsening race relations that poor customer service……we are just about back to 1968………

• KentuckyBoy
      8:11 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

What a sad time we live in. People forgot how to treat other people. No one cares about anyone but themselves.

9. Jeremy D
    8:40 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Everyone involved handled this poorly.Yes the woman should have washed her hands, but when she decided to be an ass, the customer should have walked out of the store. And if she was that bothered by it, she could have called the manager the next morning. What good could have came of that situation once you have reached a certain point, that circumstance was beyond salvageable.

• UK Big Board Update
      8:48 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Nope. What her video did was bring attention to the fact that there is an apparent hygiene issue and poor customer service standards running rampant at this particular store.

Or – she could have walked out and let the next person unknowingly have their food handled by this poor excuse of a human being. Maybe instead of smoking a cigarette, she used the restroom or took out the trash instead….

• satcheluk
      10:01 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Agree with BBUD. Videos the fools and shed light on their moronicy.

10. 2thepoint
    8:41 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Why are we taking sides with the employee? It doesn’t matter who the customer is an employee leaving the work station should have the common sense to wash their hands upon returning, period! It is their job to protect their company from embarrassment and lawsuits. I have had several instances with Subway employees filling requests and then move to check out wearing the same gloves, handle a filthy cash drawer as well as money and return to fill my request with those same gloves. I won’t let them. It is a health hazard and disrespectful of customers.

11. Jaybrown13
    10:01 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Complete and utter BS hypocrisy coming for the woman filming this idiocy. I have little doubt at all this woman has eaten without washing her hands, and no doubt whatsoever that she has eaten from her own hands after using the bathroom and not thoroughly washing her hands. That’s reality, unless you’re some kind of neurotic germophobe. We do things like snack on something without washing tour hands after playing with the dog or shaking hands or going to a mall riddled with germs. People even eat at the mall on dirty tables and after putting our hands where dozens of others have put theirs without washing their hands. Raising yourself above others and judging them this way says much more about you and the a-hole you are than it does about others in general.

• satcheluk
      10:03 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

The fact that you have no doubt about anything that doesn’t involve you says a lot about you. Hopefully, it’s just your misuse of hyperbole, so I won’t speculate on your motives.

• UK Big Board Update
      7:47 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

Jaybrown13 wont mind then if I scratch my ass and then make him a taco. I mean, everyone else does it, right?

12. OldKYShark
    10:33 pm February 4, 2016 Permalink

Not a single person involved in this comes out looking good. The Subway Sandwich “Artist” obviously has issues as dictated by her actions in this video. She should’ve removed herself from the situation instead of dropping F-bombs. The video taker is an instigator, no doubt about it. A NORMAL person leaves and takes up the issue with a manager instead of causing this scene. If what she states happened even freaking happened, as that wasn’t even on the video. Also it did happen, I don’t for a second invision this person non-chalantly mentioning to this worker to wash her hands. I am guessing she was probably rude and abrasive also. Which led to this altercation. Both of them are morons IMO, and this lady filming is probably one of the same bunch campaigning for $15 minimum wage.

13. BigBlue420
    12:31 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

The person recording definitely could have been looking for trouble or whatever but it’s not like the girl could’t have chosen to control her emotions the slightest bit.

14. chardun20
    2:31 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

It doesn’t matter if the lady filming was wrong, the issue is the lady not washing her hands before handling someone else’s food. It’s funny how some people change the argument instead of dealing with the issue at hand.

15. NewCircleOld
    6:57 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

What’s crazy about this video isn’t the video but the comments. Who cares about the fact that she thought to record it. I might not have, but I’m glad she did. This nasty sammich artist may still be making tar and smoke BLT’s if not. For all the racists out there. Think how you’d feel watching this if the employees was black and acting “ghetto” to an older white lady. Would it change your opinion on the situation?

• loservilletard
      12:11 pm February 5, 2016 Permalink

she has on gloves, no tar on your sammich. the person filming is just wanting attention. She got it. But she didn’t get a sammich!!!!!

16. Capurnicus
    8:04 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

I dont quite understand… Don’t they prepare the food with those disposable gloves on?

17. loservilletard
    10:09 am February 5, 2016 Permalink

stupid people with cameras….she wears a clean glove, what difference does it make about the hands inside the glove. Your food is not being touched by her hands, only the glove. You don’t want them to wait on you? leave the damn store!

• CountryCowboyBBN
      12:28 pm February 5, 2016 Permalink

it’s about cleanliness. What if she would have taken out the trash, or come from the bathroom after taking a dump and she didn’t wash her hands? Would you be ok with her coming up and just putting gloves on? If she would have lost her attitude and just washed her hands there wouldn’t have ever been a video and she’d have a job! No black or white about this video! People are just unclean and that’s not ok when we have the proper materials to be CLEANN!!

18. Southerngal92
    6:09 pm February 5, 2016 Permalink

Now I am speaking from a person who works in the fast food industry. You are suppose to wash your hands any giving time you step away from the prepping area. Your gloves are disposed, once you leave the prepping area. I thought it was crazy to wash your hands before putting on gloves, but gloves are not complete sanitation. You have to wash your hands properly before putting on the gloves. Its all about SANITATION and CUSTOMER SERVICE. NOT RACISM OR HOW SOMEONE WAS RAISED. I am pretty sure she was properly trained on how or when to wash her hands when dealing with the food. The customer should not have to tell her to wash her hands. This video only shows that employees in fast food industries don’t care about these customers or how they prepare someone’s food. If this would have not been recorded or addressed, she will still be smoking cigarettes and preparing one of you guys sub sandwich. Now think about that and let that sink in. What happen to CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!! Yes it was a bit much for them to keep saying something to her once they addressed the issue of the employee not washing their hands. They should have exited the store afterwards, but I guess she wanted to aware you guys that there was a cigarette smoking, not washing hands properly, potty mouth subway artist fixing subs without doing it on SUBWAYS GUIDELINES and not what she does at home. The profanity was outrightous. She had no right calling the customer out their government name. I see no one addressed that. That is not how employees treat customers no matter the circumstances. You are to remain calm and apologize for any inconvenience. Then I seen someone speak on a lawsuit. Now I thought you actually had to endure food poisoning. In order to that she had to purchase a sub, but she didn’t. (No actions for a lawsuit are no where near this situation) They just wanted to aware you of what was going on at that subway location.

If she would have did her job right, there would be no video. I can’t say if she lost her job, because the manager probably didn’t care.

19. ncaa is in on it
    3:11 pm February 7, 2016 Permalink

I think I recognize the employee , it was a couple of years and quite a few pounds ago during apple day in Painstville.
    She was wearing an airbrush t shirt with enough blue eye shadow to make a clown blush. We paid her brother 5 dollars to hum some skynyard tunes while I fangered her in the back seat. Guess what? I didn’t wash my hands neither.