This Has All Really Sucked

That’s not me in the picture. But honestly, for the better part of the last 4 months or so, it could have been. Every night around 9 pm, I sit at this exact desk and try to come up with topics for the next morning’s KSR Radio Show. It is usually a fun, relatively easy task. One of the best parts of KSR as it is currently constituted is that Ryan, Drew, Shannon and I can literally riff on almost any subject, whether related to sports or not, and have a blast doing it. Because we are friends in real life, discussions on the show reflect the conversations we would have in our normal existence, and that breezy dynamic makes the show run.

But recently, the hour or so I spend in preparation for the next day’s radio show has been a form of torture. I believe KSR is a unifying force in Kentucky and my goal every day is to use the show to make people think, laugh or smile, but most of all, to make them entertained. However lately that has become exceedingly difficult. As I run through the list of potential topics, it becomes clear that most are a barren wasteland of depression. Normally there are three types of KSR talking points…sports, current events and our lives. There are no sports that I could even stick to…literally nothing meaningful has happened in UK Athletics in months (probably since Olivier Sarr committed) and one can only stretch the “who was the greatest UK player whose last name started with “L” question so far. Sports is a vast morass of nothingness right now and it isn’t clear when that will change.

When I try to go to the news or current events, virtually all possibilities are sad or depressing. There has been almost no news of significance over the last three months that hasn’t been about (a) Coronavirus (b) Protests or (c) Trump. All of these topics have been depressing on a level so high that is hard to even find a recent parallel. I can’t remember a video that has disturbed me more than the killing of George Floyd. I can’t think of a personal story that has saddened me more than that of my friend Dewayne whose mother passed away in a nursing facility after he and his father were unable to visit due to Covid. I can’t think of a time I have been more worried for my state than in the days and weeks after the senseless killings of Breonna Taylor and David Mcatee in Louisville. These topics dominate virtually all other forms of media and when we try to engage them on any level, the audience tends to just get mad. On Tuesday, a simple question about whether the rising numbers of Coronavirus cases would mean college football was less likely to come back led to an hour of calls that made even me depressed. Society has become so politically divided on issues (even public health) that even discussing them rationally leads to abject anger. It is sad and hard to overcome.

So with sports and news basically off the table, what’s left is our own personal lives, the discussion of which I believe forms the basic of what truly makes KSR great. The listeners to the show know all of us, know what we are like as people and thus when we tell our stories, I think listeners enjoy living vicariously through them. But here’s the problem. Nothing is happening in our personal lives either. We are all, like you, basically stuck at home. There are no fun interactions with people, no road trips to cool places, no adventures in New York, wild nights at KSBar or really anything beyond our regular daily existence. And what has happened, at least for me, has been pretty terrible. My father had serious health problems, my girlfriend was quarantined a thousand miles away, my book tour went out the window, my chance to host the NCAA Selection Show disappeared when the Tournament got cancelled and all of our businesses lost their main topic and income generator. It has sucked fairly royally, and I am sure for many of you, the feeling has been similar. When I go to bed at night, the fact is that most of the time I realize I have accomplished almost nothing of importance outside of watching Breaking Bad, reading part of a book and tweeting about pro wrestling. When you can’t go anywhere, you can’t really do anything communal and there are no events to attend, life is sort of boring and monotonous. And making that fun on the radio is…well, its difficult.

While these problems have all existed for the last few months, they reached a crescendo with me in the last 48 hours. The combination of the first local candidate I have ever really gotten behind losing (barely after an amazing late run), the bizarre calls on Tuesday, a trip from my girlfriend to Kentucky being cancelled by her work and a larger than usual dose of online criticism coming my way (something must have been in the water) has led to me being uncharacteristically down. I am at heart, an optimist. But right now, optimism is very difficult. With each passing day, the idea of sports returning (and along with it our regular lives) seems to diminish. The bickering and nastiness that is infecting our country not only seems to grow, but the people engaging in it seem to only take more glee in its rise. A national election is coming that will be brutal on our collective psyche and likely disbelieved by many on the wrong side of the result. And future moments in Kentucky (most significant of which will be the decision whether to charge the officers in the Breonna Taylor case) seem almost certain to lead to more collective sadness and turmoil.

I don’t say any of this to say that I have some magical answer. I wish that I could tell you that I think we all will be at Kroger Field or at least KSBar in September to start rebuilding our lives back to normal. But I just am not sure if that is the case. When the request to put a piece of cloth on our mouths is received by some as an affront on their God-given right to eat at Applebee’s unhindered, it becomes difficult to see a future positive outcome. However, I do think it is important for me and those of us at KSR to be real and honest. For better or worse, what separates what we do from lots of other outlets is that we are our true selves to you on a daily basis. And honestly, this has all really sucked.

I remain optimistic. At some point, life will get back to normal. I don’t think we are hopelessly divided forever and I do think the collective joy we all felt when Lynn Bowden through that Touchdown in the Belk Bowl will come once again in a variety of forms. But for now, I bet many of you are like me, bummed at what an absolute shitty year 2020 has been. If so, you aren’t alone. When you hear me cranky on the radio or frustrated about something, understand that is probably a larger reflection of this time as a whole. Andy Beshear said (I hear Shannon doing the voice when I think of it), “we will get through this, we will get through this together.” I know he is right, but I bet I speak for a lot you when I say…I sure hope it gets here pretty soon.

Article written by Matt Jones

195 Comments for This Has All Really Sucked

1. Ned T.
    7:54 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Don’t use KSR as a political platform. It is insulting to a significant percentage of BBN, and is just plain rude.

Perhaps you will feel better.

• tree_gardener
      9:17 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You just proved it buddy. Lol

• Kyfanfav1984
      9:30 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Last I knew this is Matt’s site and his radio show. Although I don’t agree with his politics it’s not my place nor yours or anyone else to tell him what to and what not to write about. If it’s so insulting start your own site and show and you can take all the other people who think they can dictate to Matt what to write about. Who knows you may become more popular than KSR. If it’s so insulting don’t read KSR or listen to the show.

• kjd
      12:17 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Poor Matt.

• Brutal Hustler
      9:33 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Hey, don’t watch/listen/read then. This isn’t Burger King, you can’t have it your way. The world isn’t catered to you and the sooner you learn that the better

11:20 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You’re not helping at all, Ned.

• ukyelecteng
      1:49 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Agreed Ned. Stick to sports Matt, it’s what your good at.

• humboldt24
      2:13 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

He can use the website he created however he wants without being rude. What’s rude is responding to someone’s heartfelt article about how tough the past few months have been by condemning his attitude and blaming him for speaking his mind. Try to have a little bit of empathy for once – I’m sure you, and those around you, will benefit.

• The Big Lebowski
      2:57 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

The politics have always been on KSR.

It has always been a part of the schtick.

You’d think people would get tired of whining about it.

Here’s a thought, though. Don’t click on the links/columns that contain politics. I know. I know. That would take discipline, common sense, restraint, self knowledge. All in short supply amongst humanity.

• Bluebloodtoo
      6:46 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Freedom of speech. Freedom to change the radio channel. Freedom to not read the political posts. Freedom to state your opinion. You enjoy all of those in this country and so does Matt.

• Maxxron
      7:04 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

If you don’t want politics, listen to Tom Leach and turn the radio at 10 am the way I do at noon to I don’t have to listen to Limbaugh.

• ryanbruner
      8:33 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

You sound like a sensitive clown lmao

• Rick_Noush
      9:59 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Suck it, Ned!

• Nugget01
      10:07 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Blueblood. I like it! Don’t you find it strangely absurd reminding this to the same people who (most likely) say they don’t have to wear a mask etc because of their freedom to choose not to?

• 3 fan
      11:09 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Ned you do realize you prove the point of what MJ is saying right?

2. DC_CatFan
    7:59 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Well said Matt. I couldn’t agree with you more.

11:34 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

This is it. The only non-negative comment in the entire comments section.

11:37 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Well, you do reap what you sow…

3. Tywhoppity
    8:05 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Maybe you can do a show where the four of you each does a reality check and count your blessings, and encourage callers to do the same? Sometimes, with all the negativity, people forget that in the big picture, life ain’t that bad. Yeah, I was laid off for five weeks, both of my sons are currently laid off, I haven’t been able to visit my grandma at the rest home for three months, and it seems like the country has turned into a bad Jerry Springer episode; however, we here are all healthy, we have food on the table, the lights and water work, plus gas is still cheap. All in all, we’re OK. And sometimes, OK is good! :’ )

• _lilman_
      1:03 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Bravo Tywhoppity

4. Catsfan29
    8:06 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You’re proving Matt’s point Ned.

5. neilbert
    8:08 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Endeavor to persevere.

6. bigtaters6957
    8:17 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Good news is that things will eventually get better. Bad news is it’s going to take a lot of effort from the side doing the right things, to convince the side that “needs their freedoms”, that doing the right thing for everyone is how to operate.

• Bluehender
      8:23 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You’re not going to convince those people they are wrong. It ain’t happening. They’ll go down with the ship (and the country) and take all of us with them before they would admit they were wrong. That’s just the way they are.

• Jon
      8:47 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Yes. Get BLMarxists not to rob and loot stores. Good luck with that.

• ukcamel
      11:08 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Doing the right thing means destroying millions of small businesses and virtue signaling about masks when convenient (i.e. never during a “protest”). You just need to convince them they don’t need things like food and shelter, the ability to worship, the right to go outside to exercise, unless a government agency tells them it’s ok.

Keep being so sure of your righteousness, you are definitely not part of the problem, wanker.

7. Thedem
    8:19 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Agreed with Ned T. No need to alienate half (or more) of your audience.

• ComfortablyNumb94
      12:44 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Or you could just disagree with his opinion and move on – no reason to feel “alienated” over the opinions of one man

• satcheluk
      1:50 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Aienated=Karen

8. Buttons96
    8:21 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

It’s a shame that you’re getting a lot of criticism. Maybe the people, like myself, that think you are doing a great service and job haven’t been as vocal as we should be. Keep speaking the truth. P. S. Mitch Please is an incredible book. Thank you for that too.

• Bluehender
      8:28 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

I agree Buttons.

9. Bluehender
    8:26 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

…the other side is not any better. Neither side wants to budge for the good of the country and therein lies the bulk of our problems.

10. Alex90
    8:28 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

In the last few months you have focused on politics and you have started attacking fans online more and more. Just realize people have different opinions and move on, stop reading them. I’m a fan but during the last few months I’ve had to unfollow Matt and Drew on Twitter due to their constant political talk and attacking/making fun of fans online. You always say don’t punch down but you guys seem to have forgotten that.

• Brutal Hustler
      9:40 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

That’s some snowflake-like behavior if a handful of tweets upset you that much. Hope you can pull through

• Alex90
      10:28 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

With no sports it’s been just about every tweet for 4 months. I didn’t complain about them I just said I unfollowed due to the content. I only follow these guys for U.K. related info and occasional Ky related content. They’ve lost touch with why they got popular in the first place and that’s not just me talking. Now it seems they’re more concerned with pushing a personal political agenda or businesses in which they own it have interest in. I know there’s nothing going on in U.K. sports right now but maybe they should just give it a break instead of picking such divisive topics daily then complaining about how there’s so much negativity.

11:22 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You must have been following a different Drew Franklin.

• 3 fan
      11:10 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

The door is on your left. Bye.

11. Bluehender
    8:29 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Matt, what happened to the bucket of topics? Haven’t heard that phrase in a while.

11:33 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

The bucket of topics is currently hanging out with 24 Hours of KSR, the camping trip to Waddy, and countless brackets.

12. SpontaneousHumanCombustion
    8:29 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

If you don’t want “online criticism” then don’t have an online presence. Barring that, you’ll just have to take your lumps from all of the fake Twitter accounts.Remember, Twitter is only real if you believe it’s real.

• Bluehender
      8:37 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Trump must really believe it’s real..

13. Dee
    8:38 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Matt- I’ve listen to the show a long time… the last year I have noticed a change in you and KSR… it has been subtle….. but the show is intelligent and has been leaning left and left each day. 5 years ago you would touch on a political issue maybe once every couple months… now…. it’s three or four times a week. For this reason…. I turn the channel the moment politics are mentioned.

I get it… I truly think you would make a great governor or representative for KENTUCKY. But KSR is not the place for politics.

• UKCatAttack
      9:50 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You aren’t wrong about the show changing but to his credit politics is pretty much the only thing anyone talks about these days. He also considered running for Senate. And 4 years ago during the previous presidential election and at least the last 2 gubernatorial races KSR has been very involved with debates and candidate interviews. I’m very independent politically. I’m registered Democrat but vote Republican as often as I vote Democrat. I actually think Matt typically presents both sides pretty fairly. I usually enjoy his commentary and when I don’t agree with him I don’t feel the urge to yell at him or fight him. I’d gladly debate him on some topics. I’m not sure why when people don’t agree with each other they have to yell at the other person. I’m sure when you listen to Hannity or Limbaugh you don’t complain the whole time because they talk politics.

11:01 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, UKCatAttack, but I don’t turn on Rush (can’t stand Hannity) to hear him talk sports…

8:02 am July 3, 2020 Permalink

The extent of their involvement in the Gubernatorial or Presidential races has been to attempt to portray the Democrats in a positive light and the Republicans in a negative light. Just like the rest of the media…

• j4stone
      8:38 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

agree dee. i do the same thing.

• satcheluk
      2:03 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

So says you.

14. StuckinLville
    8:39 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

This year has definitely sucked and it just keeps on getting worse. At the beginning I thought a great year was in store with multiple concerts and sports to look forward to but that’s all been shot to hell. Plus everyone has lost their damn minds. Getting refunds on everything has been the only positive.

15. lexattorney
    8:40 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

*Commonwealth Stadium.

Matt, I don’t have time right now to correct all of your errors in grammar and whatnot but that was the most glaring. I would be glad to sit down with you when all of this is over and show you proper comma usage, how to avoid run-on sentences and other useful tools that will improve your writing. Otherwise, I enjoyed this piece.

• Jon
      8:44 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You mean Lynn Bowden actually ‘through’ a touchdown pass? No way.

• kjgouk
      8:46 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

I’m guessing you are single?? If not, your wife wants to be!

• kjgouk
      8:49 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Replying to lexattorney…

• lexattorney
      10:29 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

When you don’t have a legit or relevant argument, ladies and gentlemen, you resort to inane drivel like this comment from kjgouk.

• kjgouk
      10:34 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You are absolutely correct. I am bored. But commenting on punctuation, come on man

• lexattorney
      11:46 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

When you put yourself out there as a media member it is pretty important to use proper grammar.

• Maxxron
      6:58 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Someone writes an entire blog post about how depressed they are and the first thing you think of is to attack them over their grammar? Really?

• Nugget01
      10:24 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

When you don’t have a legit or relevant argument, you resort to ragging on grammar…

Oh, and shouldn’t there be a comma after ‘whatnot’ in your first (run-on) sentence?

• classof68
      11:42 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

lex – Journalism died long ago. No one proof reads what they write anymore. I’m sure Matt knows how to spell but it’s still not a good look.

16. timbo
    8:42 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

You, and other extreme liberals, never see an issue with your requests (which are always presented as demands), only with why people don’t agree with your sophisticated perspective. You continuously force your ideology upon others that don’t agree, while berating them for their ill-advised dissension and accusing them of trying to force their ideology upon you/others. I may not even disagree with you on some topics, but your condescension in the mask statement is over the top and proves what I’ve said. What’s absurd, is that extremists always end up eating their own and yet you still trek down the path. At some point you’re no longer liberal enough or in lockstep and now you must do what you’re told or face the wrath of those to your left. Mask and shield? Face wrap, mask, and shield? 10 ft, face wrap, mask, and shield? What’s your limit? Somebody is going to “request” you take it a step further, tomorrow, because it’s not far enough. Face mask used to make a point, rather than to to belittle others, in this case.
    Sorry that you and others feel down right now. Any hope in this world is only going to let you down. Try using the same empathy for others that you’re expecting from others.

• Bluebird
      9:26 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

I’m not an extreme liberal. And I’m sorry you feel like people are talking down to you. But there’s nothing “sophisticated” about asking people to wear a thin mask when they’re around other people. It’s about as simple solution to a big problem as one can ever hope to find. Please. Wear a mask. Even if you don’t really believe in them. You lose NOTHING by doing so. And if you happen to be wrong, you might spare some other people some hard times.

• Jesus H. Chrysler
      9:35 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Timbo w the Quote of the day.

11:24 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

• ukkatzfan
      12:10 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

timbo “Try using the same empathy for others that you’re expecting from others”. It is one of those “finger pointing” statements that no one can ever use innocently.

• timbo
      7:59 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Ukkatz: You still can’t see the hypocrisy in the situation? If you’re “requesting” (disrespectfully demanding) that someone wear a mask; despite their own discomfort/personal problems/desires, for the sake of others, you’re also demanding their empathy and that it force them to act. At the same time, these making this “request” of others, belittle dissidents for their ignorance and berate them for whatever their non-complaint reasoning may be. Straight up hypocrisy. You don’t truly care for others, if behaving that way, you’re pretending. It’s more likely these individuals fear for their own safety and believe everyone else must play a part in that. That’s the only thing that really makes sense. And so we’re clear, and not that it’s anyone’s business. I’ve been wearing a mask in the right situations. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy that some apparently don’t get or won’t admit.

• Irish son
      4:44 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Incredibly ignorant post. They just cant stop….

• timbo
      7:44 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Thanks for making the point. It’s hard living in a world where everyone is so much dumber than you, I bet. Let us know how we should feel and think this morning, so we don’t blow it again?

• 3 fan
      11:15 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

You, and other extreme Trump lovers, wear rational people out

• timbo
      10:44 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

By the way, 3; I’ve voted for Trump as many times as you, apparently. Glad you’re so rational you make irrational blanket statements and assumptions. So smart. I bet you do get worn out.

• satcheluk
      2:06 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

I stoped reading when you called Matt an “extreme liberal.” You are ignorant of what that even means which makes it difficult to listen to what you have to say.

17. mcp157
    8:43 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

The title of this blog is Kentucky SPORTS Radio Matt. Sorry you are feeling down, but most of us do have your political beliefs! We don’t have great love for the ever more socialistic leaning, fascist Democratic Party. I love hearing you when you are focused on sports, especially all things Big Blue, and each time I have listened to you speak you have sounded like a gentleman. Why not focus more on UK sports which brought you fame and admiration?

• satcheluk
      2:09 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

When ignorant people show their ignorance do you think they know it or is ignorance bliss? “Socialist leaning, fascist Democratic Party” That appears to be an unintentional oxymoron, which makes you just a moron.

18. mcp157
    8:46 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Do not have your political beliefs

19. Jon
    8:46 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

My grandpa died early this year. Now I have to make sure he doesn’t vote Democrat from the grave. Man-up, wash your face and butt, and get your ass to the polls if you’d like to vote. Sissies.

• ComfortablyNumb94
      12:49 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

You seem like a really pleasant guy, Jon.

• Bluehender
      2:45 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

That’s gonna be a huge problem for these Trumpers when he loses. They’ll never believe it was legit.

• Bluehender
      8:34 am July 3, 2020 Permalink

We haven’t had that problem where I live..

20. Wild Turkey 101
    8:54 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

The virus has been extenquished(really) in some countries but the USA hasn’t gone about it the right way. The buck stops with you know who.

21. Grazilla
    9:04 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

These comments are trash. But maybe we’re all expressing ourselves poorly given the lack of social interaction and extreme amount of doom in the media.

22. DelrayCat
    9:25 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Deep down…even the most die-hard conservatives know Donald J. Trump is a colossal failure.
    Future generations will forever ridicule his followers and the current GOP will always be known as criminal collaborators.
    The entire GOP is heading toward an incredible rebuke in November all across this great country, and you MAGA chumps are taking it out on Matt. Shame.

• Alex90
      10:29 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Lol turn off CNN

11:10 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

And, DouchebagCat crawls out of his Mom’s basement again…

• Irish son
      4:48 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Of course they know. All the lies, fake promises, colossal failure during this pandemic, now coddling Russia again after intelligence reports a bounty on our soldiers. You people have the blood of over 130,000 Americans on your hands. Hope your happy with your vote…

• Maxxron
      7:00 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

This is the gospel truth.

• Ned T.
      7:08 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Trump is one of the greatest. He has stayed on course despite unprecedented and unrelenting attacks by people like Matt Jones and other marxists.

I did not vote for Trump (or Hillary), but I damn sure will vote for Trump in 2020. Our freedom depends on it.

• ComfortablyNumb94
      12:49 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Hahahaha

• satcheluk
      2:12 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Indeed! Trump is going to lose in a landslide and KY is going to vote for him overwhelmingly. The mush brains will be left wonder what the heck happened.

• Bluehender
      2:47 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

It’s gonna be a huge problem for these Trumpers when he loses. They’ll never believe it was legit..there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

8:21 am July 3, 2020 Permalink

See my response to your duplicate post above, Bluehender…

23. Johnson.reports
    9:33 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Grazilla! Did you hear about D or did you forget????!

24. peaches76
    9:36 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Matt, take a deep breath and look at all the blessings that you do have young man. Stop whining, although that seems to run rampant through the left theses days. Democrats have had the run of the country for the majority of the past 50 years. While we can agree our President is not the best at being diplomatic, he shouldn’t be piled on constantly by our media, the majority of which (like your show) are liberal mouthpieces. Please stop slamming on those whose opinion is different than yours. Above response is right about you and Drew making fun of those not in agreement with your way of thinking. You guys are old enough to be beyond the frat school mentality…and plenty smart enough to know it. I can’t say you’d be a great politician until you show the ability to view each side of a matter with respect. I too enjoy the show until you guys get on one of those political rants. It is then that I appreciate Shannon for his balanced views. He doesn’t seem to mind disagreeing with you on various points and it helps your show. Now, pick your arse up by the bootstraps and get back in the game. As a 60 something I’d just add that life isn’t always smooth and when there’s a turd in the punch bowl you just have to make the best of what you’re dealt and move ahead. It’s called living. Go Cats!!!!

25. Johnson.reports
    9:37 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Peaches76 !! Did you hear about Wendy?

26. GuitarHeroLee
    9:41 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

“Senseless” killings? Come on man, people have got to be better than that. What would you do if someone was shooting at you? In both cases, the officers were being shot at. Is it terrible that Breonna Taylor is dead? Of course. But the fault lies squarely with the one who started the shooting, not the officers. Choose your words more wisely.

• Bluehender
      9:59 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Didn’t the police bust into their home in the middle of the night? If someone busts into my home in the middle of the night they’re getting shot at. If you’re honest, you’d do the same thing. IMO..

• GuitarHeroLee
      10:59 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Are you running drugs through your house? If so, yes, you might need to worry about the police busting into your house. Generally speaking, I don’t worry about the police kicking down my door because I play by the rules. It’s amazing how you don’t have to worry about the police if you aren’t committing felonies.

11:25 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

I totally support law enforcement, GHL, but you hear too frequently about cops getting the wrong address and busting in and shooting somebody’s poor dog who’s just trying to defend their master. Or, what about the recent trend of “SWATing” people?

• Bluehender
      11:28 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Bingo TPACAT!!

11:25 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

• Bluehender
      11:26 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

They bust into the wrong house from time to time. Doesn’t matter whether you’re playing by the rules. What matters is whether you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time. It happens. I play by the rules too. Doesn’t mean they won’t knock my door down by mistake..

• Zack
      2:19 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Thank you for this. I was hoping someone addressed it. In both “senseless” killings police were being shot at first. There is no response to being shot at other than to shoot back.

Also, Bluehender, they were not at the wrong house. Amazing that people still believe that.

Of course both are tragedies. It’s always a tragedy when lives are taken. But please seek the truth and know the facts, not what social media tells you.

• humboldt24
      3:01 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

In “both” cases? I’ll go ahead and give you that Breonn’s bf started shooting, and Rayshard blindly shot a taser over his shoulder in the general direction of cops. I typically would argue that in both cases the officers used excessive force in response, but let’s drop that for now.

What’s your excuse for the cops in George Floyd’s case? What about Ahmaud Arbery being shot while running by two racist assholes? Are you also going to victim blame Elijah McClain for walking home from a convenience store and being murdered by two cops for literally no reason?

Even if we don’t argue about the “merits” of the first two murders, you have to admit there’s been more “senseless” murders recently than we’d ever ideally want in our country.

• The Big Lebowski
      3:40 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

“But there is zero evidence they were “running drugs through their house”. The warrant was for a guy who didn’t even live there.”

*************************

That is not true.

And that is part of the problem with these protests. Low information people who jump to conclusions and forming opinions based upon erroneous information.

“Records show that Taylor was not the main target of the investigation, but she and her apartment were specifically named on the search warrant that led police to her home that night. Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was not named on the warrant or the investigation.”

If you are going to have an opinion and bloviate on a public form, at least, have the common decency to be informed.

And none of that is to say that the Police should have conducted the raid in the first place OR that Breonna Taylor selling drugs was a reason for the Police to kill her.

And yes, it was a senseless killing.

Any killing by the Police which results from poor discipline (firing blindly into a house ten times), lack of training, stupidity, lack of professionalism, etc is a senseless killing.

American Police are useless fools. I’ve lived in several countries. None of them have the problems that we have with Police brutality, qualified immunity, civil asset forfeiture.

H…., the Police in Afghanistan have more sense than the Police in America.

That said, Police in America are exactly what you voted for.

Police are a responsibility of Mayors and Governors. If you have a sorry excuse for a Police Department with poorly trained Officers running around staging no knock SWAT raids at 1AM, you have that because the Mayor of your city wants it that way.

Stop blaming the Police for being the turds that they are. They are exactly what your elected officials have made them.

No Knock Raids require a DA and a Judge’s signature approval.

Why are we blaming the Police for this raid when it was approved by the Mayor of Louisville, one Judge and a DA as well as the (now fired) Police Chief.

Stop and think.

But that would be inconvenient.

Ultimately, the very people who are whining about the Police and blaming them for the death of Breonna Taylor are the very people responsible for her death.

The voters put Mayor Fischer in Office. He is the one who put the policies in place (or reaffirmed them) that resulted in the death of Taylor.

You, the voter, put him in office.

But that’s inconvenient. None of the BLM activists want to admit their own culpability. No Democrat wants to admit that their guy is responsible. It’s much easier to blame the Police. Blame the little guy.

And virtue signal away…

• The Big Lebowski
      3:56 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Arbery wasn’t shot by a Cop.

He was shot by private Citizens.

• satcheluk
      2:18 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

U r a mush brain. If someone busts down your door and isn’t wearing a uniform/ doesn’t identify themselves, then what are you going to do? They deserved to be shot at and they should be held liable for her unnecessary death.

27. frankiev
    10:15 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Your calls for kindness and sanity ring hollow when you spend your time and use your platform mocking conservatives and going to bat for far left, collectivist candidates. It’s a little hard to take your party’s concerns about going to bars or not wearing masks seriously after they spent the last month encouraging mobs who have killed more than 20 people and destroyed thousands of small businesses finishing off the job lockdowns started (many didn’t even social distance or wear masks *gasp*). Just as it’s hard to take your party’s calls to dismantle police departments seriously after telling us there’s no reason to own rifles for years. You are not serious people or good people. Used to love your show, was one of the best parts of my day looking past disagreements that seemed petty and distant. Maybe the lack of political civility you always insincerely plead for is a good thing. We no longer have to pretend to like people like you. Democrats no longer need to pretend to care about business owners, value freedom or love this country.

11:30 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

True, frankiev. At this point we’ve pretty much identified the people that love this country as founded and the people who hate it and want to make it something it was never designed to be. Those people need to GTFO and find their happiness in some other $hithole country, not this one…

• The Big Lebowski
      3:55 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

People who say “shithole countries” crack me up.

There are counties in Kentucky that are more backward than many of those “shithole countries”.

I guess they’re shithole counties.

11:55 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I’d still rather live in a “$hithole county” in America than anywhere else. Wouldn’t you?

• satcheluk
      2:23 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

No. I’ve lived a lot of great places around the world. Americans tend to be egocentric and I found meeting Americans abroad was a much more pleasant experience.

28. lizard king
    10:23 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

What’s really sucked is watching you snowflake liberals destroy history like the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Watching you liberals condone looting, rioting, and CHOP and want to get rid of the police. For Gods sake you all have lost your minds.
    Watching people condem others for being white and make false claims about nooses. And how no one is allowed an opinion unless it’s your warped opinions.

11:27 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

What really sucks is watching a president who won’t stand up for our Troops while Russia is paying the Taliban to hunt them down.

11:35 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

More Russians, eh? They’re EVERYWHERE! Probably one under your bed or behind your couch as we speak!

• The Big Lebowski
      3:53 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

So…I spent over a decade in Afghanistan AND…that whole Russians (and Chinese and Iran) offering bounties for US and Coalition troops has been rumored since, at least, 2003 when I first landed at Bagram Air Field.

Americans finally hear about it and use it to tear each other apart.

Aren’t you a bunch of patriots.

LOL

6:37 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Sorry, Mr. Lebowski. I guess it’s fine that’s going on then. And maybe we should just go be best friends with Vlad and invite Russia to all of our meetings with allies if it’s no big deal?

29. TPACAT
    10:46 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

Tell all your Leftist/Progressive (read “Marxist”) buddies out there to stop trying to destroy this country and you might be a little happier, there Matt…

30. michaelb
    11:45 pm July 1, 2020 Permalink

I understand your pain sirs. Fact is you guys are great and I’m just glad ksr is on still. Please never stop . I’d rather be bored at ksr church than trying to rekindle it somewhere else .

31. BoogieDMC
    12:08 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I’m done with KSR. This was supposed to be an escape from the BS. UK sports has nothing to do with politics. Facts were optional. Now it’s no fun.

• humboldt24
      2:16 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Whoa – it’s only taken you 3 months to realize that a website revolving around sports isn’t as entertaining as it is when sports are around? And yet, despite how “done” of it you are, you still read an article within 60 minutes of it being posted and respond?

32. Mc12
    12:08 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

My recommendation is that if your main way to drive traffic to this site is through political commentary, it could be a good idea for you to put the site on a hiatus and just let Jack post recruiting news on Twitter. You should turn off the news, step away from the smart phone, and spend some time with your family. If you do discuss politics just realize that many times your opinion is not 100% the end all-be-all. Getting likes is not validation that your opinion is the best opinion. A lot of times the right opinion is somewhere between what you are debating. The problem is we can’t have good debates anymore. Most shows have everyone spewing the same opinion leading to massive groupthink. Differing opinions within the group could be frowned upon and you may think that people agree with you but they may fear the repercussions …

11:59 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

That last sentence, Mc12, is what I think Ryan’s situation with Matt may be, to a certain degree…

33. ukkatzfan
    12:16 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt, i am guilty with quite a few others. And for my errors, I am truly sorry. This isn’t Mayberry any longer. So, I guess it is going to get worst before it gets better. Might be a good time to light a candle that has a calming effect. Best wishes Mr Jones.

34. DaaaaCats
    12:52 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

“Society has become so politically divided on issues (even public health) that even discussing them rationally leads to abject anger. It is sad and hard to overcome.” -Matt Jones
    Sums up these comments well

35. Carltyra
    2:22 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I disagree with almost every stance that Matt supports with limited exceptions. I spent 24 years in shit hole countries around the world because I agreed to support and defend the Constitution when I joined the Army. Part of that is free speech. But what most of these comments tell me is that you only support Free Speech that agrees with you. We have lost our way in this Country. I don’t want to berate anyone because they don’t believe what I do.
    I would love to sit down with Matt over a beer and talk politics and find out WHY he believes what he does than to automatically categorize him and his beliefs. I would hope that Matt would want to sit down and have a civil conversation with me. Spend some time figuring out what made us believe what we do. No talking down. No shouting and branding. Just two people talking politics and sports and life. But I don’t know Matt or any of the people who work at KSR and I’m not famous so, that’s never going to happen.
    I grew up in Paris. Bourbon County. Home of the Traffic Signal. I now live in Knox County. A hop and a skip from where Matt was raised. The two towns and the counties are vastly different but they do have one thing in common. People still talk to each other. Not text. Not email. Actual conversations. We don’t seem to do that enough anymore. The Internet and smart phones have made it easy to never interact with someone that you don’t agree with and gives you the keyboard balls to think that Sending hate email, talking down to people, reporting them to Facebook etc… is the proper and accepted way to make your feelings known and to win an argument.
    I have a deep love for this Country and this State because I have been to some of the worst places you can imagine. It’s not better. It’s not even close to being as Free or as beautiful. So, unless you want to end up living in a country torn apart, open your eyes and ears. Listen and actually HEAR and process what people tell you. Not with a Google battle to see who can find the most people that agree with them. But from the heart. Look someone in the eye and tell them “I don’t agree with you but I will listen to you with an open mind” Maybe we can find that middle ground where we can respect each others decisions and be willing to admit when we are wrong..
    In closing I just want to say that you all have the right to believe what you believe. The right to NOT listen to KSR if they aren’t saying what you want them to say. Exercise those freedoms. Have conversations and expand your horizons.
    Who knows maybe one day, when we all come together as a nation again, I might be able to sit down with Matt and have that beer. One old Conservative and One young Liberal. No Hate. No Name Calling. Just two men willing to talk AND willing to listen because we both have a love for this country, this state and Wildcat Blue.
    Now wouldn’t that be something…..

36. humboldt24
    2:33 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt, I’m a lifelong UK fan who’s dad grew up in Clinton, but I’ve never lived anywhere near Kentucky in my life. I’ve been reading KSR daily since the days of Jai Lucas, and over the years you’ve become someone my girlfriend gets tired of me talking about since I’ve always admired your perspectives. I live in a liberal leaning area of the country, and so I am not used to seeing such antagonistic viewpoints expressed so aggressively and without empathetic concern like I’ve seen in this comment thread. However, reading this post followed by these comments makes me value your strength even more than I did before as I recognize how incredibly exhausting it must be to continuously get condemned by people over honest viewpoints devoid of contention. I hope you know that there’s hundreds of thousands of other fans out there like me who hope you continue to discuss your viewpoints, your insights, and of course your passion for all things Kentucky for many decades to come. Thank you for everything you do!

• The Big Lebowski
      3:48 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

So, what your saying is that you live in an echo chamber and were shocked! SHOCKED! I TELL YOU! when you accidentally ventured outside of your safe space.

12:09 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, takes a real “hero” to stand up to us radical right-wing hill jacks…

• satcheluk
      3:37 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Agreed humboldt!

37. The Big Lebowski
    3:19 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I completely deleted Twitter and Facebook. The Left and the “Right” in America are truly disgusting right now.

BLMocrats is nothing but pure White Guilt. You have a bunch of White People running around the country virtue signaling using the plight of Black Americans to make themselves out to be heroes. BLMarxists are all over attempting to destroy history in the same way that the Stalinists did in Soviet Russia.

What happens next? We rename Washington D.C.? Name it after George Floyd or some other criminal who was unjustifiably murdered by the Police?

Republicans refuse to accept that there are real issues with Police and the Government in general.

People fighting over statues of a bunch of people who have been dead over a century. People pulling down statues of U.S. Grant because he “owned a slave”.

Every Black person who idolizes Cleopatra, the Pharaohs, Mansa Musa, Toussant L’Ovourture, etc are going to be in for a HUGE surprise when they find out that all of those people also owned thousands of African slaves.

They’ll also be surprised when they find out that Europeans didn’t enslave Africans to be transported to the Americas. Europeans purchased African slaves from African slavers and slave merchants and then transported them to the Americas.

The ignorance of the BLMarxists and their Antifa buddies is nothing short of amazing. It’s magnificent. It’s HUGELY.

It’s funny. I know a lot of Black people from all over the US and from outside of the US. Not one of them has marched for BLM. On the other hand, I know a great deal of over privileged White kids who have virtue signaled all over Louisville and the US.

Odd.

It seems that White Democrats still think that Black people can’t function without their White Democrat Masters to help them along. White Guilt is a mother…

George Floyd is the symbol of White Guilt and Virtue Signaling Democrats. BLM has been taken over and subverted by the Democratic Party in the same that the Tea Party was taken over and subverted by the GOP.

There plenty to talk about there.

You can talk about how there really is no Right in American politics. There are only varying degrees of Leftism. The GOP is only Rightwing in that they are to the Right of the Democrats on the Leftward side of the Political spectrum. 90% of the voters in America have no idea what Liberty or Freedom truly entails. They all want the State to save them from themselves.

Even these defund the Police morons. They want the Police disbanded, defunded…gone. Yet, when something happens, they all cry for the Police. Panzies. You have the right to bear arms. Use it.

You can also talk about what happens with Americans defend themselves against the BLMarxists threats of violence using their right to bear arms. If an American dares to protect their home from the violence of the Left, Cuomo invites them on to CNN to denounce them as Racists all the while denying that any violence has taken place in the States at all. lol And then tells them that he’s fair and balanced unlike that Tucker guy. That was a good laugh.

• 4everUKBlue
      7:33 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

BLM is being funded and use by George Soros and a bunch of his rich white associates to push an agenda, to divide and conquer. This is all leading to the great reset. https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

12:15 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Well said, Lebowski. I disagreed with some of the things you said about Police above, but this is spot-on (except you left the Marxist influence out). And , I’ve posted on here several times that all races have been subjugated by another at some point throughout history… And, thank you for your service, BTW.

12:16 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Oops! Didn’t catch “BLMarxists”. My bad, Lebowski…

38. The Big Lebowski
    3:47 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt, perhaps, you could stop being so hypocritical.

You were calling for people to rat out their neighbors for not socially distancing.

Then…magically…

You went silent about that when thousands of Leftists started taking to the Streets.

You made fun of people protesting in Michigan and criticized them for not socially distancing.

Then went silent when the BLM/Floyd protests kicked off.

This is the problem with Democrats. They virtue signaling, White Guilt and hypocrisy of the Democratic Party overshadows the virtue signaling and hypocrisy of the GOP immensely.

Wear a mask says John Calipari! Do it says Matt Jones! Social distancing is important says Matt Jones.

Unless you’re going to protest for a Democrat approved cause. Apparently, BLM cures covid.

39. The Big Lebowski
    3:59 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Everything that is happening is the fault of the voter.

You have voted for the same shitbags from the same corrupt parties for over 100 years.

The problem is universal suffrage. Most Americans are too ignorant to trust with voting.

• j4stone
      8:56 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

The Big Lebowski for Senate!! Love the posts

12:20 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

I’ve also said the voting should require:
      1.) A class on the Founding Documents.
      2.) An American History test.

And, most importantly:
      3.) An I.Q. Test!

40. zooboy7323
    4:27 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Hang in there Matt! I read the website every night and listen to the show when I can. Love your podcasts. Sorry about all the negative commentators but that seems to be the state of the society these days if they don’t agree with you. I think your thoughts are a breath of fresh air as opposed to the screaming and shouting many of the sports talking heads resort to. Also I like that you don’t just stick to sports. I think it is great to include other subjects, even politics, in your show and writing. I really enjoyed your taking the show on the road to the candidates appearances earlier in the year. Very enlightening.

• Bluebloodtoo
      6:53 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

One common theme among all posts on the article: it’s THEIR fault. Does anyone remember what compromise looks like? It is where the two parties meet somewhere in the middle of the two sides. Everyone gets a little of what they want, but no one gets everything they want. Someone needs to remember that soon.

41. The Big Lebowski
    5:16 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

“Government requires make-believe. Make believe that the king is divine, make believe that he can do no wrong or make believe that the voice of the people is the voice of God. Make believe that the people have a voice or make believe that the representatives of the people are the people. Make believe that governors are the servants of the people. Make believe that all men are created equal or make believe that they are not.”
    — Edmund S. Morgan (1916-2013)

42. kjd
    5:48 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Welcome to abnormal.

43. Ned T.
    7:10 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Also, while some of you constantly call Trump a criminal, why do you ignore Matt Jones violation of campaign finance laws by using KSR to fund his run?

Oh…forgot…liberals are allowed to break the law, but conservatives are not. My bad.

• UKFanSC
      7:24 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Ned. If you don’t get a grip I predict you are about to lose access to the comment section.

6:40 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

What run did Matt fund with KSR? Was he running against Booker and McGrath? I must have missed him on the ballot.

44. kurofmi
    7:21 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Sir. It is the law of unintended consequences. You are deluded in believing that your opinion has omnipotence. It’s really just an opinion. I could go on ad nauseam line by line but to what end?
    I suggest that you dance with the girl who brung you. She’s a very nice girl. You seem to be a very nice guy. People love fairy tales and escape from reality. Sadly you are reaping the fruits of crossing that line. Ponder it briefly…you are a smart man. It’ll come to you.

45. chris43
    7:35 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

How sweet a bunch of libtards who are depressed. I normally wouldn’t go there but when they make a sports site political…it’s fair game. UK SPORTS! We don’t want to hear about how much you admire dirty uncle Joe and how you wish he’d paid ya a late night visit when you were young. 😉

• ryanbruner
      8:41 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

The libtards and you inbred redneck racists are the problem lol both of you idiots.

• UKnowMe
      9:20 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Chris you try to fill 10 hours a week on UK sports when there has been none in the last 4 months. KSR has always mixed in current event topics. They just have had a lot more time to fill now.

• UKFanSC
      8:20 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I always turn to your insights whenever I’m starting to feel better about things…..you have an unparalleled ability to find conspiracy in anything….. and just like that, I’m anxious and paranoid again !!

• 4everUKBlue
      12:42 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Sorry to burst your bubble, but reality is a bummer and we are surrounded by conspiracies that most won’t see because they don’t want to see it because it is scary and it’s hard to believe the people running the show are that evil….but make no mistake, we are surrounded by evil. Did you even listen to the podcast. The reset is real and it’s coming.

• 4everUKBlue
      1:28 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

And if you didn’t listen to the podcast and check all the links below it, then there’s nothing to talk about here.

• UKFanSC
      3:14 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

I did listen to about 25 mins of it…..another plausible conspiracy scheme with credible examples and data points that gives one reason for concern. Eye opening and disturbing. As I assumed it would be.

If you are looking for it…..you will certainly find it.

• 4everUKBlue
      3:18 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Personally I think it’s good to be prepared and not caught completely off guard and know your enemy…just my opinion.

46. Ned T.
    9:01 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

@UKFanSC: Sure, Matt may ban me, and that is fine. Of course, that is what liberals do—silence opposing ideas and ramming their agenda down the throats of all.

Karl Marx did it, Hitler did it, and now the mob in the US is doing it. Congrats—you are in infamous company.

• UKFanSC
      11:11 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

The reason I said what I did is because they banned me once before. Just eliminated my ability to comment. Heads up.

• 4everUKBlue
      12:40 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

47. UKnowMe
    9:17 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I am registered Republican. Do I agree with everything Matt says about politics? No, but that does not keep me from listening because the show is entertaining. Some of you all sound like whiny bitches. “Oh this is what you get for having a different opinion from us Matt” GTFO if he offends you that bad and go back to your alt-right safe space. Far right is just as bad as far left.

48. j4stone
    9:23 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt’s show prep is very simple really. Make a political statement about how we all need to get along and then make fun of everyone who don’t agree with his political beliefs, talk a little about UK sports, make fun of Ryan, talk up white guilt and then make fun of people who don’t agree with him more. Promote his book, promote his restaurant, talk about inclusion and how we all need to respect each others beliefs and then make fun of people who don’t agree with him, talk a little about UK, make fun of Ryan some more and then end the show making fun of people who don’t agree with him. Pretty much sums it up.

49. runningunnin.454
    9:24 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

From one turbulent era in our nation’s history…to another,

50. Jayy
    9:33 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

I truly hope it gets better for you, but man you sure do fan the flames on the political divide. I’m done listening to the show for a while. You are so condescending when talking about politics. The your opinion is wrong comment was the last straw for me.

51. lexslamman
    9:49 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

No to masks. No to tracing. No to lockdowns. No to mandatory vaccination. No to social distancing. No to stimulus. No to protests. No to destroying historical monuments. No to raising taxes in a recession.

• UKFanSC
      11:19 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

In other words, no to sanity ? Your observations on how to behave in the midst of a pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people is just wrong. You may not care if you contract it, just like you are free to stab yourself or set yourself on fire….. but how about your 78 year old uncle ?? Want to keep him around for another Xmas or two ?

I do agree with your last two “No’s”

• 4everUKBlue
      1:04 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

I’m with you all the way lexslamman. Speaking of Bill and Melinda Gates and their vaccine agenda, go to the 1:55 mark and listen to Bill’s comments, if his last statement doesn’t make you uneasy there’s a real problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWQ2DsHWrQE

• 4everUKBlue
      1:12 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Go to the statement he makes at 6:45 mark and just look at the joy on both their faces.

6:47 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

So, I take it that you are a “Yes” for a ton of unnecessary death so you can relax in BFK and enjoy your local Mexican restaurant on Friday nights?

• 4everUKBlue
      8:42 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

I never get exhausted looking for truth, what does exhaust me are the people who either can’t or don’t want to see what’s really going on. How do you think you will spend the next lock down? Watching CNN 24/7?

• 4everUKBlue
      8:43 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

sorry, reply fail

52. Bluehender
    9:51 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Stop everything. The Ventilator King is speaking on TV right now. Everything is great and it’s all because of Him..

53. classof68
    9:51 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

If Matt is so concerned about the virus, he should be against the return of any contact sport until there is a vaccine. But I’m not hearing that. Is the football team going to have to wear masks? I don’t see that happening. I would call the show and ask about that but I don’t want to be belittled over the radio waves.

• ryanbruner
      10:32 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Lol you can be concerned and still want sports. What is it with you sheep? Why does everything have to be one sided? Just a dumbass comment.

12:27 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Well, aren’t you the “centrist”. Just remember, “those who don’t take a stand, stand for nothing”…

54. ukyelecteng
    10:09 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

This should be a classic case study in business suicide. Matt took a good thing, with a loyal following, and turned it into a divisive political blog. He misses the point that most people turn to sports to ESCAPE politics. He can be political but he should have kept it away from the sports blog. Now over half his (previous) listeners only talk negatively of the brand KSR. Business suicide

12:29 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

True, ukyelecteng. But, Matt doesn’t have enough common sense to recognize it. As proven by his political affiliation…

6:49 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Seems like he has a pretty robust collection of businesses to me.

55. jaws2
    11:30 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

This is one pathetic piece of whining from Matt. Dear God GROW UP MAN!
    You’ve merely confirmed the ‘softness’ of your age group with this rant of woe is me. Sorry to say I’m not surprised that since YOU created this political monster by blathering your ‘feelings’ over the airwaves unabated and turned the web site into your personal political ideology and platform, that now you seem surprised there’s been a huge backlash. For a guy that’s supposedly educated you certainly missed calculated on this one.
    I haven’t listened to your show for 3 years but you started down this path when your idol Hillary was running and the show went downhill from there. I have listened to other ‘sports’ talk shows and for some unknown reason they’ve been successful all this time WITHOUT sports and WITHOUT filling the waves with political views. You and your crew have ZERO imagination if you can’t fill 2 hours of radio talking sports. Sure, UK sports have been quiet, but you could have easily filled your slot with SPORTS in general. There is no excuse for not having done so, you just chose not too.

• classof68
      11:53 am July 2, 2020 Permalink

Jaws – I’m hoping as Matt ages he will see the world the way it really is. I was almost 50 before I did. Before that I pretty much bought the media headlines and didn’t have time to do the research. He doesn’t do the research on some things yet he has a narrow minded approach to those very things.

12:35 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Yep, classof68. I used to describe myself as a “bleeding-heart liberal” when I was younger but then life has a way of teaching you to see the reality of things. It’s this country’s only hope as it relates to these last two generations…

56. 4everUKBlue
    1:02 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

• 4everUKBlue
      1:08 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Go ahead and forward to the 6:45 mark for the creepiest statement and the creepy glee on both their faces when he tells us what’s coming.

6:43 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Do you ever get exhausted looking for the conspiracies behind every thing?

• 4everUKBlue
      8:42 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

57. lizard king
    1:09 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Liberals want to get rid of cops until the protest comes to them then they expect cops to make them leave

58. Looother
    2:21 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Don’t think my sources or I have anything to add that hasn’t already been said…

59. T-Town Cat
    2:33 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt keeps saying there’s no sports to talk about as the reason for the personal and political topics, but in the last 24 hours KSR alone has posted articles on Terry Wilson running, Pitino suggesting delaying basketball until January, a 5-Star Franklin County point guard picking UT, Rivals forecasting three Top 10 2021 prospects to pick UK, 3 football Wildcats wing picked 1st team SEC, ESPN discussing Olivier Sarr’s waiver, and Texas A&M getting hit with recruiting violations. Why can’t the radio show discuss those topics instead of politics?

5:29 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Very observant. That’s EXACTLY what I typed last night but didn’t send. The writers, many of whom are “amateurs” don’t seem to have trouble posting multiple sports-related topics each day. Why not use those stories on the show and mix in some other non-political stuff and there you go…

60. Jambluehue99
    3:28 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Sports used to be an escape from reality, but that is no longer the case. It, like everything else in life, has been invaded by politics where if you don’t conform to a certain viewpoint you aren’t welcome. So the escape so many crave, especially during the virus, doesn’t exist. When the virus is gone and sports are back, it still will not exist since sports is now a political platform for ill-informed millionaires who believe their opinion is more valuable than yours. It is sad. You can argue that this site should not be political, and in a perfect world it wouldn’t be. But it has suffered the same fate as sports in general. Right, left, it doesn’t matter. Sports just simply aren’t the same.

61. jaws2
    5:36 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Jamblue I disagree with second part of your analysis. This site and his show CHOSE to make it a political affair when Matt began backing candidates on his SPORTS radio show. Then he was FORCED (sarcasm), to play the ‘look at me look at me’ I’m gonna run for office! There’s no way in hell he was going to run against McConnell from the get go. He knew damn good and well he had chance to win; ZERO. Frankly he’s added to the exact reason why people are divided because he has no respect for anyone who disagrees with him.

• Jambluehue99
      7:20 pm July 2, 2020 Permalink

Good point.

62. danielscott52
    12:33 am July 3, 2020 Permalink

I’m just here for the comments. Love watching y’all idiots attack each other when your opinions differ ?

7:55 am July 3, 2020 Permalink

Well, welcome to the show. That bucket of popcorn will be $9.99…