There’s something brewing in Marques Bolden’s Crystal Ball…

What, you didn’t think we’d let a couple of hours pass without a Marques Bolden update, did you? While there isn’t any news from Bolden himself (please), there is some interesting movement in 247 Sports’ Crystal Ball of predictions. Three writers made predictions in Kentucky’s favor this afternoon, including two Duke writers:

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 4.43.44 PM

Of course, this is the Crystal Ball, so take it with a grain of salt, but as this recruitment has stalled, it’s nice to see some movement back in Kentucky’s direction, especially from Duke writers.

Maybe it was that sales pitch from De’Aaron Fox?

21 Comments for There’s something brewing in Marques Bolden’s Crystal Ball…

1. bigabes4uk
    6:08 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Awesome news- this is the 1st time throughout this process where I’m starting to really like our chances. Those guys changing those picks today is no coincidence!

2. BLUEVADER
    6:16 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

He will be a cat!

• Loother
      8:55 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

My sources still say Dook…

• Smyrna_Cat
      10:18 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

And Loother hasn’t been right, yet.

3. Twick39
    6:24 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Please sweet little baby Jesus

4. UKALLDAY1
    6:55 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

I always said the more that the recruitment drags out the better it is for UK. Think about it, they freed up the scholarship for him. Harry Giles basically stalked him at the end of season all-star games, K made the most recent in home visit, they had everything going for them, yet he still did not commit. Now coach Cal is making workout videos talking about next year is going to be “WAR”, it just looks like he got some good news. Even the De’aaron sales pitch looks like he knows something good is coming. Now the Duke writers are switching up on the crystal ball.

• Larry Pratt
      9:04 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

I tend to agree. If he were going to do what others wanted, he would have already picked. It’s a glimmer of hope, at least.

5. WillB
    7:44 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Pretty sure I said things were looking better for UK than originally thought once he went passed his self stated deadline of the 17th. At that point everyone thought it was going to be Duke, Thorton had just left, if he wanted Duke, he would have committed then. As soon as he went passed that deadline I liked our chances. Im not saying KSR should hire me to read the future, but Im not saying they shouldn’t either.

• Larry Pratt
      9:05 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Post of the day!! Some humor, finally!

• HankUK1976
      10:13 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Wait… that was supposed to be funny??? It sounded self-absorbed, narcissistic, vain, conceited, self-important; boastful and arrogant to me.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:38 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

The fact that he incorrectly used ‘passed’ instead of ‘past’ did give me a little chuckle.

6. Smyrna_Cat
    7:47 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Would love for him to come here … BUT it wouldn’t surprise me if the two Duke writers are just goofing on us. They are like that, you know!

7. RadioshackGreg
    7:49 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

Don’t fall for the devils’ tricks! They’re just baitin us good God fearing folk and trying to get our hopes up! Don’t fall for their deceit!

8. inside info2
    10:17 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

I knew Bolden was coming here two years ago. I’m not saying, I’m just saying.

9. suppie
    11:04 pm April 29, 2016 Permalink

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Are we being trolled?

What does Drew Franklin have to say?

10. tkat
    9:16 am April 30, 2016 Permalink

This is deception by Coach K. Put out Bolden to UK rumors, knowing he’s already got the kid. That way publicly, when Bolden commits to Duke, looks like K out recruited Cal at the last second. Nanu Nanu