There is a huge crowd at today’s show (Friday Show Thread)

There looks to be five million people at today’s show at Salsarita’s in Louisville. That is an unofficial number, but it’s officially a huge crowd for Friday’s remote.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Ticket giveaways provided by:

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Drew Franklin

46 Comments for There is a huge crowd at today’s show (Friday Show Thread)

1. Ridge Runner
    9:59 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Keep the clothes ON Ryan!
    -and all will be well…

2. I just read the latest “They won’t say who the QB is” post, and posted this:

It’s interesting that Clark sounds very much like a Tebow type QB. I knew he was good sized but didn’t realize he was the load that Nick indicates, but apparently with some of the same accuracy issues. He would be fun to watch if he can correct that.

Imagine small DB’s wondering “Do I have to try to tackle Benny or Danny on this play?”

• My Dixie Wrecked
      10:49 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

If he’s such a mobile QB, with a strong arm, I wonder why he was cast off Ohio State, a program that relies on strong-armed mobile QBs to run their RPO Offense. Hmmmmm.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

DW, don’t you have an ED commercial to guest star on?

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Dixie rolls in to be ants at a picnic as usual.

• My Dixie Wrecked
      1:40 pm July 27, 2018 Permalink

Or to be the Voice of Reality between a website that likes to sell the Kool-Aid and a group of sheep that like to drink it.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:13 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Yesterday was “Piss off Tennessee Fans Day” on Finebaum.
    “Ky fans are nicer because they drink Ky bourbon, only degenerates drink Tenn whiskey”.
    Maybe Matt should avoid Knoxville this year.

• RealCatsFan
      10:16 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like Matt and Vanetti also did a pretty fair job of pizzing off the Alabama fans on Finebaum.

• Yall beat me to it. RCF, why aren’t you and some of our other L’ville listeners at the remote? I would have loved to have been there yesterday and met the guy who’s Twitter video Realme linked.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Wish I could, but I took all of last week off, and I have Wed, Thu and Fri off next week for the Street Rod Nationals. Have to do a little work to give them a reason to keep me around. Wish the remote had been here last week when I was off.

• And RG, that’s really cool that you got Rupp’s auto! I have Pitino’s in my copy of “Big Blue Machine” by Russell Rice, but I’m sure a secretary probably did it for him. I knew someone who left the book there for me and they mailed it to me afterwards. I should take it to that “Pawn Stars” guy and get the signature authenticated. Ha!

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

It was cool that he invited us into his office, and talked to us for 45 minutes.
      Very gracious; made three random students feel like 5* recruits.

• Ridge Runner
      10:51 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Wow indeed. Awesome sir!

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

I must have missed that story. RG, you got to meet The Baron? Wow, that is true UK royalty.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

One of the funniest stories was from Digger Phelps 1st year at N.D.
      He complained the ball had Rupp’s name on it. Rupp told the refs, “fine, go find one with his name, and we’ll use that.

• Ridge Runner
      10:56 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Great story

• Ridge Runner
      11:05 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Edit.. Great storieS! Thx for sharing RG & JDub

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Years ago when I was in high school, my parents bought me a book and went to a signing with the 1978 title team. One of the players would do some sort of personal inscription for each book and they rotated around who did it for each book. Apparently, once they heard my name, they all started teasing Kyle Macy and had him do the inscription. So, there is a woman in Kyle Macy’s past with my name.

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

One more; once he was on a recruiting trip in E. Ky; and stopped to get gas.
      He handed the guy his check, and said “ You know who that is”?
      The guy looked at him for a long time, and said “I hope it’s you”.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Dayum – I drove the ragtop in, I have a camping chair in the trunk, and it’s slow at work today. Might need to conjure up an excuse to run an “errand” over to Hubbards Ln. 😀

• Ridge Runner
      10:26 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

There ya go!
      Living here in Georgia, I can’t imagine being close and not trying to take advantage.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Seriously starting to think about heading up there for the second hour, but not sure if I could get close. Would I draw too much attention pulling up in a 1969 Camaro RS/SS 396 convertible? Too bad it’s the wrong colors – red and black. 🙂

• Ridge Runner
      11:02 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Yes, get it painted as rg said. Down here (sec enemy lines)… my vehicle has a Uk license plate where all you can make out is the state of Georgia issuing it. Try to cover all the bases.

• runningunnin.454
      10:57 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Time for a paint job.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

RG, I would prefer blue with white top, but that would hurt the value. (original cars are worth a lot more with the original color/paint)

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

True that. I was driving out in the country one time, and saw a ‘57 Chevy. I stopped, thought I might make an offer.
      The guy came out, and by then I could see there was something terribly wrong with the paint job. I asked the guy who painted it, and he said “I did”. He had painted it with a brush.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

RG, was he one of those guys who refuses to sell it because he “might restore it someday”, so instead he lets it sit there and rot back to Mother Earth?

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

He was one of those guys that paints a classic car with a brush.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

For painting a car (especially a classic one) with a paint brush, you should have gotten one free punch on him, RG.

5. Oh, and I didn’t get to listen to Finebaum yesterday, but Vanetti starts off the show saying UL will beat Bama? Come on man! This is like pro rasslin’. You have to try to make it SOMEWHAT believable. There’s no way in crap he believes that, but I guess it probably got Jim from T’town & Phyllis to call in, so mission accomplished if so.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

They said on KSR that Vanetti claiming that Louisville would beat Bama prompted Linda from Argo to refer to him as, “Tony Bologna, Over-Cooked Macaroni.”

• Ridge Runner
      10:49 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

I have to admit.. funny stuff there by Linda!

6. Ridge Runner
    10:18 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Just thinking..
    Jonesbaum
    FineMatt

Hmmmm, the options are endless…

• Ridge Runner
      10:21 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Ok.. it ended
      🙁

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Today they get Drew, too. Not sure Finebaum listeners are ready for this.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

CG, I see that UK is recruiting a dude named Nico Mannion, who is a ginger. If he signs with the Cats, will that be the first carrot top on the team since your namesake?

• Ridge Runner
      10:59 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Wonder if Cawood came up with the phrase about “The human victory cigar” for Chris? That phrase still resonates with me.

8. J-Dub421
    10:44 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Benny Snell > Damian Harris.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

And anybody that doesn’t believe us…just ask Benny.
      I would like to see what he could do with Bama’s OL…wait, no I wouldn’t.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

My all time famous Clarence – Clarence Clemons. RIP, Big Man.

• Ridge Runner
      10:55 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Remember Clarence Tillman from ‘79 I think? Came from Pennsylvania I believe.

10. J-Dub421
    11:04 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

I remembered Benny getting needlessly tossed in out bowl game last year, but had forgotten about SJ getting the completely bogus un-sportsman-like conduct penalty after he got hit 5 yards out of bounds. Now I’m annoyed all over again. That had to be one of the worst officiated bowl games in history.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

*our, not out. I’m so glad it’s Friday.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:54 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Ugh, can’t chant “Zion’s fat”. Too much like Mrs Coach Marshall.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am July 27, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I’m not down with trying to fat shame an 18 year old (or anyone really). Not a good look.

12. mobdaddy63
    1:05 pm July 27, 2018 Permalink

Great fun today at the show!!