Skip to content

Kentucky Sports Radio

University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

The XFL has a heartbeat


Photo: XFL /Austin MacGinnis

The XFL — or Austin MacGinnis’ public NFL tryout, as we know it — is trying to make a comeback after the entire league disbanded midway through its first ever season due to the coronavirus.

The XFL declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but now there are reports that Vince McMahon is trying to buy his own bankrupt football league behind the scenes to bring it back to life. McMahon owned 80 percent through his Alpha Entertainment and the other 20 percent was owned by the WWE, according to The Athletic.

The internet also tells us the XFL reached out to at least three of its old host sites about their previous agreements before everything fell apart. Houston, Seattle and St. Louis have all heard from the league since the first season ended abruptly, and the rumors are igniting some excitement back into those fan bases that were only a few months old.

I don’t know where Kash Daniel stands with his current NFL dreams, but I can’t think of many people who would benefit more from the return of the XFL. He’s not the only Wildcat that could use the opportunity to continue playing football, and we saw how well it worked out for MacGinnis.





Article written by Drew Franklin

I can recite every line from Forrest Gump, blindfolded. Follow me on Twitter: @DrewFranklinKSR

1 Comment for The XFL has a heartbeat

  1. Not Dan Issel
    5:54 pm May 21, 2020 Permalink

    Inasmuch as I have been a Raiders fan since the drafting of Rodger Bird, I would love for Lynn to have a great career with the Raiders. I think his incredible will to win and strong determination to succeed will serve him well in the nfl. Go Raiders!!!