The whole gang’s in Lexington today (Wednesday Show Thread)

ksr-logo

The gang is all in Lexington today to talk basketball and football and more. I’ll share a little bit about what I know from yesterday’s practice, while Matt and Ryan share what they know about life and anything else that may come up.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

36 Comments for The whole gang’s in Lexington today (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. JoeMoney333
    10:12 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m pro stingray steve. Dude is funny

• CATandMONKEY
      10:32 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Uber fans of any team can be great. Stingray is definitely an over-the-top MSU fan and entertaining. Glad to hear he is a good guy as well.

KSR definitely needs to repost Helmet Guy this week.

2. To say his show wouldn’t be successful if he only talked sports is simply not true. Now, would it be AS successful as it is? Probably not, but I listen to a local sports show where I live that rarely gets into politics, etc., and it’s very successful. All sports shows get off topic at times, but many don’t do it nearly as much as KSR.

Anyway, it’s Matt’s show and he can do what he wants. That’s what a free market economy is all about. I just wish Matt realized that the party he is a part of does NOT believe in the free market. Unfortunately most Washington Republicans have gone way too far left in that regard too.

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I like it when the far out loons of either party are made fun of, and there are plenty of both. I agree that it would be funny for Drew to go to a Hillary rally as well.

Speaking of sports vs politics, I was so disappointed when WHAS dropped the late afternoon Sports Talk segment that ran from 6-8 PM, and replaced it with yet another right wing radio talk show host. I am an Independent, but I am so sick of all the right wing radio hacks bitching and moaning about everything under the sun that I would be fine with them having their people elected to office just so they might shut up for a while. But of course then they would probably find some other reason to continue to bitch about how the other side is ruining America. I truly believe that there are some people who get up every morning looking for SOMETHING to complain about.

And yes, Hillary sucks too – that’s why we might as well vote for the moron running on the Libertarian ticket. I don’t see how he could screw things up any worse than these other clowns.

• I have some disagreements RCF but my “Comment is awaiting moderation”. I think the AD bot got me!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

CG, I know all about the moderation police. No rhyme or reason to it – gets frustrating. I realize you have a different perspective on things than me, and I fully respect that.

3. Helloooooooooooooo????????????

Wow, everyone’s busy at work today I guess!

*I just went to read the comments on the Trump rally/video, and the comments were disabled:

Is there another thread that I missed where that was posted?

4. ukkatzfan
    10:49 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I am tired of our fans who say “We are UK football and we’ll never be winners”. Stoops has plans for UK to be the National Champions. And that is why we need him more than he needs us.

• ukjaybrat
      11:27 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

i’m optimistic. but not delusional. Are we going to win the NC? probably not. But is there any reason we can’t win the East and go represent in Atlanta? absolutely not. we just need to keep bringing in recruits (easy part) and keep them (seems to be the hard part)

5. CWS
    10:54 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

RYAN SOUNDED LIKE THE HELMET GUY IN NASHVILLE WHEN HE SAID MISSISSIPPI

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

That whole weekend with ESPN at Vandy for Gameday was epic, including Helmet Guy. Wish I had been there to be part of the fun.

6. J-Dub421
    11:00 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Scobie began his call with “Now Matt, I’m not blaming you for other people’s calls…” Then immediately proceeded to tell Matt that he bears partial responsibility.

• Realme
      11:04 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Oh shoot. Did I miss another great Scoobie call, where he feels the need to correct Matt for doing what he wants with HIS OWN SHOW?

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

And contradicts himself from one sentence to the next.

7. Chesters Daddy
    11:08 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Lol he needs to put some respect on my name

8. J-Dub421
    11:14 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Matt is pretty much a confirmed bachelor at this point. He clearly has no desire to get married, etc. Which is fine, to each their own.

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

The world probably needs more people to stay single and/or choose to remain childless. I am saying this because of the population explosion on planet earth. If everyone chose to get married and have kids, our problems would be that much worse. As Cal likes to say, it ain’t for everyone.

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

As someone who is married, but not having kids, I agree. Also, it gets supremely annoying having everyone voice their opinion to me about why I should have kids. It happens ALL THE TIME. People are so brainwashed that you grow up, get married, and have kids. It’s practically a cult. I’ve grown to resent the implication that there is something wrong with me because I don’t want to have kids.

• Realme
      11:49 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Same jdub. It’s so offensive for people to act like that topic is even their business, but I get it constantly. About to turn 40 and hoping I’m finally going to be old enough for to be left alone about that. I think unless you really truly want kids you shouldn’t do so. People that just do because that’s what everybody else does mistify me.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:14 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I don’t just wonder about athletes, I wonder about most all of the people I see walking around with huge, elaborate tattoos – arm sleeves, chest, back, etc. What does something like that cost? If you are living in a trailer park, how can you afford to spend a couple grand on body art? Not trying to be mean or look down on people – I honestly don’t know anything about tattoos or the cost of them. Maybe someone here can provide some info. I have to admit that I have seen some tattoos that I think are pretty cool because the talent of the artist is obvious, although it wouldn’t be my thing – I can recognize talent for what it is, no matter the medium.

10. Realme
    11:19 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I am soooo looking forward to having a big who will freaking rebound in Bam. Wish Marcus, Alex and Skal all the best, but I won’t miss their idea of rebounding and toughness.

11. CWS
    11:38 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

MATT YOU LIKE THE BEARS BECAUSE THEY BEAT THE PATRIOTS IN THE SUPER BOWL. YOUR HATE IS BECAUSE THE BEARS HAVEN’T BEATEN THEM SENTS. I’M NOT SAYIN, I’M JUST SAYIN.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Please turn off your caps lock.

• Realme
      11:49 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Seriously, no need to yell at us. ๐Ÿ™‚

• ukjaybrat
      11:49 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

or maybe it has nothing to do with the patriots and everything to do with they’ve only had 6 post season wins since then…

• CWS
      12:25 pm October 19, 2016 Permalink

at work in engineering, everything in caps. i’m pretty fired up!!! lol

12. ukblue22
    11:54 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

“Who ya gonna call?”

Shannon the Dude, Ryan and Jared, that’s who!

13. Realme
    11:55 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I think it’s weird to buy and wear shirts for teams you don’t like.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Same. I have UK gear and that is all, except for some of Roger Federer’s line of Nike stuff. But I love Federer.

14. Memphis UK Cat
    1:01 pm October 19, 2016 Permalink

There are several good tickets left for the Kentucky vs North Carolina in Vegas at regular price. Go to

Vegas will be a blast!