The UK Football Coaches take over KSR (Thursday Show Thread)

It’s NBA Draft Day, but KSR is all football today. Tune in for two hours of football talk as Mark Stoops, Vince Marrow, Eddie Gran, and Freddie Maggard take over KSR. Stoops and Marrow will host hour one, while Gran and our old pal Mr. Maggard will anchor hour two.

Here’s the rest of the guest host schedule:

June 22: Nick Mingione

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

38 Comments for The UK Football Coaches take over KSR (Thursday Show Thread)

1. So no Reid Travis talk today? LOL!
    I forgot the oblong ball coaches are in.

• Realme
      10:30 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Adding Travis is huge. I am going to enjoy the Bahamas games before I even try to lower my expectations for this team.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Reid and PJ will both benefit from going against one another in practice every day.

2. bigbluechesticles
    10:10 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Why would you have football coaches hosting on NBA draft day? They have no clue about players getting drafted. Gonna be a snoozer today. Talk about all the recruits we have now, that will decommit in a few weeks

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Do you really think there’s anything left to discuss about the NBA Draft? That dead horse has already been beaten enough.

• Realme
      10:31 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

That’s what I was thinking too, Jdub.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

It’s understandable that a turd bird fan would need more analysis on the NBA draft to understand it.

• damage_control
      12:30 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Agreed- It’s strange scheduling. Not to mention baseball coach on tomorrow so no Reid Travis talk or post-draft talk until maybe Monday with Bilas.

3. Realme
    10:15 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Couldn’t get people cleared out of my cubicle in time for the show. Has the topic of the drug dealer former player come up? If it doesn’t, that’s lame. Glad to have this group doing the show today, though.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

So will Stoops address the dead elephant in the room? – The drug arrest of a UK football player – my guess is probably not.

• Realme
      10:20 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Great minds, RCF.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

I’m guessing he won’t have any comment while an investigation may be ongoing.

• Realme
      10:35 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think pretending nothing’s wrong is the way to go about it.

• Realme
      10:36 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Good job, Ryan. He wasn’t too chicken to bring it up.

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Work interfered with me hearing that, Realme. What was said?

• Realme
      10:43 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Ryan asked about Walker and followed up about other teams using it for negative recruiting. Stoops didn’t say a lot, but better than nothing. He said it really bothers him, but he wants people to know that there are a lot of really good things going on with the majority of the players. And if other teams think they’re perfect and can throw stones, then oh well, we just worry about ourselves.

• Realme
      10:59 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

There’s a post with his exact words already.

5. bigbluechesticles
    10:48 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Do not operate heavy machinery while listening to today’s show. How about we talk about a team that has a chance of actually winning that signed a huge transfer that will make us a preseason number one? There’s more to talk about with the draft than our football team. 5-6 wins, lose in a bowl game, lose to Florida, lose to University 6, and terrible play calling throughout the year. There’s your season summary right there.

• Realme
      10:50 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

You should be a motivational speaker. So pleasant and uplifting.

• Booby Petrino
      10:52 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

aren’t you just a bundle of joy. Perhaps you should get those chesticles checked out, maybe the hormones are affecting your mood.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

We let a couple of games slip away last year; it won’t happen; but, I would like to hear Coach Gran defend the philosophy of trying to coast in the 4th quarter with a 7-10 point lead.
      Not trying to be hyper critical; but, I think a legitimate question.

• Realme
      11:07 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Very legitimate question, RG. Note the difference in tone, bbc.

• ClutchCargo
      11:09 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

I am willing to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, in that they may have been trying to nurse SJ along. This will require quite a bit of suspension of disbelief, but I want to see how it goes with multiple, physically able QB’s ready to play. Playing not to lose will not be acceptable going forward.

• drew_123
      11:26 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

We were limited offensively. As much as we all love SJ, they did have to hide many of his deficiencies with the offense. I don’t they really had a choice but to play conservative and wait for another big play.

• BluKudzu
      11:16 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

I am excited for the beggining of the football season.
      This year, as far as I can tell, will be the put up or shut up season for Stoops and Mitch.
      I am hoping for the best. We need to bust through the 7 win plateau this year to show the program is legit and getting better.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know that it was really “deficiencies” with SJ as much as it was him being held together with duct tape and a prayer.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

We need to get the ball to Conrad and Bowden to loosen up the box for Benny. There should be some wrinkles we can throw at the defense and move the ball.
      We just don’t have the OL to play Bama ball and protect a lead.

6. runningunnin.454
    11:16 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Kavosiey…sounds like a decent brand of cognac; what am I thinking, little early for that?

7. J-Dub421
    11:30 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Benny Snell does not get the national respect he deserves. His numbers are as good or better than anyone’s.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Absolutely, he doesn’t get the holes Damien Harris gets…I could get 5yds/carry at Bama…ha haha.

• damage_control
      12:36 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Don’t you dare question the holes Benny penetrates!

• My Dixie Wrecked
      6:06 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Wait. What? He was 23rd in rushing yards and 82nd in YPC, last year. Congrats, Benny! There’s a whole lot of RBs better than you.

8. bigbluechesticles
    11:35 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Benny won’t make it through the season. We get up 3 points in the first quarter and Gran will start running it up the middle every single play. Hope he expanded the playbook to more than the 5 plays he ran last year.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:48 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Back to round ball, I’m still pumped that we got our man yesterday.
    I absolutely refuse to buffer my expectations for next year; going to be fun.

• ClutchCargo
      12:38 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Same here. This is shaping up to be one of the most special seasons that I have been around to see.