The Tennessee Titans’ Thursday Morning Wakeup

I probably shouldn’t admit this publicly, but here it goes — I’m a huge Tennessee Titans fan. There. I said it.

I’m a big Titans guy and I am fired up for this season when I really shouldn’t be. I’ve got a new Wesley Woodyard jersey, I coughed up the $200 for NFL League Pass so I can watch the first two games before I quit caring, and I’m throwing a party at my house on Sunday that currently has zero guests other than me expected to attend. (More buffalo chicken dip and jalapeno poppers for me!)

But I don’t care because I’m ready for Titans football, maybe more this year than ever before in the post-McNair era. (Rest in Peace, Steve.) And yes, I know they’re going to be really bad and miss the playoffs and break my heart and probably win like five games if they’re lucky, but I haven’t been this excited for something in a long time. Mariota! Murray! Walker! Williamson! Woodyard! Henry!

So I ask you, KSR Nation, if there are any other Titans fans out there, please show your face. Be my friend, because I don’t think there are many of us out there and Lord knows we need each other.

And before someone makes the comment, I’ll go ahead and say it first: For a guy who loves football more than basketball, there’s nothing worse than being a Kentucky/Titans fan. It’s the life I chose.

Now let’s talk UK stuff…

Mark Stoops to speak today.

We’ll get one more update from the football program before the team packs up its equipment and heads to Gainesville for Saturday’s game. Coach Stoops will speak to the media after today’s practice Thursday evening to review the week and likely give us an injury update on Blake McClain, who Kentucky desperately needs back at safety.

I’ve now watched the Southern Miss game four times.

I don’t know why I punish myself, but I have now seen the Southern Miss game three more times than anyone should. The first 29 and a half minutes were so much fun; the last 30 and a half were not.

Denzil Ware called a players only meeting after the loss.

Courtney Love told reporters Denzil Ware called a players only meeting after the Southern Miss loss to let everyone know they are better than how they played in the opener.

To recap, it’s been one game and they’re already calling players only meetings.

Mark Stoops said they will use more guys on the defensive line.

He named Naquez Pringle, T.J. Carter, Tymere Dubose and DeNiro Laster as four guys who will see an increased role against Florida. “We played our starters too much,” Stoops said of the rotation in the first game. They will now try out the depth in the front seven to keep from overworking the starters again.

There are four Wildcats leading the SEC.

Jordan Jones: 19 tackles (leads nation)
JD Harmon: 2 interceptions
Drew Barker:  323 yds, 222.2 QBR
Garrett Johnson: 143 rec yds

How about that new podcast intro?

I must say, I’m pretty impressed by the new KSR Football Podcast intro that Nick made, considering Nick rarely remembers to bring the equipment, and when he does, he forgets to turn his own mic on. My man is really taking this podcasting gig seriously now that the season is rolling.

You can hear the new pre-Florida episode here.

Tim Tebow signed with the Mets.

The New York Mets have signed Tim Tebow to a minor league deal, the entire reports today. It’s Tebow’s second time with a New York team — he was the backup QB for the New York Jets in 2012.

Try to keep it in your pants today, ESPN.

Tiger Woods to return in October.

He plans to play in the Safeway Open on October 13-16.

HE’S COMING BACK!!!!

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for The Tennessee Titans’ Thursday Morning Wakeup

1. runningunnin.454
    9:35 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

I watched the Southern Miss game one time….how much bourbon did it take to watch it four times?
    And, a word of advice…..PACKERS.

2. WildcatCPA23
    9:39 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

No worries Drew – I love the Titans as well. First time I cried about a sports game was the ’99 Super Bowl. I don’t think they’ll be good this year but they have a lot of good young pieces and have our own and the Rams’ 1st round pick next year. For the first time in probably a decade, I actually like our team going forward over the Colts!

• Catsby80
      10:14 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

You need to be worried about the Jags, too. They’re going to be very very good in the next couple of years.

• WildcatCPA23
      10:37 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

I agree Catsby80 – hate it that in a time where the Titans may start turning the corner (I hope), the Jags are also looking like they’ll be good too. Makes it even harder.

3. Bobbum Man
    9:53 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

Well atleast you guys got Derrick Henry, that guy is gonna be a beast in the NFL. Too bad you gave away Dorial green-Beckham, thought he had some potential

4. Ohio Cat
    10:23 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

Come on.. WHO-DEY

5. Flyrock
    10:56 am September 8, 2016 Permalink

Encouraging to know coaching staff can make mid-week second half adjustments regarding the defensive line being dead tired. Discouraging they could not have asked fans in the stands, tv commentators, cheerleaders, or me screaming at my television set for counsel while the game was still in contention.

6. Titans16
    12:12 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

Former Rams fan, chose the Titans as my new team because I like the program and because Goff flopping would be a double bird to the team that betrayed my city, and the Titans would benefit.

Also, Nashville knows how to have fun.

7. jaws2
    12:39 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

Drew, Tiger Woods is a mere shadow of himself. He’s now just another player on the tour. The golf media and the tour will play him up as long as they can use him for ratings.

8. Basteballer
    3:34 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

I’m a UK b’ball fan and a Titans football fan. I lived in Nashville and helped get out the vote to bring them from Houston. I didn’t make it to Memphis to see them, but I watched their first exhibition game with Washington at Vanderbilt Stadium.

9. dano
    4:55 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

I get that the D did not perform well in the 2nd half. OK they sucked. But would they have been on the field as long if the O could move the ball? Half theblame goes on the O, and I don’t want to hear about tired when hey came out of the locker room to start Q3.

10. originalCatFanForLife
    6:23 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

Drew-Consider me a fellow Titans fan/UK fan as well. Love the Titans since they relocated to Nashville. The Titans as an organization actually recognize that they have fans in Western Kentucky and the area is treated to the Titans Caravan. Growing up in Paducah I was a St. Louis Cardinals (football) fan as well as a (lifelong) St. Louis Cardinals Baseball fan. Admittedly that was confusing…which STL Cardinals team are you talking about??? So when Bill Bidwell pulled up stakes and moved to Arizona I really lost interest in the NFL. Then we got lucky enough when the Titans first moved to Memphis with their eventual destination bound for Nashville. My wife actually got us tickets for one of the first Titans game in Nashville when they played at Vandy before Adelphia/LP/Nissan Stadium was built. Hopeful for the future and you might actually see a surprise or two this year. The offensive is showing signs of being explosive. I think the next few years should be exciting with an improving Titans team. The New GM is making the needed changes.

11. originalCatFanForLife
    6:26 pm September 8, 2016 Permalink

And ask Tyler, since she is a recent convert, but there is plenty of room on the Predators bandwagon for you too…That is going to be the hottest ticket in town this coming NHL season.