Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Matt is back from Vegas, so the Summer Tour is back on. Today, he and Ryan start the Eastern Kentucky leg of the tour at Pine Mountain Grill in Whitesburg (45 US-119). Come on out to hear stories from Matt’s trip, a recap of a big weekend in football recruiting, the annual rundown of “Speak Your Piece” from The Mountain Eagle, and, of course, to register for the chance to win tickets from our partners at GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops.

July 20: Whitesburg — Pine Mountain Grill
July 21: Manchester — Clay County Middle School
July 22: Somerset — Sleep Outfitters
July 23: Harlan — Core Fitness
July 24: Fort Wright — Dickmann’s Sports Bar

July 27: Campbellsville — Mr. Gatti’s
July 28: Owensboro — Don Moore GM Center
July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings and IMAC Regeneration of Paducah
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

11 Comments for The Summer Tour is back on at Pine Mountain Grill in Whitesburg (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:45 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

I’ve been waiting for this show for a long time!! Should be great.

Tyler, how did you like your plate? Hoping it made it through the mail okay!

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      9:51 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

It’s awesome! I love it. Will post a pic once I get it up on the wall. Thanks again!

• UK_JB
      9:57 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

Awesome! Good deal. I hope you can hang it better than Uncle Matt would… I’ve heard that he isn’t the best with hanging pictures haha.

2. huck
    10:20 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

Whitesburg, brings back lots of good memories and thoughts of good people. I worked Bell, Harlan and Letcher counties for a dozen years or so, and spent a year or two there. LOL, the only place I could find to stay then was the country club/ golf course, I understand, is gone now. It played up, around and then down a mountain. There was one hole when you cleared a certain spot, you rang a dinner bell, so the people behind could hit their next shot.

Hello Whitesburg and Jenkins. Don’t give that “Kentucky, Bell county” city boy too hard a time. Love the site Matt, not too impressed with your KY boy skills.

3. World Wide Rick
    10:34 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

As long as my BBNMeetup.com profile stays secure, thats all I care about.

4. Laker Cat 18
    10:57 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

Yelling into the KSR comment section cave…Hello! (Hello, hello, hello….)

It’s quiet in here today.

5. Rabbit
    11:23 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

Play some of Letcher County’s own….the King of Honky Tonk Music, Gary Stewart!!

6. Cats paw
    11:25 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

Lmao! Last year Matt GAURANTEED (on no less than 3 occasions) that UK would OWN both Tenn and Loiusville in football from this point forward! Now that we are here… He just don’t see where those two other wins are coming from to make it to a bowl game.

7. J-Dub421
    11:26 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

I think U of L fans are in for a rude awakening in football this season. They’ve been good for the last few years, but they had a pretty favorable schedule last season, and just lost basically all of their good players to the NFL. I think they will make a huge drop this season.

8. huck
    11:32 am July 20, 2015 Permalink

Matt, why are you so concerned with what someone wears, its girly. Why are you so concerned with jerseys and where did you gain your knowledge on what is appropriate to wear.

9. Daniel
    12:11 pm July 20, 2015 Permalink

Haters gonna Hate, Hate, Hate! Keep doin you Matt! I mean you didn’t get to be this successful by being like Flippy McLosersburg!