KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated for episode seven of the Sources Say Podcast.
This week, Graf and Sisk call into the show to answer questions on the California Fair Pay to Play Act and John Calipari’s comments on the matter at Kentucky Basketball Media Day.
A few talking points:
- Other states are following California with their own versions of the Fair Pay to Play Act. How will this affect Kentucky basketball recruiting?
- John Calipari spoke publicly on the situation for the first time at UK Media Day. What does he think?
- Calipari brought up all of the max contracts his former Kentucky players have received in the NBA. Is this a direct recruiting pitch to Cade Cunningham?
Then, Pilgrim, Graf, and Sisk discuss the latest with some of Kentucky’s other top recruiting targets.
Among the topics:
- Isaiah Jackson cuts his list to three. Will Kentucky be the choice?
- Devin Askew officially visits Kentucky this weekend. How long until we hear of an announcement date?
- Scottie Barnes taking an official visit to Lexington? Huh?
- JJ Traynor took an unofficial to UK on Wednesday. Did he receive an offer?
- 2021 five-star center Moussa Cisse holds a Kentucky offer. Will Calipari be able to pull him out of Memphis?
After talking with Graf and Sisk on the phone, Pilgrim opens up the mailbag and answers a few fan questions before signing off.
- Where is Jonathan Kuminga leaning?
- Do you recruit both Askew and Cunningham?
- What other in-state targets do we need to know about?
- Has Isaiah Todd cooled on Kentucky?
- What happened with Josh Christopher?
You can subscribe to the official Sources Say Podcast feed to get the show sent directly to your phone weekly on iTunes right here. Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.