KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers.com and Travis Graf of Cats Illustrated for episode six of the Sources Say Podcast.
This week, the trio of recruiting insiders start the show by breaking down the upcoming commitment of 2021 five-star guard Devin Askew.
A few talking points:
- Askew sets an official visit to Kentucky. Is there any significant to the timing?
- A decision is expected in October, but to where? Will Kentucky or Louisville pull off the recruiting win?
- Will Askew reclassify to the class of 2020?
- Why other elite prospects will want to suit up with the Santa Ana, CA native, no matter where he goes to school
Then, Pilgrim, Weingarten, and Graf discuss the latest with 2021 No. 1 prospect Jonathan Kuminga.
Among the topics:
- Is the Duke buzz legitimate?
- Why did Kentucky make a second trip to see Kuminga in just over a week? Does John Calipari feel confident?
- Why Kuminga is more likely to join a “super team” in college than be the star of the show
- Will the No. 1 prospect in the nation reclassify to 2020?
After breaking down Askew and Kuminga, the Sources Say crew dives into the North Carolina’s recruiting class and how it may impact Kentucky.
- Does Walker Kessler’s commitment to UNC help Kentucky’s chances with Isaiah Todd and Greg Brown?
- Caleb Love is expected to choose the Tar Heels next week. What does that mean for Cade Cunningham?
To close the show, they discuss Kentucky’s visit to see 2021 top-three prospect Patrick Baldwin Jr., the latest with 2020 five-star guard Karim Mane, and why Bardstown’s own JJ Traynor could be the next player to earn an offer.