KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Travis Graf and David Sisk of Cats Illustrated for episode twenty of the Sources Say Podcast. This week, the trio of recruiting insiders start the show by breaking down Kentucky’s blowout victory over Fairleigh Dickinson and the improved play from EJ Montgomery.
Among the topics:
- First thing’s first: Fairleigh Dickinson was not good
- EJ Montgomery has back-to-back standout performances. Can he keep it going?
- Nick Richards’ growth is legitimate
- Growth from Keion Brooks Jr. is evident
- Injury updates on Nate Sestina and Dontaie Allen
Then, the Sources Say crew discuss 7-foot-2 international star Kai Sotto and his unofficial visit to Kentucky.
A few talking points:
- Sotto’s visit was highly publicized for more reason than one
- What do we think of the hype? Is he more like Tai Wynyard or Kristaps Porzingis?
- Could he actually grow to 7-foot-6?
- What are the red flags regarding his recruitment/eligibility?
- Scouting reports from those close to Sotto and those who have watched him
They close the show by breaking down the inside scoop on N’Faly Dante’s eligibility issue at Oregon and how it almost landed him in Lexington.
A few topics of discussion:
- How close was Dante to transferring to Kentucky?
- Dante needed one score, and he got it
- How Kentucky monitored the situation from afar
- What could have been…
You can subscribe to the official Sources Say Podcast feed to get the show sent directly to your phone weekly on iTunes right here. Not on iTunes listener? You can also subscribe to the show on Spotify.