The Sklar Brothers Return to KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

Have you laughed yet today?  If you need a good chuckle, today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio is the perfect remedy.  Randy and Jason Sklar are back for another year of puns, Conway Twitty tongue-tying and maybe a little sports.  The Sklar Brothers always bring the heat, and today will be no exception.

Here’s the guest schedule for the next two weeks:

June 20: Matthew Mitchell

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

25 Comments for The Sklar Brothers Return to KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:03 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

What’s the over under on how many minutes in they start with the Conway Twitty stuff?

• runningunnin.454
      10:07 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Don’t know what that’s about, can’t listen; but, a bit of trivia…Twitty started out as a rock n roller like Elvis. Had a couple of decent hits in the ’50’s, but switched to country later.

• Realme
      10:10 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Too late to get your bets in. It already happened. RG, it’s just me pointing out that the Sklars need some new material for their annual ksr show.

• Yeah, I think “It’s Only Make Believe” was actually a rock song.

BTW, no post on Enes Kanter’s dad being indicted? I saw that this morning. I think it said he’s not in Turkey but the gov’t there has indicated him. The article didn’t say where he is.

• Well, like I said the other day, I don’t find them all that funny. Bring in Gallagher and let him smash some produce! Nah, that won’t work on radio I guess.

• Realme
      10:17 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Now that you’ve brought it up, I’m sure they’ll do a story on Enes’s dad, Chris.

• Oops! Never mind. I see they posted the Kanter thing last night. I didn’t have a chance to scan the site much until now.

• Realme
      10:17 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Bluh. I don’t think I’ll make it through the first hour.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

But what’s their schtick with Twitty? He’s been dead for 20 years.

• Realme
      10:22 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Oh geez, not just indicted, but sentenced to 15 years in prison. Wow. Can you imagine being Enes and not being able to do anything?

RG, one time, several years ago, Matt went on their show and told them how gross CT lyrics are. Ever since, they do the same KSR show with the same write your own CT song title jokes every year.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

I saw where Enes has declared himself “country-less” and is open for adoption. I am going to take on a humanitarian role and offer to adopt this fine young man. My home is open to him – especially if he is in a generous mood and would like to use that NBA salary to help me pay my mortgage off and maybe put my kids through college. 🙂

2. Realme
    10:24 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

I give up. Someone let me know if I miss an epic Chester call, or anything.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Well, we have a Harold call, so not all bad. 🙂

3. ClutchCargo
    10:27 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

I think I would just stay the hell out of Turkey if I was a Kanter, but that’s just me. Or maybe they are and they are just subject to being thrown in prison if they are caught in Turkey. Can’t listen today.

• Realme
      10:30 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Enes will for sure, but I don’t know if they actually have his dad or not.

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Not just Turkey; but anyplace that will extradite to Turkey…Enes should just stay here.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

I see now that, according to ESPN, Enes’ father is not currently in Turkey, but whereabouts unknown.

4. BlueSteel
    10:36 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

I actually find the Sklar Brothers pretty funny… sarcasm, snide comments, puns and the melding of sports and real life!! However, I guess they’re not for everyone.

5. chrisnoleinky
    10:42 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

Haha Dennis Rodman bit was great

6. TomTraubertsBlues
    10:45 am June 19, 2018 Permalink

I usually hate the fake celebrity callers, but Fake Dennis Rodman was great.