The Sklar Brothers are back (Thursday Show Thread)

This morning, the Sklar Brothers are making their triumphant return to KSR to fill in for Matt. Get your Conway Twitty jokes ready and tune in to hear what the Sklars have been up to lately. This should be a fun one.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

29 Comments for The Sklar Brothers are back (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    9:57 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I don’t love Sklar day, but I won’t complain. At least these guys don’t come in with a plan to try and get listeners riled up in order to get attention.

2. Realme
    10:01 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Hypothetical scenario for you.

A certain boss schedules a training session for half your office and forgets to tell anyone about it until the day of. Hypothetical boss should 1) Say, “Oops, sorry I forgot to let you know this was happening today.” or 2) Act like it’s completely normal thing to do, and imply that it’s someone else’s fault anyway.

• runningunnin.454
      10:08 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

In the American colonies, tarring and feathering was quite effective.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Definitely not normal or someone else’s fault. Boss could reschedule, or at the very least apologize for the screw up.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like a “seagull manager”. They swoop in, flap around and make a lot of noise and a big mess, and then fly off.

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Lol, I haven’t heard “seagull manager” before, but I like it. Also, I’ve known a few of them.

• runningunnin.454
      11:54 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Ha Ha Ha…I think we all have seen those.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:10 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Indiana, Ohio State, North Carolina and today..Michigan fans; when will the madness end?

• Realme
      10:12 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Well Michigan is not so hateable as the others.

• ukjaybrat
      10:16 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

im also a michigan fan. and i don’t even like these guys all that much. i prefer the satrcastic tones that everyoen else seems to hate. i have absolutely NOTHING against these guys, but their voices just put me to sleep. i get it. it’s their thing, but just not for me.

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I’m a Tiger fan, and one of my favorites from the old days was catcher Bill Freehan; he played football on the DL for Michigan. Anybody that tried to run him over at the plate payed dearly.

4. katfan33
    10:12 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

These dude are great!!

5. Realme
    10:23 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Well, I hypothetically have to go. Talk to y’all next week.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I’d tell you to enjoy your training, but that probably won’t happen.

6. J-Dub421
    10:39 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Lol! Okay, the concept of an ESPN Body issue with senior PGA players is pretty funny.

7. J-Dub421
    10:53 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I’ll be stoked if Venus wins Wimbledon. She’s had a lot of health issues and has had a rough go of it for a while. Venus is a great player and it’s nice to see her get back to form.

8. J-Dub421
    11:14 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I want to slap this geezer. The only reason Cousins leads the NBA in fouls is because people treat him like a villain. He has a reputation and never gets the benefit of the doubt, and people constantly try to provoke a reaction from him. It’s BS.

• runningunnin.454
      11:23 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Does Aaron Harrison have any football eligibility? Helluva tackle the other night against, I think, the Celtics….course he got the flagrant one. Ha Ha.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I missed that. I’ll have to look for video. 🙂

I’m sick of the narrative the Cousins is an “immature loose cannon.” He’s not.

• ky196
      11:27 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Just like Pacman and Vontaze Burfict! Once you get that reputation it gets exploited.

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Except Pacman and Burfict both get in trouble off the field, Cousins doesn’t.

• ClutchCargo
      11:56 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I could maybe see a Cuz to Burfict comparison. But Pacman is a straight punk off the field and is lucky to even be employed as a football player. And I’m a Bengals fan.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:28 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

Who is on the phone with them, Gomer Pyle?

10. In case y’all didn’t notice, there were a LOT more comments here yesterday. $o, mi$$ion accompli$hed by K$R I gue$$, especially when every click starts not 1, but 2, stupid pop up video ad$. Just like last year when the PMT guys generated lots of listeners, we knew they would be back this year.

Why does Matt want video ads that stop the live stream when I’m on my iPad? It’s not as bad when I’m on the PC because I use an ad blocker. I guess I’ll have to try one for ios.

• Next year every guest host will berequired to be a fan of either UNC, Duke, IU, UL, UCLA, or KU, and most of all will be told to run as much smack as possible at UK. 😜

• runningunnin.454
      11:57 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

At least there was a caller yesterday that nailed the NC guy…”Luke Maye will excel in the Croation League”. Good one.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am July 13, 2017 Permalink

I’m laughing at the Sklars’ shade throwing at OSU.

There have been a few hosts who clearly came in with an agenda of “I know nothing about UK sports except a few stupid cliches, time to be obnoxious and piss off the fan base.” Just straight trolling, and nothing innovative, new, or interesting.

11. henderblue
    12:03 pm July 13, 2017 Permalink

Loved the Sklar brothers. They should be on once a week. Much better than yesterday.