The Petrino presser is happening

The front page of Louisville’s athletic site. Seriously.

The front page of Louisville's athletic site.  Seriously.

The front page of Louisville’s athletic site. Seriously.

Bobby Petrino is about to be introduced as the head coach of the Louisville Cardinals (again), and if you’re interested, tune into the radio show to hear Matt and Drew’s running commentary over a live stream.  Or, if you’d like to see Bobby’s rosy cheeks on your computer screen, WHAS has a stream rolling for you.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss the madness and make the oh-so-easy Petrino jokes.

60 Comments for The Petrino presser is happening

1. Scott Wayne
    10:29 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

During the press conference, is Jurich going to also announce Jerry Sandusky as defensive coordinator?

• Big Rock Hudson
      11:19 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

I applied for the player liaison position.

• Dan Shaw
      12:21 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Louisville resident…long time Louisville hater….BUT…guess am going to have to become a UofL
      football fan to experience the pleasure of winning. Will have to continue as a Rick hater but I love
      football and Lexington is never going to be a satisfying three hour Saturday investment in my time.

2. 3 dollar bill
    10:29 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

To heck with listening to Drew Franklin’s queer voice, I’m gonna listen to this hot mess of a press conference.

3. Courtney
    10:32 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

“As a dog returns to his vomit, so fools repeat their folly” Proverbs 26:11 #L1C4

• Nadia
      10:47 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

As a Louisville fan and many more feel that way. A dog will eat his own vomit. Yes we do forgive and ought too, but Petrino should not been offered this head coaching position.

4. John
    10:33 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Breaking news: Tommy Turtleneck will also announce his new Defensive Coor. Who was just released from the Pa. State prison – Jerry Sandusky ! Says he’ll fit right in at UL. John

• Dustin
      10:47 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

There’s a lot of stuff to joke about, but trying to equate or compare this situation to Jerry Sandusky is deplorable. There’s nothing funny about that.

5. 1987
    10:38 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

So what’s going on with this Jerry Sandusky stuff? Isn’t he in prison for doing unspeakable acts to children? Or am I confused???

• JayOne
      10:42 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

And that is why he would be a perfect fit at UL

• UK forever but..
      10:52 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Yea I sort of draw the line about joking about that kind of stuff… U of L sucks beyond belief and I hope they never win another game at any sport.. However as a father of 4 kids under 13…. I can’t joke about
      The whole Penn State situation or that man..

• Sonny
      1:02 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

I guess when your caught riding around with teen girls and your 50 years old you get that kind of attention. His wife may look the other way, we know UL will and hire ANYONE for a win. LOL

Sandusky was on their list, but did not make the interview do to imprisonment. Maybe next hire he’ll be out in time…

1. Honesty
      2. Treat women with respect
      3. No drugs
      4. No stealing
      5. No guns

Anyone have an eraser?

• Dustin
      10:55 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

This Jerry Sandusky talk is classless. Calling someone classless in a thread about Bobby Petrino is ironic, I know. Bobby Petrino deserved to lose his job at Arkansas for his abuse of power and deserved to lose his wife (even though they’re still together) for his abuse of her trust and love. All of that however doesn’t compare to what Sandusky did and what he deserves. Sexual abuse isn’t funny, period.

6. McOnions
    10:41 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

The McOnions clan put this post together
    What do you guys think?

7. cardfan
    10:41 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

1 and 4: there’s a difference, Petrino broke no laws.

and first items on KSR webpage, all UL. Love this site.

*yes I am aware that I am a UL fan on a UK website, yes I am also aware that Matt Jones makes money when I visit the site, no that doesn’t make me look stupid.

• Red Headed Stepchild
      10:50 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

In most states, adultery is actually a crime. Some states actually prosecute adultery, that’s why some religions only exist in states that do not have a law on the books. Just sayin’

• cardfan, in my mind there is still a question about whether BP may have done something illegal at Arkansas. Remember he was a state employee and he hired someone who (as far as I remember) was not qualified for the job for, shall we say, “personal” reasons.

I believe a sharp attorney or EEOC employee (or the equivalent at the state level) specializing in employment law could find something there, at least in the sexual harassment area. I took employment law in grad school, and he could have gotten the university in a lot of trouble if his mistress had filed a harassment lawsuit.

• Big Rock Hudson
      11:21 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

CG – I may need some advice from you regarding the definition of harassment. And mistress.

• UofLol
      11:30 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

We realize there’s a difference in a child molester and your everyday cheater. The point of the joke is that UofL has no morals and will hire anyone to get a W. You can’t argue that. Please try though, it should be hilarious.

• JayOne
      11:59 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

you do not have to break a law to be immoral. Morality goes much deeper than some man made law. UL and UL fans do not understand this so it really isn’t worth trying to argue or explain it to them. They have climbed back in bed with fleas and I see a lot of scratching ahead.

8. Cat89
    10:45 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

If I gave a crap about what is going on in the world of U of L sports I would subscribe or visit their sites and blogs. Why does KSR have such a hard on for all things Louisville? Makes no sense.

9. bob wiley
    10:47 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

I hope Petrino comes out to “Kick start my heart” by Motley crue

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Nope, it should be their other song, “Girls Girls Girls”.

10. Buuba
    10:49 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

There are a lot of people in that little room.

11. Buuba
    10:51 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

They just said starting in 1 minute.

12. Jason
    10:57 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

When can I buy my “If you can read this the Volleyball Player fell off” t-shirt?

• BBN Dave Grohl
      10:57 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Perfect lol

• Brian
      10:58 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

That’s great.

13. Brian
    10:57 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Man I can’t believe he forced that chick on his motorcycle to get an abortion.

Wait, I’m might be mixing up the scandals involving UL coaches. Who did what again?

14. Kevin C.
    11:07 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

To paraphrase Commish Gordon from ‘The Dark Knight’, UofL hired Petrino because he’s the head coach Louisville deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

15. Paul
    11:07 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

It would’ve been awesome if he did the press conference in a neckbrace lol

16. Nadia
    11:16 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Watched the intro of Petrino and lying Jurich press conference. Like ESPN analyst said, “Petrino is still lying”. No coach could get rehire what Petrino or Pitino did to a public university and got away with it! This will come back to bite and Louisville deserves all the hell coming their way. Bring back Chane Behanan, liars!

17. Believe him!
    11:19 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Bobby sounds so changed! Even his wife endorses him! He is excited to have Clint Hurtt as part of his staff too…UK may never beat UL

• UofLol
      11:28 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

We’ll beat them. Esp when they lose their players due to academic eligibility issues, but even before those issues come up in 2-3 years we’ll still beat them with Stoops’ Troops. Bobby can’t recruit. He can coach and cheat.

• Recruiting
      12:22 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Bobby can’t but Clint can…that’s the problem. Academic eligibility on the other hand is not Bobby’s concern…lol

18. dukehater
    11:21 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

L1C4 has a new meaning. Lasciviousness first, Classless forever

• Bazinga
      11:24 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Easy there. Are you expecting most UK fans to read, pronounce, or spell the word “Lasciviousness”?

• dukehater
      11:37 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Unfortunately for UofL fans (and its coaches), its all to common in their lexicon. Since the post is really meant for them I am not worried about it. Here’s something you will understand: Piss Off!

• rgiii
      1:32 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Wow, dukehater, having a bad day? I’m not so sure bazinga was ragging on you. Take a breath.

19. thats budda
    11:21 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

U of L where one coach screws a sleaze in a restraunt, gets her knocked up in15 seconds or less (Must a been a fast food, I mean fast conception place), has some one else drive her 100 miles north to get her twat vacuumed out and then rehires someone who crapped on their program and players, had an affair with a coed at the school he was coaching at, made a job up for her to keep her around, wrecked a motorcycle with her on it, and then lied to his boss and the whole administration about all of it while leaving a trail of sleaze behind him. Sounds qualified to me to have him lead that fine example of an institution of higher learning’s football program. Hey Tom, do they wear turtlenecks in hell? Don’t know? Don’t worry, you’ll find out

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

I heard there was no motorcycle wreck – her fiance wrung Bobby’s neck real good and drug his face across the carpet.

• Sonny
      1:11 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

When the young girls Daddy found out ,he beat the hell out of BP for messing around with her.

20. barn
    11:28 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

hahaha I love this country

21. Mark
    11:39 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

PURE SLIME. Bobby Petrino, The University of Louisville, and Tom Jurich. ALL PURE SLIME. Sorry, but I have to go. I feel like I need a shower.

• Big Rock Hudson
      11:47 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Can I join you?

22. Dr. Funke
    11:41 am January 9, 2014 Permalink

Still waiting on all the media reports that are supposed to be coming out blasting Louisville for making this hire. Every report ive read or watched from the national media has been praising UL and Tom Juirch for making a great hire.

23. Federal Communications Commission
    12:07 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

U of L TV network, er I mean Channels 3, 11 and 32 and WHAS radio have just been put on notice that, despite allowing them to broadcast the graphic details of Ricky 3-pump’s 15 second sex act, we will not allow public JO session’s like this to be broadcast.

24. RealCatsFan
    12:18 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

A fitting parable for Tommy the Turtle and Bobby the Snake:

Mr. Snake approaches Mr. Turtle on a river bank and asks Mr. Turtle for a ride across the water since he can’t swim the river himself. Mr. Turtle politely refuses to oblige, reasoning that if he were to give Mr. Snake a ride across the river, he would surely be bitten. Mr. Snake protests saying that it would be foolish for him to bite the one carrying him, since it would result in him perishing also. Mr. Turtle considers the argument, then agrees to ferry Mr. Snake over the broad river. When they are half-way across the river Mr. Turtle feels a sharp pain and realizes he has been bitten by Mr. Snake. As the venom is beginning to take effect, Mr. Turtle sadly and resolutely asks Mr. Snake why he bit him, since the biting will also result in Mr. Snake’s demise. A wry smile came upon Mr. Snake’s face. “I bit you because I am a snake Mr. Turtle; that is my nature, and you knew that.”

25. TheBeatingsWillContinue
    12:20 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

“DOH! We cu’da had Bobby !!”

26. Rixter
    12:38 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

People who are convinced that BP is a changed man are forgetting that just YESTERDAY, he walked away from a 5 year contract he signed less than a year ago!

27. UK has a football team?
    1:09 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

All I’ve heard for the past few days is this talk about Louisville having no morals for the hiring of BP. Mostly coming from you pessimistic haters, who I like to call “hashtag” BBN. Unfortunately, “hashtag” BBN’s moral compass is just as, if not more, f*cked than ours. Remember people, Calipari has had banners taken down, and his assistant has had FOUR DUI’s! Which means this guy, whom Calipari and the rest of “hashtag” BBN trusts, has put people’s lives in danger four separate times, and those are the only times he was caught. So enough about the moral talk. It’s just easy for you people to hate on a successful team who drags your sorry asses across the field year in and year out! But I’m sure BP’s mistakes were a lot worse than anyone’s from UK because…well…that will just be “yall’s” sorry ass excuse when you get those asses spanked by Bobby P again, and again, and again, and again, and again….Peace, Love, and L1C4!

• Jkwoftw
      2:45 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Marcus Camby hiring an agent has nothing to do with Cal. It provides zero benefit to Cal and huge risk. The Rose/SAT thing likely had nothing to do with Cal, but assume for a second it did. Cheating on your wife is worse than cheating in a game, period, so he’s still better off than both UL coaches. Yes Rod has DUIs, and he’s been demoted. Pitino got (effectively) a lifetime contract with a raise after his scandal, and Bobby got hired a year after his.

• UK has a football team?
      7:37 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

He was “demoted” from assistant to “special assistant.” Lmao c’mon man! I bet World Wide Wes had a say in that as well lol.

28. Bobby Petrino
    1:35 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

How is that coach Poops (I mean Stoops) working out for you? I guess sUcK will hire anyone to get an “L”?

29. Louisville1Cal5
    2:25 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Did he mention how he doesn’t give a damn about UofL or the city of Louisville (like 90% of those who’ve played/coached there)?

30. bluegrassstu
    2:47 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Petrino is a changed man, seriously? Would not be surprised to see him and pitino try wife swapping. And I heard Petrino wants to interview Jerry Sandusky for the defensive coordinator position? How special is having two adulterers leading the football and basketball program? Should be easy to recruit against Petrino. I am now convinced that Jurich has low morals. Maybe he sold his soul to the devil,in order to try and get to relevancy in football.

31. jimp
    3:13 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

UL fans are blaming all the hate on UK fans. There are many, many UL fans very unhappy about Petrino being hired. I personally have two UL friends that are going to cancel their season tickets and they have had them for years. Their are a lot of UL fans with negative remarks if you listen to call in shows or look at social media. One more thing, in the news conference Jurich said he was very unhappy with the way Petrino treated Rocko Gasparro and the staff at UL when he was coach here the first time. Can you tell me why the hell he did not step in and do something about it? Just a very small example out of all this mess of as long as you win, who gives a crap how you treat people.

• UK has a football team?
      7:42 pm January 9, 2014 Permalink

Rocko gasparro defended petrino in that conference. I guess you disregarded that part…typical.