The official “What channel is the SEC Network” thread

The SEC Network is here! But what channel is it on your TV? Here’s a list:

DirecTV: 611

Dish Network: 408

Comcast: 718, 1738 HD

AT&T U-Verse: 607, 1607 HD

Time Warner: 516, 517

There’s also a handy dandy channel finder to help you out.

48 Comments for The official “What channel is the SEC Network” thread

1. sandy
    12:20 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

ESPNU is not carrying the game……….and Time-Warner isn’t providing the SEC network in my area……dang! Any online streaming of the game??

2. rab
    12:21 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I have dish network and have the top 150 package and didn’t have it yesterday… so i’m assuming you will have to buy the more expensive top 250 package or whatever to get the SEC network. crap

• Check again
      12:56 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

You my want to check again because I have that same package, I believe, and it didn’t start up until like 7pm last night. Could be wrong but it’s worth checking on.

3. Catscan
    12:23 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I’m on Uvers, it’s working fine on the tv but it’s not showing up on the wireless network, thus I can’t watch it on my laptop. Anyone else having the same problem? I’ve talked to Uverse support and they “think” it’s a temporary glitch but I don’t exactly have faith in them.

4. Jason Hibbs
    12:24 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

#1. watchespn.com will be streaming.

• clancyhat
      12:39 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Only if you get said channel in your package – at least that’s what
      Time Warner / ESPN told me when I tried to watch it

5. qwert Yuiop
    12:33 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

For those in Menifee, Morgan, Elliott and Wolfe Counties, MTTV has the SEC Network on Channel 80 and 1080 HD.

6. catcrazy4sure
    12:34 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Dish channel 404 in SC with a “Hopper”, 408 without.

P.S. for Rab…..only need Dish top 120 package to get SEC network.

• Blue_Cat75
      12:49 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

It’s the 120 PLUS package, not the 120 package.

7. NorthernKyCat Fan
    12:37 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

For those in Northern Kentucky with Cincinnati Bell Fioptics. Channels 204 and 604(HD).

8. Roger
    12:38 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Sandy, which county?

9. Will
    12:40 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

TWC subs can’t use WatchESPN right now. for those of us at work, it time to panic!

10. Rob
    12:41 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I have Dish top 120 package but it wasn’t showing up as an option on my tv guide. I called dish network and they had to “reset” my hopper and have the system update. They said that it didn’t automatically update for many of their customers. 404, 408 (HD).

11. ralph
    12:43 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Mediacom has it

12. Tim
    12:47 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I have dish 120. When I called, I was told I’d have to upgrade to dish 120 PLUS. This is crap. I knew it. “If you have dish, you have the sec network”. Always hits the little guy in the pocket.

• But.....
      1:17 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Yeah you have to the 120+, but it’s only $5 more than the 120, I had to up mine to get it, I think it’ll be well worth the $5 extra

13. Joe
    12:52 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I have TWC in Corbin. It’s listed as channels 76 and 417(HD). I contacted customer support this morning and they told me there was an issue in my area that was not allowing anyone to view the SEC Network. I had hoped that it would be fixed in time for the game, but it’s still showing the channels as “Not Available” 🙁

14. DVR
    12:56 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Can anyone plz help me out? I have DirecTV and I am able to watch the SEC Network but last night I tried recording today’s UK game with my DVR and it would not let me. I attempted to record other programs on the SEC Network just to see and it wouldent let me record anything. Also when I bring up the channel guide on screen it actually shows that I do not get the network but I clicked on the channel anyways and it came up. Not really concerned about that just thought it was odd.

• dsparklender
      8:20 am August 16, 2014 Permalink

go to manage recordings and then manual recordings and input the channel and time ..it will record it directv said it would be on guide yesterday but spoke with forked tongue..but i was able to record this way

15. Pay tv suck
    1:09 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I have Dish top 120, was informed yesterday by Dish that I would have to upgrade to 120 plus for and extra $5 dollars a month. Dish says don’t worry we’ve got you covered for the Sec Network and then puts it on a package above the basic just to force people to pay an extra $5 dollars a month. Free last year on local tv now you have to pay for. Money grubbers!!!!

16. Han
    1:10 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Also, FYI TWC customers, I think SEC network is available in the standard package, so if you get ESPN and Fox Sports 1, you get SEC Network.

• JD
      2:41 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

only in the standard package within the SEC footprint, which is only the states with an SEC school. Outside of this are you have to get the TWC Sports Pass

17. NCCAT
    1:12 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

18. Matthew
    1:17 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Franklin, Ohio TWC channel 336. No HD channel.

• JD
      2:42 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I think that it’s crap we don’t get the HD feed here in Ohio.

• arlo
      3:39 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

i’m in the same area. i called twc wed & was told that it would be on channel 336 and hi def channel 1336, but when it wasn’t on hi def i called back and they simply said “it’s not available in hi def in your area”. sucks.

19. uk
    1:21 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I’ve got twc and have Fox sports 1 but SEC network isn’t working.

20. kyle heavy
    1:35 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Owensboro, KY
    TWC
    channel 796 HD

21. ThatCrackerBZ
    1:44 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Looks like you guys are having fits with all of this. Directv had it up on-time, smooth and seamless.

22. LaRueBigBlue
    1:47 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Comcast Etown area – 395

23. Jeff in KC
    1:49 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

no love for us UK fans already in the future with Google Fiber? channel 216 and 269…

24. SFleming
    1:54 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

We have Dish with the hopper, for us the SECNetwork is 404

25. sincitycat
    1:59 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Watching in HD on Comcast #706 in Colorado…legal marijuana and Wildcat hoops…life is good!

26. ya boi
    3:05 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

I have Xfinity by Comcast. I watched the SEC Network on TV all last night, but I can’t watch the game on the ESPNwatch app using my xfinity account. It says i need to add the channel. Anyone else having this problem? Only being able to view the SEC Network on the TV not online using an app.

27. tville cat
    3:09 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Dish’s channel guide, remotely on computer or phone, didn’t include SEC yet. They said it takes 24 hours.

28. tville cat
    3:10 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

It was working last night (I’ve got the 200 package), but it couldn’t say what shows would be on today.

29. hawaiibillT
    3:44 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

comcast has it on 285 here in NM in HD only

30. ukbradstith
    3:55 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

The SEC network didn’t work via ESPN 3/Watch ESPN App. For TWC, it says it’s not available online, for Comcast (I tried using a friends account), it said they didn’t have the channel. I’ve read that you’ll only be able to watch the games at home if you have TWC, which sucks, because I’m away a lot and need to watch online.

• ya boi
      4:13 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

see that’s my frustration. i have the channel (watched it last night on the tv) but still says i don’t when trying espn3/watchESPN.

31. ukbradstith
    3:57 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Amazing picture on TWC in HD, by the way, crystal clear even for sports.

32. jlove
    4:59 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

When everyone could potentially watch the channel on ESPN3, WHY do the people behind these things require a cable subscription to get the SEC Network? I know it’s all about the $, but I may never understand the logistics behind it.

33. Tom Blevins
    5:00 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

For those who get their cable through SCRTC, (serving Adair, Allen, Barren, Green, Hart, Larue, Metcalfe, Monroe and Nelson Counties) the SEC network is on Channel 36, which used to carry the soap opera network. It’s available at no extra charge for those who have the Expanded Digital Package.

34. John Ellis
    5:28 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

Not in Cincy – I had to use a free internet website that was posted on UK’s athletics’ site. TW Cincy needs some major blowback over this.

35. Jacob
    7:50 pm August 15, 2014 Permalink

For charter users it’s channel 802(HD)

36. WildFan
    2:00 am August 16, 2014 Permalink

Insight was great. Now that Time Warner bought them, the cable sucks. TWC really dropped the ball on this one. The dish folks will be reaping the rewards of Time Warner’s ineptitude.

37. James Bartlett
    2:48 pm August 17, 2014 Permalink

TWC in NKy is not showing the channel in the channel line-up. Try to watch on ESPN.com and says TWC customers cannot watch online. Call the 800 number provided and says call cannot be completed from my location. What a load. 🙁 In my account my my watch online service says SEC network is 384 & 385 but cannot watch online. call customer service and they say it should be channel 336 =- that is a kids cartoon network 🙁