Skip to content

Kentucky Sports Radio

University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.

The NBA Draft Lottery’s Tuesday Morning Wakeup

The winner of the Ben Simmons Sweepstakes will be determined tonight when the NBA holds its lottery for draft positions. The Philadelphia 76ers have the best odds to take the No. 1 overall pick, but we all know the Los Angeles Lakers will win out in the end because the NBA is rigged.

Here’s a look at all of the odds entering the lottery:

ORDER TEAM ODDS NO. 1 ODDS TOP 3
1 Philadelphia 76ers 25% 64.3%
2 Los Angeles Lakers 19.9% 55.8%
3 Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn Nets) 15.6% 46.9%
4 Phoenix Suns 11.9% 37.8%
5 Minnesota Timberwolves 8.8% 29.1%
6 New Orleans Pelicans 6.3% 21.5%
7 Denver Nuggets (via New York Knicks) 4.3% 15%
8 Sacramento Kings 1.9% 6.8%
9 Toronto Raptors (via Denver Nuggets) 1.9% 6.8%
10 Milwaukee Bucks 1.8% 6.5%
11 Orlando Magic 0.8% 2.9%
12 Utah Jazz 0.7% 2.5%
13 Phoenix Suns (via Washington Wizards) 0.6% 2.2%
14 Chicago Bulls 0.5% 1.8%

There will be three Wildcats in the building when the ping-pong balls are selected tonight. Devin Booker will be representing the Phoenix Suns; Willie Cauley-Stein will represent the Sacramento Kings; and Karl-Anthony Towns, your unanimous Rookie of the Year, will sit in the Minnesota Timberwolves’ seat.

The lottery will be televised prior to Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals on ESPN.

 

Marques Bolden announcement coming Thursday afternoon.

The end of Marques Bolden’s recruitment is in sight if Bolden follows through with his plan to announce later this week. As of now, Bolden is set to announce his decision at 2:30 pm ET ceremony from DeSoto High School. It will be either Duke or Kentucky, and whatever school he chooses will have the No. 1 ranked recruiting class for 2016.

What do we make of this action on Instagram yesterday?

 

Tomorrow is the final day for Bolden to submit his National Letter of Intent.

It’s unclear if Bolden will submit his LOI prior to Thursday’s ceremony to get it in before the May 18 deadline. If he decides to wait, he will not be bound to traditional LOI rules and could theoretically change his mind at any point over the summer.

My guess is he will turn it in sometime Wednesday, which means word will likely leak out before Bolden tells the world Thursday afternoon.

John Calipari plans to retire at Kentucky.

In his third and final installment of the “Vision of the Program” series, Calipari announced his plans to coach at Kentucky until retirement. “My plan is to coach here for the rest of my career,” he wrote in the CoachCal.com feature. “I want this to be my final coaching position.”

He wants to catch UCLA and its record 11 NCAA titles during that time.

“Our next challenge is to chase UCLA’s 11 titles. I hope you understand that it’s going to be very difficult. We’ve won eight titles since 1948, and now we’re going to try to win four more.”

Any food/bar recommendations in Greenville, South Carolina?

I’ll be in Greenville later this week for the BMW Charity Pro-Am. Wondering what all I should do/try during my four-day visit. Hit me up on the Twitter device if you’re knowledgable of the town.

Let’s do this, Tuesday.

Article written by Drew Franklin

I can recite every line from Forrest Gump, blindfolded. Follow me on Twitter: @DrewFranklinKSR

11 Comments for The NBA Draft Lottery’s Tuesday Morning Wakeup



  1. KYFAN6582
    9:37 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

    We got him!!!!!!!! My roommate works for UK college of admissions department. Take it for what you will but he said Bolden’s admissions packet came in last night and was sent to the C.A.T,S department. Lets hope its true! .



  2. KyDoughBoy
    9:45 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

    ^^ You went from 100% confidence, to “lets hope”



  3. KYFAN6582
    9:47 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

    It’s never official until they are on campus. We have learned that much through the Cal era.



  4. kentuckyrld
    9:51 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

    The NBA cannot afford to have the top pick just end up as a random draw between 14 teams. Yes, they list the probabilities for each team as though each of them has a chance before the draw but it really comes down to the fact that the NBA needs to place the top picks with certain teams to make the league more likely to draw fans in the right areas to make more money. To believe that it is all random is pretty stupid.



    • ukbradstith
      10:46 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

      Look at who gets the top 2 or 3 picks each year. Sure seems pretty random to me.



  5. stl_cat
    10:20 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

    Is it still the ‘Ben Simmons Sweepstakes’ if Ingram is the 1st pick?



    • somerset bill
      11:04 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

      i think its actually called the-sweepstakes-to-see-which-two-to-four-teams-will-be-ridiculed-in-two-years-for-passing-on-murray.

      i feel like karl towns is going to be a huge star in more things than basketball.



  6. ClutchCargo
    10:58 am May 17, 2016 Permalink

    I don’t think the NLOI is a factor with Bolden. There is no reason for him to even sign one at this point. Either of his top choices will have a spot for him, and he could always change his mind again (huge for him) if he has second thoughts.



  7. profmike
    3:54 pm May 17, 2016 Permalink

    Drew, I used to live in the upstate and thought Greenville’s downtown was the best. If you want haute Euro-pub food try the Green Room. They also won an award for the world’s best french fries-parmasean and truffle butter dusted. Most of the downtown scene along Main St. down through Reedy River Falls (there’s a big park worth checking out) is pretty good. It’s been years, but Smoke on the Water had good BBQ and Soby’s is the place for modern Southern cuisine. Lemongrass is a thai place, also nice. Not as sure about the bars and pubs as it’s been a long time.

    The main tourist attractions in the area are state parks. You’re in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains, so there are good hiking options-Ceasar’s Head, Paris Mountain.



    • Megan
      4:44 pm May 17, 2016 Permalink

      Visited Greenville just last week. The Reedy River park (take your shoes off and walk out onto the falls) was quite nice, but a bit too many people on the weekend. The city has really grown and seems like a desirable college-town destination, save for the occasional confederate flag and the pro-gun tee shirts. Keep to the nicer west end of downtown. A lot of shops, restaurants, and bars. You’ll have no problem finding something. The Velo Fellow on Augusta St. is a darkish pub house place that served us four very good dishes during brunch. Take in a minor league game if you can: Boston’s Class A affiliate, the Greenville Drive.



  8. Megan
    4:14 pm May 17, 2016 Permalink

    The odds of getting the No. 1 pick are only 25% for the Sixers. That’s possible, of course, but not likely to happen. The odds are quite against it (75%).

    The odds of getting the No. 1 pick are even less likely for every other team in the lottery.

    Therefore, the most likely outcome is that no team gets the No. 1 pick.

    Bad news for Ingram or Simmons.