The #KSRDoesAmerica road trip comes home (Monday Show Thread)

It was a long week on the road, but the guys are finally home and the first annual #KSRDoesAmerica road trip is in the books. How did Matt, Ryan, and Shannon survive the trip back? Tune in to find out.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

26 Comments for The #KSRDoesAmerica road trip comes home (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Welcome back! I am sure you all will have stories to tell and I look forward to hearing them.

I hear there is an opening on 840 WHAS from 6-8. Again… KSR?

Lookout Nashville… The dirty birds and General Mr. Suntan is heading your way.

• An opening again? I was wondering why they didn’t replace Lach with another sports host. I guess they figured there are already so many all sports talk stations now (unlike when Van Vance first started that show in that slot on WHAS when there were none) that they should just stick with all news talk.

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

You mean they are going to can Mandy Connel? Thank the Lord!! They lost me as a listener when they brought her back. There are already plenty of political talk show hacks out there. If they are going to remote broadcast her from Colorado or wherever she is, why not just remote Lach in and keep it sports?

• DrSayre
      2:09 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

I like Mandy, but never liked her doing a “local” radio show while she lived in Colorado.

2. The Rest of the story
    9:56 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Let us all welcome back Billy G to the coaching ranks. Now the head coach at Ranger Community College in Fort Worth Tx. Started out 9-0 till ineligible players forced them to drop their first 4 games. Gee does that not bring back fond memories?

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:26 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

#neverseenstarwarslovewhitechristmas

4. inside info2
    10:31 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Matt,

Are we going to hear about any staff changes this week for the football team?

5. ukblue22
    10:33 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

I’m not renewing my season tickets. Not because of the coaching. I showed up to support the players when they had terrible coaching under Joker. I continued to show up and support them when they were under-manned the first years of the Stoops era. However, certain groups of players failed to take pride in their jersey and worried more about themselves than the team. I’ll be back for games next season. But not at the cost of $1,500 I can use someplace else.

6. CATandMONKEY
    10:47 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

No way that Skal should be starting over Barker.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

UGA hires Smart and is paying him about the same that we are paying Stoops. That plus the huge buyout makes the UK AD look pretty stoopid.

I am shocked that South Carolina hired Muschamp. Was their AD getting advice from Barnhart? 🙂 I guess they are a basketball school now.

• Booby Petrino
      11:56 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Smart wasn’t coming to UK. He wasn’t gonna “stoop” that low. He wasn’t even considering South Carolina. UGA is as low as he’d leave Bama for.

8. Cat House
    10:56 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

I really like Mark Stoops. That said, this is the first time in more than 50 years that I am not at least somewhat optimistic about next season.

9. kycats13
    11:16 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Would love to see UK bring in Daric Pugh and really take flyers on some of the other Kentucky players on the various Kentucky High School championship teams. I think with Kentucky players the culture would change. Of course the coaching staff will have to coach them up.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Is marmot a type of fur bearing animal?

11. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

I thought we would have had a shot at the Chlamydia Bowl down in Montgomery if we got in with a 5-7 record. Is that right?

• Booby Petrino
      11:57 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

If there were such a thing, that would def be where Petrino would go.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:36 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Marmot is a type of squirrel. That was a ferret that they tossed in the Dude’s bathtub, I think.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:40 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Is anyone else here on the comment thread, or is it just me? Did I hear an echo? Hello?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:43 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

..just me…me…me…echo…echo. ..echo…hello…hello. ..

• J-Dub421
      11:45 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

I’m here. I just haven’t commented.

• RealCatsFan
      11:49 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

I guess we just have our own little “KSR Comment Thread Club” going. Maybe we should get together for a luncheon. I’ll bring 2-liter’s of soft drinks and chips. That’s all I can handle for these things. 😉

• Booby Petrino
      11:57 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

is this an Adele song?

• drewfranklinsbeer
      2:39 pm December 7, 2015 Permalink

Hello…..Is it me your looking for?

14. Experience
    11:54 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

Can you see a heated confrontation between Will Muschamp and Frank Martin? That may be a pay per view event!

15. J-Dub421
    11:56 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

I think we are a bad match-up for U of L in basketball. They play a similar style, but we’re better at it and have better athletes, especially at guard.

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am December 7, 2015 Permalink

And we shoot FT’s the right way – although I don’t know if we do it any better. 😉