The KSR Summer Tour stops in Beaver Dam (Thursday Show Thread)

The KSR Summer Tour resumes today with a stop at the Beaver Dam Amphitheater. If you’re in the area, come on to hear what the guys did for the Fourth and to register for the chance to win tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com and get one step closer to becoming a finalist for the Bahamas trip.

Here’s the tour schedule for the rest of this week and next:

7/6 – Owensboro – Academy Sports and Outdoors – 3051 Highland Pointe Drive

7/11 – Pendleton County – Northern Kentucky Golf Club – Country Club Drive Butler, KY
7/12 – Sparta – Kentucky Speedway
7/13 – Monticello – Conley Bottom Resort – 270 Conley Bottom Road

You can see the complete tour schedule here.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

53 Comments for The KSR Summer Tour stops in Beaver Dam (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:15 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Had I known about them firing them off the 5/3 building, I would have went on my porch to watch. Good to know I didn’t miss anything.

If you want a good show, find a good spot right under the WEBN Fireworks show in Cincy around Labor Day. Feels like the second coming.

• JTHinton
      10:30 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

The neighborhood Firebrook, near the Jessamine-Fayette county line, always puts on a great show. Lasted around 40 min last night, and the finale was a lot better than what the city put on

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I have no need to go into town; a couple of neighbors evidently spend a fortune in Tennessee, and they have a duel…sounds like artillery.

• Realme
      10:34 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I’ve got a few neighbors that shell out for the good stuff too. Love it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

They usually put on a good show at the Aquatic Center in Buckner. My daughter and I went last night, and it was good, but not as long as years past. Probably a good thing, because our dog got a little scared by the really loud ones. We took her last year when she was a pup, and she literally slept through them. I guess she is becoming a weenie. 🙂

2. J-Dub421
    10:30 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

There is a portion of our fan base who are never happy. They do not know how to be happy. It is impossible to make them happy. I usually just avoid them.

• Realme
      10:33 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

That woman who texted all that meanness to Matt has to be a Louisville fan. Why else would she be so angry?

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

And why take the time to write him? Also, if you hate the show that much, use your headphones and listen to music when your husband listens to the show. My husband watches TV shows I’m not interested in. I just read a book or do something else. It’s not hard.

• JDub, and here is someone who feeds into it:

“BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Just a Reminder Cats Winning NBA Titles is a Short List”

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I often skip BTI’s articles as well. He’s usually just trying to stir the pot for no reason.

• RealCatsFan
      11:30 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Not just fans, but people in general. Some people must practice their bitching in front of a mirror every morning.

3. Record low in the ST yesterday. Of course, it was a food bracket rerun. 🙂

• It was a big fat 0 BTW.

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I would have repeated my comments; but, I couldn’t remember them.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I generally skip the rerun shows.

• A few years ago I was checking the site on one of the big holidays, I mean like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Someone posted a comment and said “No live show today??? Lazy ________.”

The absurdity of the comment made me chuckle. I think that may have actually been how the comment was intended.

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I was out in the 110* heat index cleaning out my garage, so did not listen. Still feeling it today.

• runningunnin.454
      11:37 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Wow, you couldn’t find a hotter job?

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

rg, I had a couple of fans going and a tall glass of ice water handy, and I was not out in the hot sun most of the time. Doing yard work out in the hot sun would have been much worse. But it did suck, and I can tell that it took a lot out of my old ass because today I ache all over and I have zero energy.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:42 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Ryan will be the only one that doesn’t bounce it.

5. J-Dub421
    10:42 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Randle should be happy to get out of LA. The Lakers have had no clue how to use him, and grossly undervalued him the whole time he was there.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Going to have to watch the circus in L.A. and Tripper Allen in Utah.
      Going to eat a lot of popcorn.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I’m just waiting until Utah plays the Warriors. Go trip Big Cuz or Draymond Green, Grayson. I dare you.

6. Is anyone else kind of annoyed by this Brit lecturing us on our tooth brushing habits?

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I always picture the little lizard from the Geico commercials when I hear him talking.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:52 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Is it Beaver Dam that has the sign, “Home of 2000 happy people and a few sore heads”?
    Could be Hartford…don’t remember.

8. And if we won in 75 UCLA has 10 and we have 9.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

And we would have won if Wooden had not thrown his little sissy fit.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

We’d have won if Wooden hadn’t been cheating for years paying players.

9. If Finebaum goes to the Big 10 Network, does he do a follow-up to his book “My Conference Can Beat Your Conference” with a book called “JUST KIDDING!”?

10. J-Dub421
    11:18 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Rick Stansbury is shady.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Looks like he’ll be 0-2; I never heard what happened with the big recruit last year.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Dude enrolled, then dropped out and left, then they said he was coming back, then he said he was just going to go train for the NBA and never played a game for Western. Mitchell Robinson. He was drafted in the second round (36th) by the Knicks.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

O.K. Thanks; I just thought there had to be some problem with the recruitment.

11. Realme
    11:30 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

I mean, if you’re an arsonist, I would think fireworks tent is the way to go.

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

The ultimate pyromaniac.

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

And isn’t it kind of obvious when you just happen to be there at 4 am filming it?

• JTHinton
      12:51 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

My thoughts exactly, Jdub

12. Matt is right about Stoops & Mac-O-Matic. However, give credit to Stoops for being smart enough to offer him. My understanding is that Bama doesn’t offer schollys to kickers, hence their kicking problems that were on display in the natty last year. Granted, I think lots of schools only get kickers as walk-ons.

I wondered why he came to UK rather than Bama or Auburn. Once I heard that I knew why (although I’m not sure if AU does the same thing as their rival).

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

In volleyball, defensive specialists and liberos are usually the last recruited and often play as walk-ons, although you could argue that the defense that they play, and the passing to set up the offense are extremely important. The offensive players get all the glory. So some correlation can be drawn to kickers.

• runningunnin.454
      11:53 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

Going to miss Mac big time.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:47 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

ONLY Ryan would equate brushing your teeth with being erotic. 😀

• Realme
      11:51 am July 5, 2018 Permalink

LOL, he’s so ew.

14. JTHinton
    12:56 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

Same, rg, often times the difference between winning and losing is a good kicking game (might be a tad biased b/c I’m a soccer guy). Bama would’ve won the title in the last BCS year if they had a kicker; they missed like four FGs vs Auburn…