The KSR Summer Tour begins in Prestonsburg (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Stonecrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg, the first stop on the 2017 KSR Summer Tour. Tune in to hear Matt and Ryan break down the UofL Foundation audit, the team’s arrival in Lexington, and any other stories that tickle their fancy. If you’re in the area, come on out for the chance to win tickets to a basketball game. If you can’t make it, check out the gang at one of the other tour stops:

Leg 1: June

8/18 — Madisonville — Hudson Toyota

8/21 — Hopkinsville — Eclipse
8/22 — KY State Fair
8/23 — Northern KY — Dickman’s
8/24 — Richmond — Mann Chrysler
8/25 — KSR Louisville Golf Outing

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

47 Comments for The KSR Summer Tour begins in Prestonsburg (Monday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:00 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

What the heck is up with co-workers that are peppy right now?

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Penguins fans?

• Realme
      10:18 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Maybe. Or lunatics.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha ha.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Morning people are terrible.

• ClutchCargo
      10:33 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Does it make me a bad person that hearing someone say “Good morning!” pisses me off if I haven’t had my coffee yet?

• Realme
      10:36 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha, no.
      We had this teacher when I was a teenager that used to go around singing “good morning to you” to the tune of Happy Birthday. She never understood why people didn’t like that.

• ukjaybrat
      10:38 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

those people are sociopaths. if i am not at LEAST on coffee number 2, don’t even breathe in my direction. or life will get ugly for everyone

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

And no one slapped said teacher? I am impressed with your restraint.

• Was the teacher’s name Pollyanna? πŸ˜‰

• Realme
      10:46 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

LOL, she did have 2 first names combined into one. So pretty much.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:16 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m a morning person myself, but what annoys me is when the girls at the drive-thru window say, “Have a nice day!”. I usually reply, “Don’t tell me what to do.”

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, not a great morning for me. My left foot hurts like hell (will probably have to get surgery eventually), we have people out on vacation which greatly increases my workload, and coffee has not begun to overcome 5 1/2 hours of sleep. And since we have people out on vacation, I am going to have to miss the Tom Petty / Joe Walsh concert tonight, and I will also not get to travel to Orlando with my daughter’s team. I’m a time bomb looking for a place to go off. OK, Breeeaaathhh…

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Someone get RCF a bourbon stat!

• ^^^Get this man some of this coffee:

• Realme
      11:23 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Quick, somebody get RCF a doughnut. Or a punching bag. Hang in there, maybe you’ll be so busy the week will fly by.

• RCF I mean, not J-Dub. Haha.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:05 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Interesting that Pitt has now cleared the way for Cam Johnson to play at NC next year.
    Think of it; The Tarheels will have a player that has actually attended a class.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Heck, he’s graduated and everything. A real degree even.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:54 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

I read the letter he wrote pleading his case to Pitt. By UNC standards, the kid deserves a PhD.

3. So Matt did NOT pull the “Do you know who I am” card? Γ°ΕΈΛœΕ“

4. Imagine how successful UK would be if we bought hookers for recruits and bilked taxpayers for millions through shady arena deals and fake foundations!

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Honestly, I don’t think UK fans could abide that. Makes you wonder about UL fans.

• J-Dub421
      10:26 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

U of L fans and media don’t care as long as they’re winning.

• Realme
      10:27 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Their very own donations went into the pockets of individuals, instead of helping the university. And they still do not care.

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

makes you wonder. all those gas station donations. those weren’t even the major donors. those were everyday card fans. i bet every dime of that went to some bigwig salary under the table.

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

$300,000 for Captain Suntan’s terrible show.

• Ditto to what all of you said.

• And RG: yes, at some point you have to pay for behavior like that, one way or another.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

The Louisville media were totally complicit in this. There were all sorts of red flags, and none of them did ANY investigative journalism. They just gobbled down whatever tripe the U of L administration threw their way and begged for more.

• ukjaybrat
      10:47 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

that’s because the media never had any power. in the corrupt institution that was UL, they just threatened to be blackballed if they didn’t report what the university wanted. so they were all scared to say anything other than the propaganda jurich and ramsey allowed

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

If they suspected shady dealings, the media could have done an open records request at any time. They chose not to, that’s on them.

5. J-Dub421
    10:30 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

We have a lot of versatile weapons in basketball next season. I think the “best player” will vary game to game, and that we’ll be a “death by 1,000 cuts” type of team.

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Would like to see a zone press for extended periods of time…our length and quickness could be devastating.

6. Matt’s right. Coach Mingione is the best! That video alone ought to get kids to want to play for him, especially when he said the players changed him, and what he said about how they treated his wife and his 2 year old kid.

7. Realme
    10:42 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

I bet Eric C. Conn is a Louisville Man.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:10 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

To freely borrow a quote a wise man once said about socialists and re-apply it to Louisville fans: “There are only two possible kinds of Cards fans: thieves and fools.” Conn would arguably fit into both categories.

• Did Matt comment on the news story I heard on WLAP at the top of the hour (I’ve been busy)? They said a man claiming to be Conn had called the police and said he would turn himself in or something.

• Realme
      11:22 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

Yeah he was talking about the terms of surrender.

• Nice bumper song earlier by STD with “Surrender” from Cheap Trick BTW.

8. Realme
    10:52 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

I saw someone on another thread talking about how Cal would probably like a do-over with Skal. I wonder if SKJ is that do-over, where Cal made a deliberate decision to hold him back until he’s ready. Hope he has a breakout year.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:08 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think Cal would do that. I honestly think Cal would rather see a kid be like Skal and succeed in the pros without it benefiting the program much than to do anything to hold a kid back. That would be unethical, and it would violate the principle of helping his players be the “best versions of themselves”.

• Realme
      11:25 am June 12, 2017 Permalink

I agree it wouldn’t be typical Cal, but I don’t think it would be unethical to look at a guy and say let’s give him more time to get reay instead of throwing him out there to be eaten alive. He was so young last year he’s basically the same age as the incoming freshmen, I think.

9. kycats13
    12:02 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

How about bringing the road show to Asheville NC, maybe with a stop in Johnson City TN along the way.