The KSR Football Podcast Crew takes over (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Freddie Maggard, Jarred Lorenzen, Nick Roush, and Drew Franklin are taking over the mics at the Lexington studios to bring you two hours of football talk. With one big Yahtzee rolling in yesterday in Xavier Peters, they’ve got plenty to talk about.

Here’s the rest of this week’s guest host schedule:

July 3rd and 4th: “Best of” shows to celebrate America’s Independence
July 5: KSR Football Podcast
July 6: Mo Egger
July 7: Steve Romines and T.J. “Makes em Pay” Smith

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

32 Comments for The KSR Football Podcast Crew takes over (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:00 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

I hope they have Nick open things up by mispronouncing Jared’s name, in the great tradition of the KSR FB Podcast.

2. bluetide
    10:09 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

Yaaawwwwwn…

3. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

The article about most patriotic song was odd…and wrong. J. Hendrix Star Spangled Banner? Hah,that was my generation and that is just totally wrong.
    This would be based upon your generation; The greatest generation would insist Kate Smith’s “God Bless America” carried them through the darkest days of WWII.
    For my generation in the late sixties, even though it didn’t inspire patriotism, it was the Animals’ “We Gotta Get Out of this Place”.

4. Realme
    10:22 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

4 neighbors close to my house clearly made the drive for the good stuff. Watched a decent show from my porch.

5. Realme
    10:24 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

Calm down, 10 wins guy. Let’s not put such high expectations on them that we get mad when they have a good season.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

I would be happy with 7-8 wins; can’t listen, did they really say 10? I would like to beat Lamar again…we laugh about the fumble; but, he’s a great athlete.

• Realme
      10:39 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

It was a caller, not the guys.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:05 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

If the season is like the last several, there will be about four games decided by a play. If we can perform in crunch time, 10 is possible. That’s a “best case scenario” number, though.

• And “best case scenario” got more tenuous when we lost Alvonte Bell. Also, playing in the SEC, best case probably ain’t gonna happen in enough games to get 10 wins. We have to be legit to get that far.

Also, our kicker is so important, as evidenced by the Miss St and UL games last year (I know that’s a “Captain Obvious” statement BTW!).

• “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

*sigh*

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

I don’t worry at all about Austin MacGinnis. Punting is another story though.

• Playing in the SEC, best case probably isn’t going to happen in enough games to get 10 wins. We have to be legit to do that. Losing Bell didn’t help, and I think all of us wondered if we would have won at least another game or 2 last year if we hadn’t lost the defensive player who transferred to Jax State (I already forgot his name).

• Well, I didn’t realize I didn’t have to reword it! Thanks Tyler! (or whomever let it through)

• J-Dub421
      12:03 pm July 5, 2017 Permalink

Reggie Meant?

6. J-Dub421
    10:41 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

That we can have a legit discussion about which position group is the most talented/deepest speaks volumes.

7. J-Dub421
    11:00 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

Lol, I would love to see these dudes karaoke.

• InigoMontoya
      11:25 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

See, but not hear.

8. Realme
    11:31 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

I’d make fun of Jared for not seeming to realize that JRock is parodying a Louisville fan, but I have to admit I didn’t realize it for a while myself.

9. Realme
    11:44 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

In his mind, Ky Joe is the most interesting man in the world.

10. Realme
    11:48 am July 5, 2017 Permalink

Why did Matt record a Jack Kain Ford commercial in a noisy crowd, and why are they airing it?

11. ukwildcat2323
    12:29 pm July 5, 2017 Permalink

Off all holiday weekend & we’re rewarded with 2 hours of this crap. Ughhh!

12. Basteballer
    12:37 pm July 5, 2017 Permalink

I like all the guys, I just couldn’t listen to 2 hours of football talk.

13. ukwildcat2323
    1:16 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Only podcast I’ve ever downloaded and not finished. I never miss an episode, but I could only handle 30 minutes of that monotony. Drew could do a math podcast & I’d listen to that all day everyday before I’d listen to that borin crap. Please just let Drew talk about anything before doing this again. .