The gang is back together again (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Lexington and Louisville studios. For the first time in five weeks, the gang is all together again, making today mandatory listening as they catch up on Matt’s vacation and all the latest in UK Sports. To celebrate his return, Matt’s even having a contest for two tickets to Big Blue Madness. If that doesn’t get you to listen, I don’t know what will.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

36 Comments for The gang is back together again (Monday Show Thread)

1. Matt is back! Hallelujah Matt is back!

• Realme
      10:07 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Yes! We made it.

• Bleedblueky
      10:10 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

YEAH MATT IS BACK AND WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH 🙂

2. ukjaybrat
    10:18 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

5 weeks was a long time. don’t know if i could have taken another week of subs. no offense to any of them

• Realme
      10:20 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Agree, it was getting old, no matter if the sub was good or not.

• Like someone said last year at this time, it shows how good Matt is at this. Also, as Realme pointed out several times, part of the problem was the national guys telling us thing we already knew about the Cats as if it was a revelation, and we’re thinking “Water is wet, the sky is blue.”

3. He’s an analyst employed by the SEC Network. You may not like what he said, but it’s his job to give his analysis and opinion, kind of like KSR.

• Realme
      10:33 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I disagree with the guys. I’d rather a media member said it than a coach. It may have been rude, but it also may be that final motivation that gets Elam and the whole d line to achieve the way that they should. They all took it personally, not just him.

• Maybe the word “lazy” was over the line, but if it motivates Elam and he helps us get a better record and a better bowl game, send Mac a UK jacket!

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I hope it makes our d-line play angry this season.

4. Who all entered the drawing? (my hand goes up)

BTW, I’m surprised the Show Thread is not busier. I know RCF is prolly still preoccupied with his dad’s health.

RCF, I’m still praying for your family!

• Realme
      10:43 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I am in the dark ages still I guess, can’t screen shot on my phone. Hope you win. Also hope RCF gets good news today.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I just got back from vacation last week, what did I miss?

• Realme
      10:47 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

His dad had a brain tumor removed and they’re worried about pathology results today.

• ukjaybrat
      10:48 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I entered. but it wasn’t easy. Didn’t have the text line so i had to find that. then the text app i was using didn’t show a phone number. it was chaos. but i got in

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Oh wow, that’s terrible. Here’s hoping for good news.

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Mostly Matt is catching up; we’re all up to speed and already discussed most of these topics.

5. Realme
    10:48 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

How much do you think that whole trip cost Matt? I’m guessing about 6 months of my salary. 🙂

6. Realme
    10:51 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I went to a smaller Eastern European country for a summer in high school. Any time someone learned we were form America, they wanted to talk about Michael Jackson and McDonald’s.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:54 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Hard to believe the most memorable thing in all of Europe is a fast food place in Luxembourg.
    Bet he didn’t get a quarter-pounder at McDonalds.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:05 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Best thing on the site over the weekend was the Kyrie flat-earth thing with the conspiracy theories, and the ensuing global warming debate….Hilarious.

• Realme
      11:09 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I bet that was a hoot. I also bet commenters were really angry.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Kyrie Irving, helping prove that not all Dookies are smart.

• Guilty. I was a part of that. Big Board as usual never comments on a post. He’s only there to correct simpletons like me.

9. J-Dub421
    11:13 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

We don’t have high speed passenger trains in the US because the auto industry didn’t want us to. We really need to get rid of lobbying in this country.

• But it’s also because it’s so expensive to drive in Europe compared to the US. It’s things like road taxes in addition to the cost of gas (or petrol as they call it in Britain).

• However, I agree that it would be very cool for me to be in places like Huntsville and Mobile in 45-60 minutes (or whatever it would be) instead of 2 1/2 or 3 hours, and Bham in 20 minutes or so instead of 1 1/2 hours.

• Realme
      11:26 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

It would be pretty awesome to be able to get a quick, inexpensive, ride to Cincy, Louisville & Nashville.

• J-Dub421
      12:00 pm July 31, 2017 Permalink

It would be pretty easy to connect the major cities east of the Mississippi via train, and it would be faster (or as fast as) and cheaper than air travel. It would also free up some road traffic. I personally think we should push for this in Kentucky because you could make Louisville a major hub as it’s within a few hour drive of many other cities and is fairly centrally located. (This is why UPS made Louisville one of their hubs.)

10. Realme
    11:24 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t think Shannon and Ryan were flirting. I though they were trying to pretend to be really un-sexist when Rutledge was hosting.

11. Realme
    11:51 am July 31, 2017 Permalink

Now THIS is the KSR we’ve all been missing!

12. ukkatzfan
    12:05 pm July 31, 2017 Permalink

Listened today….have lost interest. When they advertise an over the top football show, I’ll try it again. Totally lost interest the last 5 weeks.

• catdaddyd
      12:29 pm July 31, 2017 Permalink

I haven’t listened since Matt left. I usually download podcast, but since it’s not on podbay anymore, I don’t know where to get it for android. Also website has gotten to many pop-up ads. It’s really distracting.