The football recruiting dead period is over

elamshove

Today marks the end of the dead period for football recruiting, which means the UK coaching staff is hitting the road to check in on their remaining targets for 2014 and beyond.  Their first stop?  Elizabethtown to see five-star defensive tackle Matt Elam.  The staff will visit with Elam before heading to Alabama this weekend for his official visit. They’ll also go to Princeton, Kentucky to see 2015 QB Elijah Sindelar.

The Cats Pause’s Chris Fisher has a list of confirmed in-home/school visits over at the House of Blue message boards. Go check it out.

29 Comments for The football recruiting dead period is over

1. trey
    12:14 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

A lot of 7 day free trials are getting some visits today from what I can see.

2. JessRo
    12:15 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Co-ry John-son! [clap clap clap] Co-ry John-son! [clap clap clap]…………..

3. Hoover
    12:19 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

He’s the guy you hate to sit next to on a flight!

4. Mudcreekmark
    12:23 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I am tired of hearing about Matt Elam. If we get him,great, if not, great. If someone doesn’t want to come and play for their home team, so be it. We are making so much of a fuss over one player that if I was the other recruits I would be saying WTF. Matt Elam may be good, but one player does not make or break a football team. Every interview that is done with one of our committments, Matt Elams name comes up. Asking players that have already committed about one certain recruit over and over again. The interviewers are more interested in what these players think about our chances of getting Elam than they are on the player they are interviewing.Let it go. I don’t remember anyone winning a National Championship game just because of one interior defensive lineman.

• cracka
      1:10 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

i am tired of hearing people complaining about hearing about matt elam

this is a recruiting website … today is the end of the dead period … and matt elam is the first guy the uk coaching staff is going to go see in person … that is the news this site is going to give … it’s recruiting news …

5. Rod Winkler
    12:27 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I’m a man, like you a man, like Elam a man.

Wait, is that dude flexing?

Let me get up my dukes…

6. Reality Check
    12:29 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

He is a good player but a 5 star kid. He is way too slow.

7. Fat Albert
    12:30 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I can’t wait until fatso makes a decision. Then this site can talk about something else.

8. jughead07
    12:31 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Hey just found this on the internet. Not sure if they have permission but every post on KSR is getting put on this site. Not just the topic but word for word. Scroll down and you will see.

• Bazinga
      3:49 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Why would KSR care? That’s how KSR gets their stories, they steal them from real media outlets.

9. KYBOY
    12:33 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I agree Fat Albert I can’t wait. I will be you he is a big of a bust as our Mr. Johnson from Harrodsburg.

• PAK
      12:47 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Johnson was all sec one year and made some all American list as I recall. Wouldn’t consider him a bust.

• UKfan9
      1:59 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

In 2001 Johnson led the SEC in tackles for a loss, sacks and forced fumbles. Not sure that’s a bust.

10. KYBOY
    12:34 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Sorry should have said bet you

11. Mike
    1:21 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

If this site is going to continue to claim Elam is a 5 star player, then they have to acknowledge that the class is only ranked 24th overall. You can’t just pick and choose the best ratings from each site and then put them together.
    Yeah Rivals has us 12 and that’s great, but to them Elam is only a 3 star player.
    And 247, which has Elam as a 5 star, only has 1 UK commit in their top 250, where ESPN has multiple, with the class being around the 20s again.
    Picking and choosing which rankings to use just looks bad. You can’t just tailor the recruiting news to make it look the best for each player in each situation, that is really amateur

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      1:22 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Since we began our partnership with 247 Sports, we’ve only used their rankings.

• WRB
      3:58 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Mike, the last time I looked, this was a free country, so the site can use any rating they want to use.

• Wondering
      6:54 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

If they want to be a bunch of amateur homers they can.

12. artist formally known as mousecop
    1:23 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Would like to get him.

13. artist formally known as mousecop
    1:36 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I have always trusted rivals rankings, even tho they only have Elam a three star. But to be fair I think that is only the case because he did not attend any rivals camps.

14. Tom Sellecks Mustache
    1:38 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Looks like a humble kid.

• BIG BLUE
      4:08 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Humble? really?…..look at the way he’s taking all the room he pleases, like he’s the only one in the pic. This dude is way too high on himself to be called humble. He thinks he’s the best thing to ever come out of high school and aint done nothin. We don’t need this….let him go to Bama and get that ego knocked down.

• BIG BLUE
      4:11 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I’m guessing that I missed your sarcasm here…seems like a douche 2 me.

15. MDaddyLongLeg
    2:02 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I am so tired of Matt Elam. I’ll take him if he choses to come here but gosh I can’t stand him much longer. Needs to lose a lot of fat while he’s at it..

16. Eric
    2:21 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Tell fat Matt to stay away from UK.

17. SoKySam
    4:43 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

TT, thank you for not ‘stealing’ info and just posting it on this free site. I LOVE what you guys do, I’ve listened to podcasts on this site for going on 7 years or so…That being said, it slightly burns me up when MJ (or anyone else) takes info from a paid site someone is trying to make a living off of and posts it on twitter or a free site. I’ve got empathy for those dudes. J Rowland is at the top of that list.

Kudos TT. Kudos.

18. Einstein
    5:21 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

Thanks for the update. It is so exciting. So cool that the uk coaching staff treat this kid like a king. He was awesome in the army game. He was so great in high school. He walks on water. 5 star, he is the best football player ever in Kentucky. he needs not go to the gym. Needs to continue gaining weight and sending degrading twitters to Fant. Please do Alabama a favor and come to uk. You’re the greatest and your future uk teammates love your arrogant, its all about me attitude.

• The Professor
      6:24 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

You should change your name to Anti-Einstein. What a childish rant.

19. Lewibear0420
    5:37 pm January 16, 2014 Permalink

I hope we are still going hard after Daniel Ross, a 6′ 5″ 285 lbs. DT from Louisville. I think Elam is thinking “Crimson” and we need to be ready for Plan B. Of course I want Elam, too, but am one of the ones that have also become a little disenchanted with his whole resume (Delays, not being true to Barker, twittering to Fant, selling his jersey). I know several of you are getting ready to come to his defense, ha. I also hope we can flip the Krok kid that had committed to WVU. He’s a 6′ 8″ 300 lbs. Offensive Tackle from Ohio visiting this weekend. I would certainly like to see some OLine and DLine guys to round out our 2014 recruiting class. Wished we could have gotten Marcelys Jones and/or Travonte Valentine, but I think they are long gone. Has anyone heard anymore about Ja’Merez Bowen, OT from Cleveland (6′ 5″ 270 lbs)? 247 has him at 100% UK, but I haven’t heard that he’s a slam dunk.