The Duet Everyone is Talking About, Featuring One of Kentucky’s Finest

I’m not a big “country music award show” kind of guy, but I can get behind Kentucky native Chris Stapleton.  After winning the award for Best New Artist, he took the stage with Justin Timberlake.  The internet preceded to explode.

Well done Mr. Stapleton, well done.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

14 Comments for The Duet Everyone is Talking About, Featuring One of Kentucky’s Finest

1. Jerry
    10:40 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Absolutely the Best of the Night!! LOVED IT

2. Megan
    4:19 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Preceded to explode? Really, Nick?

• symphonist41169
      8:26 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

My thoughts exactly. I guess the internet exploded BEFORE the duet. That was before everyone PRO ceded to the bathroom to get rid of the vomit in their mouths from seeing Timberlake on a country music awards show….

3. whose gonna fill their shoes
    6:54 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

what a disgrace to the legend george jones by popping up his music. this stuff aint country its all pu$$y boy pop for all the charmin ultra people to enjoy

• Auntie Em Effer
      7:10 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Agree to an extent; Country has been for many moons on that mission to draw in more music fans. Looked to me like Chris Stapleton was hating having to be up there, initially; but he’s a musician and artists appreciate each other. I turned it off after they finished their performance because it was phenomenal and there was nothing that was going to be better than that. Stapleton is an amazing song writer, country artist, and it helps that he is a Kentucky boy. Timberlake stole the show.

• Back in my day!
      7:34 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Tell us more about how everything use to be better!

• Back in my day!
      7:34 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Back in my day we didn’t get those Pu$$y A$$ vaccines. We got Polio and were damm proud of it!

• Old soul
      8:53 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Etta James – i’d rather go blind, guitar rift with George Jones lyrics, it’s not pop

4. Henry Johnson
    7:27 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

Total disgrace to George Jones, i think i threw up twice watching it.

5. LexFlex
    8:01 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

If you can’t allow yourself to enjoy that, I honestly feel bad for you. Get over yourself! I guarantee that George Jones would have approved. He did some crossover material at times too!

6. Deja Vu
    8:25 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

In the spirit of Blurred LInes, et. al…. I give you this song’s predecessor – Etta James’ “I’d Rather Go Blind.”

7. UKfanNKY
    8:53 am November 5, 2015 Permalink

BEST part of the night!!! They killed it!!!