We are a week and a half away from the start of The Basketball Tournament, aka the TBT, and today, The Bluegrass Boys revealed their uniforms. It’s a little hard to tell from the picture above, but the replicas confirm there is checkerboard:
Like what you see? Follow the link below to look like the players on the court with a replica uniform of your own:
— Bluegrass Boys (@BluegrassBoys19) July 9, 2019
Of course. Last week, former Northern Kentucky star Drew McDonald joined the squad, which also includes Derek Willis, Dominique Hawkins, Josh Harrellson, Marcus Lee, Ramon Harris, and AJ Stewart. The Bluegrass Boys are organized by general manager Mark Krebs and coached by two-time NCAA champion Wayne Turner. They’ll serve as host team for the Lexington Regional, which takes place July 19-21 at Frederick Douglass High School. Games will be televised live on the ESPN networks.
Lexington Regional tickets can still be purchased at TheTournament.com with options for both daily and weekend passes. Here’s the bracket and schedule (game times subject to change):
Friday, July 19
- 3 p.m. – (3) Fort Wayne Champs vs. (6) Showtime (ESPN3)
- 5 p.m. – (1) Loyalty is Love vs. (8) Hoopville Warriors (ESPN3)
- 7 p.m. – (4) KBC vs. (5) Peoria All-Stars (ESPN3)
- 9 p.m. – (2) Bluegrass Boys (Kentucky) vs. (7) D2 (ESPN2)
Saturday, July 20
- 4 p.m. – Game 2 winner vs. Game 3 winner (ESPN2)
- 6 p.m. – Game 1 winner vs. Game 4 winner (ESPN2)
Sunday, July 21 – Regional Final
- 2 p.m. – Semifinal winners (ESPN)
The eight regional winners will advance to Championship Weekend in Chicago, which culminates with the winner-take-all $2 million championship game on August 6 (7 p.m. ET on ESPN).