The 31-point comeback at LSU is on ESPN Classic right now

Looking for a way to kill some time before the game?  Starting right now, ESPN Classic is showing the UK/LSU game from 1994, aka the “Mardi Gras Miracle.”

For our younger readers, that’s the game in which the Cats overcame a 31-point deficit in the second half to beat the Tigers in what many call the greatest comeback in college basketball history.  It’s quality stuff.  Go.

13 Comments for The 31-point comeback at LSU is on ESPN Classic right now

1. Juan4UK
    5:27 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Probably one of my top 3 most epic UK games ever.

2. Hal
    5:29 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

clarence caesar. what a name.

3. BigBlue37
    5:51 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Wish I could be watching that on my couch instead of having to work tonight

4. sdreed77
    5:59 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Still gives me chills.

5. Real Cracka
    6:01 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Best game I’ve ever watched. I remember exactly where I was too. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago. I made the mistake of going to a friends house to watch and he wasn’t a UK fan. He kept wanting to turn it thinking it was over. I was already mega-pissed from the game and him trying to turn it almost got him beat up. I finally said leave it on the game or I’m leaving. I’ve never gone from such an unbelievable low to an unbelievable high from any game. It was amazing.

6. Good one !
    6:09 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Like you were even watching the game when it happened TT. Trying way to hard to make it look like you know anything.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      6:15 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Pretty sure I was. I was nine, and my parents made me go to bed in the first half then woke me up for the end. One of my first big UK game memories.

Nice try, though.

• Piss Off. ..
      6:18 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

And you’re making it way “too” easy to prove you’re an asshole.

7. btowncatfan
    6:27 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Watching it right now, boy those were some fugly uniforms the Cats wore back then.

8. jim geralds
    6:47 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Seem like yesterday–what 3 point shooting–2 years later in 1996 they had 81 points at halftime against LSU–Antoine Walker had his dancing shoes on that night!!

9. bobofky
    7:51 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Recall, Dale Brown was the coach we loved to hate which made for the sweetest game ever. He had us seemingly inescapable in his clutches. His arrogance was palpable on TV. LSU threw the ball up and it was like the nylon was the ocean. They could not miss, surreal. A freak of nature unfolded but yet this could not be, it would not hold up, it could not.
    Then, down 31 with 10 minutes left in the game an eerie light befell the stage, stars had aligned, rivers reversed flow, tectonic plates shifted, thunderclaps of nature and beasts. Our small but mighty cats clawed back with a display of basketball beyond the scope of mere individuals. Our boys had achieved what has become legend through the ages, a TEAM born of fire. YES, BBN we can not win them all but the chosen fritter not.

• Kevin C.
      8:46 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

It was 31 with 15 min. left, not 10.

10. Danny T.
    8:47 pm January 28, 2014 Permalink

Dang, that team could shoot!