The 10 best photoshops of the Jameis Winston crab leg shoplifting incident

BmeooTNCEAAD8G5

It’s a relatively slow news day on the UK sports front, but that just means we can all laugh at Florida State star Jameis Winston some more. In case you missed it earlier, the Heisman Trophy winner was cited for shoplifting $32.72 worth of crab legs from a Tallahassee Publix on Tuesday night. Winston released a statement saying that “in a moment of youthful ignorance, I walked out of the store without paying for one of my items.” Right. And “chicken of the sea” really is just chicken. Right, Jessica Simpson?

As you can imagine, the story exploded on Twitter, with crab puns and photoshops flying left and right. I already shared the one above with you, but here are some more that made me chuckle:

14 Comments for The 10 best photoshops of the Jameis Winston crab leg shoplifting incident

1. The Loco Pollo
    5:20 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

Why not just link to the blogs that have already made this exact post like Saturdays Down South?

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      5:23 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

Why not whine and complain a little more about free content.

• Blue
      5:28 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

Mrs.T he is just being crabby so butter take it easy on the guy.

• me15nsa
      5:28 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

HAHAHAHAHA! I do believe that Loco needs to get in the kitchen and make Mrs. Tyler a sandwich.

2. Al/in/Indy
    5:22 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

FSU=Free Seafood U’all

3. Drunk Swanson
    5:27 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

I know the only “whine” Mrs. T wants comes from grapes – amiright? *slap hands*

4. Blue
    5:40 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

Well I suppose if you’re going to steal from a grocery store,make sure to lift something high end. I mean how embarrassing if he had taken a can of Vienna sausages?

5. arlo
    5:59 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

he’s just going to sidle out of it.

6. arlo
    6:01 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

or crawfish out of it.

7. giggity
    6:14 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

I like to pinch. Maybe little pinch?

8. stillHere
    6:24 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

Slightly disappointed Zoidberg hasn’t made an appearance yet – http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/109/1095877/futurama-season-6-20100609103053811.jpg

9. Systemhasfailedagain
    7:01 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

It just appears to me the system and hanger-ons destroy these highly talented kids. Literally this type of ridiculous behavior shows a complete lack of respect for people and themselves. This WILL hurt his pocketbook eventually and is simply embarrassing and will have long lasting ramifications.

Based on the year he has had off the court it seems painfully obvious that there is a great chance he will squander his talent and someday be forced to look back at what could have been. I believe this is a HIGH likelihood even after his NFL days are done. There is a reason that the vast, vast majority of professional athletes end their careers with nothing even though they made considerable amounts of money over a short period. I hate to see that.

Seriously, your blessed with amazing talent that will set you for life and all you have to do is work hard (which everybody does to achieve success) and not make IDIOTIC/illegal decisions. How can one possibly not understand that such a decision could cost you so much personally and professionally as well as embarrass yourself, your family and those around you.

He is an adult and bears the blame but I do think its sad that such individuals aren’t taught proper behavior and to use common sense.

Here’s to hoping he turns things around which would be my sincere hope for all in his similar situation.

10. orrrrrr
    11:09 pm April 30, 2014 Permalink

Oooorrrrr he just walked out without paying for all that was in his cart… cause no one has ever done that

• CatsfaninFL
      8:01 am May 1, 2014 Permalink

He got busted for this, but has been questioned by police for shooting out windows w/ a BB gun, “stealing” from a Burger King (seriously, how much coke do you have to take for employees to call the cops on you?), a sexual assault case that the Florida State Attorney essentially said the police botched the investigation… it’s all little stuff (well, outside the sexual assault), but at some point you have got to think it’s more than just “oops”.