Matt Norlander, a college basketball writer for CBSSports.com, is in New York for the second college basketball corruption trial and his tweets of the testimonies are electric.

My favorite so far is one about former Texas A&M star Robert Williams. You remember him, right? Big guy who came back for a second season when he was already projected as a first-round pick. We now know about some extracurricular activity that may have impacted his decision to play a sophomore season with the Aggies: he was already getting paid (allegedly, of course).

From Norlander’s juicy thread:

Here’s an all-timer: In 2017, then-Texas A&M asst Amir Abdur-Rahim met w/ Dawkins, Blazer + undercover agent to discuss paying then-A&M player Robert Williams. A pair of shoes were then allegedly purchased @ Cosmo in Vegas, stuffed with $11,000 and FedEx’ed to Williams. (@MattNorlander)

Racks stuffed in shoes and shipped via FedEx? Classic!

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Texas A&M’s Robert Williams received shoes with cash stuffed in them (allegedly)

1. BackinBlue
    5:02 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Idiots: we all know the cash goes in envelopes at the airports gessss

• Bluebloodtoo
      5:51 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, but the cash probably won’t fall out when the package opens. This is clearly a better plan.

• makeitstop
      6:42 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Well and Fedex is more reliable than Emory… Emory who?

2. nocode96
    5:12 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

In all of this, I still can’t really fault the kids. When I was 19/20, I’d take 11 grand in a heartbeat. I’m 37 now and if someone offered me an 11k bonus just to stay at my job another year I’d prolly shlt myself. The kids were mishandled by family, coaches, and whoever else. I’m not saying they’re innocent, they all knew what they were doing was TECHNICALLY wrong, but I don’t blame them one bit for getting paid. Apparently, according to the fine folks at the ncaa, it’s only wrong for kids at certain schools to break the rules any way.

• Bluebloodtoo
      5:50 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

The US military does this all the time and it’s perfectly legal. It’s called a re-enlistment bonus.

• nocode96
      6:07 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Our military peeps should be getting A LOT more of a bonus. Biggest use of money in the US, and many of them might, ya know, die. Personally, there’s a lot of stuff that sweet tax money could be better used for rather than a war machine, but the guys and gals signing up for service deserve every cent they get. It’s a shame the US govt doesn’t give two shlts about them after they come home with less limbs and enough psychological damage for 100 civilians.

• Luether
      6:44 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

You must be a Democ Rat…

• 4everUKblue
      7:09 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Luether, people like you are part of the problem…a big part!

• Calllikeiseeittheintelligentversion
      1:55 am April 26, 2019 Permalink

Liether don’t be stupid both sides are full of it. Today’s Republicans constantly use blasphemy by saying their Christian when it’s obvious their not as a tool to get voted in even though they hate the poor folks voting for them. People should realise that’s blasphemy and any one who succumbs to it is technically worshipping a false prophet.

3. Ridge Runner
    5:13 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

“Boogie Shoes” by KC and the Sunshine Band playin in the background…

• runningunnin.454
      5:54 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

LOL, nice.

• nocode96
      6:09 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Ridge, I just want to say I enjoy when you bust out songs that are relevant to the article. Whether you realize it or not, you do it relatively often, and it’s always spot on.

• kybirdieman
      6:28 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

More cash delivered by Fed Ex. Brings back memories o f My Fed Ex envelope. Better start using UPS.

4. Wilfred Smith
    6:34 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

If it had been an Emery package, it would have magically fallen open.

5. chrislarkey
    6:43 pm April 25, 2019 Permalink

Please mention dook

6. Calllikeiseeittheintelligentversion
    1:55 am April 26, 2019 Permalink

Who wants to play in Texas anyway

7. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree