Terrence Clarke includes Kentucky in final six, sets decision date

Photo: Jon Lopez/Nike

Photo: Jon Lopez/Nike

Kentucky might be on the fringe of landing its first basketball commitment for the class of 2021.

And very soon, he just might become the third commit for the class of 2020.

Terrence Clarke, the No. 2 prospect in the class of 2021, cut his list down to six this afternoon and included the Wildcats.

The final list? Kentucky, Duke, Memphis, Boston College, Texas Tech, and UCLA.

In even bigger news, Clarke told Evan Daniels of 247Sports that he would be announcing his college decision on September 14.

And why is the timing of this news significant? This week alone, Kentucky has picked up four picks on his Crystal Ball, while Corey Evans of Rivals.com also submitted a FutureCast in favor of the Wildcats. UK has 100% of all picks on both sites.

To put the icing on the cake, sources tell KSR that Clarke is actively pursuing a reclassification to the class of 2020, even despite the academic hurdles he would have to clear to make it happen. And after hearing from an individual close to the 6-foot-7 guard’s high school over the last few months that there may not be enough time to fit two full years of coursework in one academic year, sources now tell KSR that Clarke believes he has found a path to reclassification. If he can make it work, the strong expectation is that he ends up in the class of 2020.

A consensus top-four recruit, Rivals.com lists Clarke as the No. 2 prospect in the nation, while 247Sports has him ranked No. 3 overall, followed by ESPN at No. 4 overall.

By the looks of things, Kentucky’s streak of missing out on top-three prospects is coming to an end.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

20 Comments for Terrence Clarke includes Kentucky in final six, sets decision date

1. UKLugo
    3:33 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Hopefully, this isnt Zion Williamson all over again. Ive heard that mom favors Duke. This kid is special. It sounds like a decision has been made.

• Cletis75
      4:59 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

I am sure a lot of Moms favor duke. Lion’s family was given a very expensive home to live in right off campus, and who knows what else.

2. StuckinLville
    3:48 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Was watching some video of him and he definitely needs to work on a quicker release. Hopefully he’ll give us good news that Saturday. Same day as Florida!

3. Catcasey1
    4:07 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Believe it when we see it but fingers crossed

4. eyebleedblue
    4:08 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Memphis is cheating.

• 4everUKblue
      4:39 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

So is dUKe.

• 4everUKblue
      4:40 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

And K is about to buy Mama a new house just like Zion’s Mama.

• grammarpoliceUK
      8:32 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

And for some reason, with the way he moves, K reminds me of that Sesame Street character Mr. Snuffleupagus lol

5. UKFanSC
    4:20 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Wow !! I hope this happens, but the family has had some Duke leanings from prior articles I’ve read. Getting all of these recent crystal ball predictions however sends a very optimistic signal

6. mashman 93
    4:53 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Hey Jack, how does this affect us with Green and Christopher?

7. ColoradoCatFan88
    5:17 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

If we get Clarke, which would be great news, there’s no way we get Green, is there!? I’m assuming Christopher is ours, so with him, Boston & Clarke, surely Green would almost be forced to go elsewhere. If Cal somehow pulled it off & reeled in all four, that would be the most shocking thing he’s ever done as far as recruiting.

• RAGE
      5:20 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

I was thinking this also Colorado… I like to see Cal pull this off but man that would be a crowded backcourt

• IrishCat
      6:02 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Some combination of Whitney, Brooks and Juzang will probably be back too, and there’s also Dontaie Allen. I’m with you in thinking that we won’t get Clarke and Green, and if that’s the choice, I’ll take Clarke. We need to lock up some bigs!

• Cokely53
      7:22 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

I’m just glad he isn’t drawing his recruitment out. All these guys we think we have locked up and have to wait months for a commitment and then we don’t get them. Sounds positive so far tho. I’m a bird in hand kind of guy so if we get Clarke I’d be happier than hoping on green and having to wait.

8. mashman 93
    6:01 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

If you can only have one who you taking Green or Clarke?

9. BobbyBlue
    6:06 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Worries me that we’d lose one of Green & Christopher, and then Clark stays in 2021 and goes straight to the league if the NBA changes the rule— Dayumm, I suppose other schools dream of such a quandary

10. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    9:55 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

This is the best recruiting news in a while!! BBN wanted a phenom like a AD and Wall, here he is! Clarke is my favorite hs recruit regardless of class! And how Cal likes big PG, at 6’7 he’s exactly that mold. Now we need some big men bc I have a good feeling come commitment day, he’s also reclassifying