Tennessee Cornerback Adrian Huey Commits to Kentucky

@AdrianHuey_

@AdrianHuey_

Kentucky went to the state of Tennessee to pick up its 14th commitment in the 2021 recruiting class.

Adrian Huey, a three-star cornerback from Hillsboro High School in Nashville, announced his commitment to the University of Kentucky Wednesday evening. Huey chose the Wildcats over his home state school of Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas and Mississippi State, the long-time favorite in his recruitment.

Recruited by Steve Clinkscale, 247 Sports ranks Huey as the No. 69 cornerback in America and the 21st-ranked player from the state of Tennessee. Listed at just over 5-foot-10 inches tall and 160 pounds, Huey boasts a 4.38 40-yard dash. Last season he recorded 57 tackles and did not allow a touchdown reception. In addition to defensive duties, Huey also plays offense and returns kicks for Hillsboro High.

Kentucky’s first commitment from the Volunteer State is the second defensive back in the 2021 recruiting class, joining North Hardin safety Jordan Lovett. The new addition moves the Cats’ 2021 class up almost nine spots in 247 Sports’ recruiting rankings to No. 40 overall. Watch some his best work to date in his junior highlight reel below.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

16 Comments for Tennessee Cornerback Adrian Huey Commits to Kentucky

1. BigBluSoTru
    9:11 pm July 22, 2020 Permalink

OMG we are getting done another elite Db recruit and he is the 69th ranked player in the country who would have thought Uk has multiple top 70 players .

• Catphn3
      11:09 pm July 22, 2020 Permalink

He is the 69th best corner in the country. The 69th best player would be at least a 4 star recruit

• ClutchCargo
      1:27 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

Pay no attention to this idiot. Similar comments to all positive football news.

• Catphn3
      1:45 pm July 23, 2020 Permalink

If anyone is an idiot here it is the original poster for either not completely reading the article or not comprehending what they were reading, and you for defending that and assuming my comment was negative. The 69th best corner is a very good get, I am excited he chose UK over the other big-time schools on his list. But the fact remains that he is the 69th best corner and not the 69th best player.

I am also not sure what you mean by “Similar comments to all positive football news” since I hardly ever post comments on anything on this site.

• 4everUKBlue
      8:05 am July 24, 2020 Permalink

@Catphn3, I think Clutch was referring to the original commenter as the idiot and that he post similar comments to all positive football news.

2. JASUN74
    9:54 pm July 22, 2020 Permalink

Chill out brother. I don’t know if you’re being real or maybe you’re a kid and are just excited. Lol. He’s the number 69th ranked player at his position. Not overall. I’m tickled to death to have him and he’s a tough player who has top level speed. He can definitely become a great player for us in a couple years and I believe he’s got a little cocky in him that’ll help give the DB room and the team some more confidence.

But again, you’re just reading things like you want them to read and it makes us look dumber than a shiiit sandwich. Haha. Again, If you’re 12, carry on. But if not, maybe calm down a little bit and chill just a tad. . This is a good pickup though and he’s got some special stuff that you just can’t teach, he’ll need some time to hit the field, but he’s got the “IT” you look for in a corner. I do Love that you’re excited about the Cats as I am but I just can’t tell if you’re acting or not. Hey, you be you my brother. Go Cats!!

3. csnailnrun
    10:26 pm July 22, 2020 Permalink

Welcome to LEXINGTON friend.

Side note, can anyone share the FULL 2018 Florida game on here? Of all the full games on YouTube, this game seems to have been deleted from the www. I found it last year and even YouTube has deleted from my history.

• TWillrocks
      11:21 pm July 22, 2020 Permalink

Yes I did.

• csnailnrun
      7:39 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

Can you share the link on here TWillrocks?

• 4everUKBlue
      11:23 pm July 22, 2020 Permalink

Me too but it’s on an external hard drive.

• TWillrocks
      8:11 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

I also saved it to a drive. If you want to create a burner email account I think I can email it to you using mailbigfile.com when I get back to lexington next week.

4. VinDatuk
    12:35 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

Everyone hung up on stars and position ranking, remember most teams play three CB’s. There’s 14 teams in the SEC, 15 in the ACC, and 14 in the Big Ten. This kid is considered good enough to at least crack the two deep rotation in these conferences. Toss in the Big 12 and Pac 12 and this is a big get.

5. bbn606
    5:51 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

With his speed, I see him being used as a return man also.

• ClutchCargo
      9:05 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

Agree. He doesn’t necessarily fit the mold of the typical CB in Stoops’ defense. But there is always a place for somebody with that kind of speed and athleticism.

6. michaelb
    10:44 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

The staff has really done well with our secondary … do y’all remember how scared we were of it before the season started – it wound up being the best part of the defense

7. BigBluSoTru
    11:20 am July 23, 2020 Permalink

I just read 69th ranked didnt see by position still a top 70 player by position is a great get.