Tax-slaying, Valpo and a moral dilemma (Tuesday Show Thread)

ksr-logo

Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond are taking over the airwaves this morning for two hours of Kentucky Sports Radio radio.

They’ll talk Valpo, bowling and discuss a moral dilemma. Definitely tune in.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

31 Comments for Tax-slaying, Valpo and a moral dilemma (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. CATandMONKEY
    10:20 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Moral dilemma? When UofL and Duke play, the only acceptable outcome is a mutual forfeit.

• Realme
      10:26 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Or a natural disaster.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

I always hope for a massive sinkhole….

• runningunnin.454
      10:42 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Sinkhole is good…..and the lights go out.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Think about it, a sinkhole would rid us of both teams, their coaching staffs, and a portion of at least one of their fanbases. Win – win.

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Giant meteor would be more spectacular, but also produce more collateral damage. 😀

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:55 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

So can we just compromise on an asteroid strike that hits exactly on the former site of the arena, which falls into a sinkhole only seconds before impact?

2. Souf beach Lou
    10:25 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Austin is the most overrated city in the usa. Super douchey, and more hype than anything else. However if you guys pass through to Vegas you should try and pass through Marfa Tx. Matt would like that place.

• ClutchCargo
      10:36 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Austin is pretty overrated, I’ve always thought that. Give me the Metroplex or San Antonio any day over Austin.

• Souf beach Lou
      11:11 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

I really enjoyed San Antonio. The people were really nice, food was excellent text mex style, thought it was really great. San Antonio is my favorite city in Texas easily. Austin has become Brooklyn without the multiculturalism which I guess makes it Portland! Lol its a cleaner Portland with better weather, but honestly was not impressed compared to the hype.

• rickwhitetx
      11:23 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

I agree, Austin sucks. All y’all just stay out. We’ve got enough people down here already, we don’t need any more.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:57 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

San Antonio is awesome. The Riverwalk is beautiful and the Alamo is one of the most special places in America.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:55 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

When you look at the sheer number of galaxies out there, IMO the odds are that there is some form of intelligent life out there. Probably so far away that we would never encounter each other, but still there nonetheless. When you start thinking this Carl Sagan stuff that talks about galaxies being millions of light years away, to the point that the stars that we gaze at could have vanished thousands of years ago, and we are just viewing the light that is just now reaching us, it makes our daily lives seem pretty insignificant. Deep thoughts after my third cup of coffee. 😉

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

I was thinking the same thing. It’s almost statistically impossible that Earth has the only life in the universe. Even if you narrow it down to only planets in the “goldilocks zone” that are likely to support life, there are millions of planets out there that have the potential to support life. At least some of them have to have life of some kind.

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:59 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

It is also probable that we are not advanced enough to even recognize what the rest of the universe would consider intelligent life.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Ryan speaks the truth! (NOT Ryan Lemond… 🙂 )

5. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

If Bam continues to try those patsy watsy layups, we are going to have to revoke his nickname.

• Realme
      11:06 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

He should never not dunk. Speaking of bigs who miss easy shots, will Isaac ever get a put back? Any time he gets an offensive rebound, I just assume he’ll miss. I want to see guys like him get important playing time, but they seem to like to shoot themselves in the foot.

• Sentient Third Eye
      1:00 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

“Looks like Bam Bam, dunks like Pebbles”? He has to work on that. Too much talent for wussy finishing moves.

6. Not Dan Issel
    11:00 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Is there some way to keep these press conference videos from auto-playing everytime I open the KSR website? Getting awfully tired of seeing the page take a jump 10 articles down to a press conference from a day or two ago.

• symphonist41169
      11:15 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

While we’re at it, could we get rid of ALL auto-playing videos including (and especially) advertisements? If I want to watch a trailer for a movie I’ll play it for myself, thanks. It would help the pages load much faster and help avoid freezes. Thanks!

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Install an ad-blocker.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

I agree, auto-play videos are the scourge of the internet.

7. J-Dub421
    11:41 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Of course the Cavs go to Liggins for defense. That’s why they hired him!

8. RealCatsFan
    11:43 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

So, does Lamar Jackson resemble brussel sprouts, or maybe broccoli? I vote for broccoli, with his hairstyle.

Bobby Petrino could be used if your kid hates hot dogs. 🙂

• ukjaybrat
      11:54 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

comments like these are why i hate not being able to listen to the show live.
      I can usually infer from context what is going on… but this? i don’t have a chance with this…

• RealCatsFan
      12:02 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

They were talking about using UofL sports figures as a substitute name for things that your kids hate.

• ukjaybrat
      12:05 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

hmm… that’d be tough for me. the only thing my kid doesn’t like is hot dogs (what kid doesn’t like hot dogs!?!?)

she likes brushing teeth, going to bed, reading, and just about all foods that aren’t hot dogs.

9. J-Dub421
    11:50 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

I could not ride in a car with Matt. His taste in music is terrible.

• Realme
      11:53 am December 6, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, it would be torture.

10. RealCatsFan
    12:00 pm December 6, 2016 Permalink

Good thing the kangaroo boxing dud didn’t mess with this mutha…