Tate Frazier and Mark Titus host KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

Welcome The Ringer‘s own Tate Frazier and Mark Titus to the big seats on today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio. The college basketball writers/podcasters will be on to talk about their undying love for Indiana, Ohio State and North Carolina basketball, and hopefully they don’t run too many of you off in the process.

If they get too hard on Kentucky, call in and blast back at (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

70 Comments for Tate Frazier and Mark Titus host KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    9:59 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Not sure what to expect from today’s show. I like Titus, don’t know the other guy, but hope thy don’t dwell a lot on their respective fandoms.

• Bleedblueky
      11:09 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I’d say these trolls are the WORST guest hosts ever and hope Matt won’t invite them back again FOREVER.

• Bleedblueky
      11:22 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

GREAT JOB FAKE BARNEY TO TROLL BACK THESE TWO JERKS 🙂

2. John Henry
    10:07 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Ohio State ? Indiana? North Carolina? No thank you. I will go fishing

• I agree. I’m off today and I might check in occasionally.

• Bleedblueky
      11:05 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Apparently Matt made a very bad decision to invite these two terrible big mouth talkers to keep trashing our basketball program, coaches & BBN 🙁 I am out.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:12 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

What is an IU/OSU fan…is that a commuter college like IUPUI or IPFW?
    AND, the University of No Classes…
    Was Charles Manson busy, couldn’t get anybody from ISIL or the Tally Band?

4. Realme
    10:15 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

So is it morally wrong for a coach to focus on recruiting? Is that the point they’re trying to make?

5. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Are these guys being dickbags to try to get laughs, or are they just that way?

6. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Looks like it’s about time to pull the earbud out.

7. Realme
    10:18 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

On another note, this is weird. Matt Elam cannot prove his loudest critic wrong. If he makes something out of his senior year, then McElroy was right, he should have been doing more all along. If he continues to underachieve, then McElroy was right, he failed to live up to what he should have been.

8. RSaunders
    10:18 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Click — Bye

9. jomani
    10:19 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Y’all get triggered almost as easily as our President. Toughen up snowflakes!

• RealCatsFan
      10:33 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

“Snowflakes”? Is that supposed to make us mad or something? 😀

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Oh, I can take a joke; but can these guys take a joke?
      Speaking of triggered, I printed their pictures off KSR because I needed some targets for my .454

10. henderblue
    10:20 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

WHY?WHY would you bring on someone who is a hater of UK basketball? Bye. They suck already

11. Interesting tidbit: our local morning guys down here are in Bham for Media Days. This morning they interviewed Marcus Spears, and he said that Matt Elam hasn’t been effective because the game has changed. He then said “The days of Terrence Coty are over”, then mentioned how quick and athletic O linemen are now. So, it sounds like he thinks Elam wouldn’t have done well at Bama either. That’s funny since Saban wanted him so badly too.

I turned the radio on in the middle of that particular conversation, so I don’t know that he was totally trying to take heat off Elam, but it was interesting for sure.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I wonder if Elam would have done better on the defensive line. Seems like you don’t have to be quite as quick and athletic as you do on the OL. Just my take on it…

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I hate to agree with McElroy about elam, but I think he’s right. Elam simply hasn’t put in the work. It’s a shame he’s wasting his talent.

• Stoops basically said the same thing as McElroy last year, but just used different words when he said things like “It’s up to Matt to lose weight and put the work in,” or something similar.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

It really frustrates me to watch guys waste their talent by not putting in the work. That’s why I was always annoyed with Derek Willis. It took him three years to figure it out. He could have been a first round draft pick if he had started putting in the work earlier.

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Isn’t Elam a DT?

• RealCatsFan
      12:33 pm July 12, 2017 Permalink

Good Gawd, 454, you are right! I am trying to do actual work while listening and posting on the site. Let my work distract me from KSR again! 🙂 Yes, and I was actually meaning to say that on the OL you are acting more like an immovable object rather than as an attacker, so my thinking is that Elam might serve better in that role. Jeesh, where is my coffee?

12. damage_control
    10:25 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Every year we get this type guest host. Last year it was PFT & Big Cat. I wonder if they’re going to sue for ripping off their material. I guess as long as they stay away from Wisconsin they’re safe. BBN doesn’t need these people to say nice things about Cal or UK as long as your interesting or entertaining. These guys are neither. Giving the same bland, worn out cliche takes is lazy.

13. Realme
    10:25 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

You know what these guys need? Matt to teach them how to make a logical argument. Or an interesting one.

14. CATSfaninColorado
    10:28 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Lasted about 2 minutes with these guys. I don’t mind having some opposing team fans but can they at least be Funny. PMT is great, Sklar Bros are great but these guys are the opposite of funny. Do they come from NPR or something? Matt has really dropped the ball with some of these guest hosts. I am looking forward to the football coaches and the Sklar Brothers. I’ll give anyone a chance but these two might be worse than that idiot from Cincinnati who complained about Stoops not coming on his show.

15. katfan33
    10:29 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

It never ceases to amaze me how petty some UK fans can be. It’s ok to hear opinions from other people that don’t worship UK basketball. Good god man!! The redneck people of Kentucky are embarrassing. It’s just a sports talk radio show.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

So how well do you think these guys would have gone over well on Captain Suntan’s show if they were talking smack about the KatHo fiasco? Or maybe on a UNC show lampooning the fake AFAM classes? Maybe they could go on Duke’s show and ask why K seems to choke half the time in the early rounds of the tournament? (at least those years when he doesn’t have olive branches laid down to pave his way to the championship game)

• Realme
      10:33 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

There are plenty of sound criticisms opposing fans make to criticize Cal or our program. These guys just haven’t made any of them. Cal recruits too much. You all have the wrong opinion about Ashley Judd. It’s just not interesting or sensible.

• Booby Petrino
      11:01 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I don’t listen but based on what I’m reading, sounds like they suck. Yeah, it’s “just a sports talk radio show”…and it’s one that’s geared towards and mostly listened to by UK fans but apparently they have someone trolling UK hosting. So I can understand why people want them to stop bashing UK, and you calling them rednecks doesn’t make their points any less valid.

• katfan33
      11:33 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

These guys are fun! It’s nice to have different opinions of UK besides “UK is the greatest at everything”. Look, I live in Kentucky, it’s a poor, mostly uneducated, fly over state, full of hillbilly rednecks. So when a grown man calls in and says “Y’all suck, what gives you the right to talk about UK” I’m calling him what he is… A redneck!

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

“Cal’s just a recruiter and can’t coach!” Yeah, that’s a super insightful and original hot take right there. Never heard that one before.

• runningunnin.454
      11:59 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Proud to be a redneck, and you obviously don’t understand the “real” origin of the word.
      Look up UMWA in Eastern Kentucky and Matewan W.Va. in the 20’s and 30’s.
      Takes courage to take on automatic weapons with revolvers and squirrel guns.

16. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Oh boy, here we go. 😀

17. J-Dub421
    10:30 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I don’t want more 4 year players though. Any coach who says they don’t want the one and done players we get is a liar. I like winning. Cal wins. We make deep tournament runs almost every year. Our players go to class and do lots of charity work. What more can you reasonably ask of your coach?

• Realme
      10:35 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

We just graduated 2 loved 4 year players, that actually played and contributed.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

True, but the days of having a team full of 4 year guys where no one leaves early for the NBA are gone and never coming back.

• damage_control
      10:37 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Exactly real me- we have just enough 3/4 yr guys.

• Realme
      10:37 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Yep and I don’t want that back either. But if I could have one Darius or Dominique on the team every year, I’d love that.

• J-Dub421
      10:42 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m not knocking the 4 year guys, just the opinion that no players should leave early. There are some people who HATE the one and done thing and think everyone should stay 4 years out of loyalty to the school. Towns, Davis, Wall, Cousins, etc. did not need anymore time in college. Which is why I said we don’t need MORE 4 year players. We have a good balance of 1 year and 2-4 year guys. If you don’t have some NBA talent on your team, you are not winning a title.

18. runningunnin.454
    10:32 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Lol, one guy is a fan of schools with the most miserable human beings as coaches in history. One throws chairs, chokes players, and molests women and the other (Woody Hayes) punches players on the opposing team.
    The other guy is NC…congrats on the longest running scandal in NCAA history; 20 years is quite a milestone.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Will someone PLEASE call in and get their take on the AFAM scandal?

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Wouldn’t do any good; they’re like UL….they don’t see anything wrong with it.

19. Realme
    10:36 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m out. Not because they’ve said anything bad. Because I’m bored.

• Realme
      10:44 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I’m on my last saved up from vacation episode of KSR that I haven’t heard yet. Sure hope the Sklars have come up with some new material besides 15 second jokes and Conway Twitty. I gotta have KSR to listen to at my desk between 10-12 or the whole day is just off.

20. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    10:50 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

These dudes have no content material but, Rick Pitino, dig at UK fans, Rick Pitino, bash UK fans, Rick Pitino Scandal, dig at UK fans. Im all for jokes, but make them funny at least and have a little more material to carry a conversation/topic and not have to turn to Pitino stuff. We know more about Pitino scandals than these two could imagine, so bring something new to the table (see what I did there Porcinis)

21. Realme
    10:52 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Can I comment on the show I’m listening to (Wolken) instead of today’s? He’s talking about buying kitchen gadgets and then never using them. I’m dying to buy an air fryer. Anyone ever used one?

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I have not, sorry.

• Booby Petrino
      11:02 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

I haven’t but I have been curious about them for years!

• John Henry
      12:18 pm July 12, 2017 Permalink

I had my favorite meal, crab cakes, prepared by an air fryer. Worst meal of my life. If you cook something with one you better pour on the salt and seasoning because it is bland and then some. I will never eat a meal prepared by an air fryer again. At my age I am not worried about cooking with oil or bacon grease. Taste is all I worry about at this point in my life.

22. J-Dub421
    10:56 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

We know the NCAA tournament uses geography for seeding idiot. The point is that that’s stupid and screws all the east coast teams because the west is weak.

• Realme
      11:00 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

This is the problem with today’s hosts. They want to lightly troll and get a conversation going, but the average listener knows more than they do, has talked about their topics extensively already, so they can’t bring anything to the table for us.

23. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

So if K decided that he wanted to move the Duke/UNC series to the stadium where the Hornets play, would he catch one tenth as much crap as Cal gets for wanting the UK/IU game in a neutral site? I think not.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

UK and IU played at neutral sites for YEARS!!! They played in Indianapolis or at Freedom Hall in Louisville, alternating sites from 1991 to 2005 (I looked it up).

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

We are not going back to that decrepit cracker box in Bloomington….people need to understand that.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Everyone acts like there’s no precedent for neutral site games. There is.

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Went to an IU-UK game at Freedom Hall in the early ’70’s. We lost because they had a stud named Downing. After the game, I caught Rupp’s eye and said “Good game, Coach”.
      He stared at me, and said “What did you like about it”? I said “it was a good game”.
      He then said, ” You’re right”.

24. I would have liked more football talk today with UK being up in Bham. Someone broadcasting live from there would be great. Maybe more football talk tomorrow. Who’s hosting?

• Realme
      11:02 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Depth chart pod from the road has been good. Not live obviously, but Freddie and Nick are doing one every day.

25. runningunnin.454
    11:00 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Guy doesn’t understand HS basketball; Indiana produces more great players than Kentucky because they have more metropolitan areas with greater population.
    Does IN or NC produce more great players than New York, Illinois, or California……No.

26. J-Dub421
    11:16 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Willie was drafted 6th, not 6th. He was a three year player who was ranked like 50th coming out of high school. But sure, Cal doesn’t know how to coach big men. The three best Bigs in the NBA are former Cats but Cal can’t coach bigs…

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

*6th, not 7th. I was so fired up I typo’d.

• runningunnin.454
      11:20 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Obviously, he can’t coach point guards either….ha ha ha ha.

27. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Fake Barney to the rescue!

28. JessamineScotty
    11:19 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

On vacation in Perdido….turned on my KSR only to hear these two assbags. Holy crap, they arent even funny. Matt I appreciate your vacation time, but dude come on. You didnt consider J Rock over these asshats?

29. J-Dub421
    11:20 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Rashad McCant-read. The Carolina way.

30. CB3UK
    11:28 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

SEC Media Days aee ongoing this week…..enough basketball crap.

31. ukkatzfan
    12:41 pm July 12, 2017 Permalink

UK connection or I ain’t listening. I found that is the standard. I didn’t turn it on today and won’t til next week when there is the UK connection.