Talking the OJ Show and getting ready for Tennessee (Wednesday Show Thread)

Did you watch “The People vs. OJ Simpson” last night? I started it, drifted off after they spent so much time on the Kardashian kids in the first segment, so I’ll be watching the rest tonight. If you did see it, tune in for some discussion on today’s show, along with a preview of tomorrow night’s game vs. Tennessee.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

52 Comments for Talking the OJ Show and getting ready for Tennessee (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    9:54 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

i haven’t left the house in four straight days. got a little stir crazy taking care of sick kids. I caught up on all the podcasts this morning. looking forward to a great show today.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:17 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Hope all the kids are now in great health. Been there recently with strep/mono combo with my eldest. Podcasts saved my sanity.

• ukjaybrat
      10:23 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

thanks !

2. Cat House
    9:55 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

I really do not want to relive the OJ crap.

3. UK_JB
    10:02 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

New computer! Equals late.

Haven’t watched the new OJ show yet.

4. secrick
    10:09 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Any one know what time the game is Sat.?

• ukjaybrat
      10:13 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Thursday @ 7:00 Tennessee
      Saturday @ 6:30 @Texas A&M

5. TomTraubertsBlues
    10:17 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

They added Oklahoma and Virginia Matt, not Iowa and West Virginia.

6. Realme
    10:18 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Greenberg had a good thought this morning on the Leach Report. If a coach earns a second technical to get ejected, it should have to come from a different ref than the one who issued the first. Would help with the ref ego problem.

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

This sounds like a good and reasonable idea, therefore, I’m sure the NCAA will never enact it.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:27 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Jdub, please stop making sense. The moderation bot will soon be on your case.

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:25 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

The government has been giving it to us through the back door for at least 100 years. No need for any company to give The Man any more back door access.
    As an Android user I fully support Apple in this instance.

• Realme
      10:31 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Me too. I’m surprised that people would be wary of the technology, but not of the government having it. Have we already forgotten when the IRS was going after organizations for being on one side politically?

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. The government doesn’t need constant access to everyone’s information. We seem to be headed towards the “thought police” like in Minority Report.

• RealCatsFan
      10:37 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

You can add the health care insurance industry to that long list of backdoor penetrators. Turned 50 last year, so I was due for the old garden hose where the sun don’t shine trick. It is preventative, so supposed to be 100% covered. But they have a nice little back door clause (pun intended) that says if they find anything at all, it is magically changed to a diagnostic status and now I have to pay for he whole procedure. I can understand having to pay for the part that is not included in the regular procedure, but come on – they have us all by the short hairs, and they are laughing all the way to the bank. And I work for a DME, so I know the angle from the provider side of things – the insurance companies are like getting blood from a turnip. Yet they keep jacking up our rates! Rant over.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:40 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

I grew up in perhaps the last generation that valued privacy. No FB, no Twitter for me. I am very well versed in the use of both- my younger wife remains oblivious to the perils of giving all personal details to the entire world just to get 100 likes for a cute photo of our kids.

Remember when there were no answering machines? We could be gone all weekend and have no anxiety nor expectation to have to respond to whomever may have attempted to contact us. I NEVER wanted to be one of the “ah the good ol’ days” guys, but here I am. But damn, I will never give up my streaming music, videos or instant searches. Ò˜º

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

The healthcare industry is very broken, and there are no easy answers on how to fix it.

Technology is great, but I don’t understand the need of the current generation to publicize every aspect of their lives. Does the world really need to know what you had for lunch? My facebook account is set to friends only, and I only accept friend requests from people I actually know.

• My take on the Apple thing: the government is already unconstitutionally spying on us, so why should we trust them? As Oscar Combs used to say in TCP, “‘Nuff said”.

8. chrisycat
    10:30 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

any chance UL would go after Kenny Payne for head coach??

• CATandMONKEY
      10:32 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

As Matt has stated, no. UofL, despite what many of us want to acknowledge, is a top 7-10 basketball program. No way they hire a coach that has zero head coaching experience and a no successful track record.

• Realme
      10:33 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Hope not. Would hate to see him go back to the dark side.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

I highly doubt it given that KP doesn’t have any head coaching experience.

• ukjaybrat
      10:36 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

doubtful

IF he were even on the list, there are plenty of names ahead of his on the list. ul will look to hire someone that has proven success in the position already. My guess is they will target gregg marshall or brad stevens as number the 1 option.

• Aren’t the Celtics playing pretty well?

• ukjaybrat
      11:40 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

i didn’t say he would accept, just saying he would be high on the list

9. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

John Short sawing logs live on the radio! That is golden!! πŸ˜€

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

True story – my wife, lovely as she is, can saw with the best of lumberjacks. She never believed me when I would tell her. So one night when she was aurally assaulting me, I grabbed my phone and called her work number, and left her a voice mail. She never denied it again. And yes, somehow I survived the experience. πŸ˜‰

• CATandMONKEY
      10:42 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Your bravery…or drunkenness is unparalleled. Bravo!

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

CandM, she took it pretty well. Said she’s glad she did not play her messages back on speaker phone.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:51 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

So with Sirmons no longer reffing UK games, do our odds of winning the championship improve a couple points?

• Realme
      10:52 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

SEC won’t pick the refs when we get to that point. If the NCAA lets him back in next month, I will throw up.

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

The odds of me screaming obscenities at my TV went down considerably.

• I’ll always wonder about the Wisconsin game now that I know Sirmons’ history. I didn’t know about him at the time. Oh what might have been…

11. CATandMONKEY
    11:00 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Matt’s podcasts are fantastic.

I shall reiterate my Offer to provide at least a C-note towards adult refreshments for the podcast participants of a truly uncensored Billy Gillespie podcast…Especially if the cast remains similar to the original KSR uncensored podcast, forvwhich I gladly ponied up $2.50.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

I still really want a tell-all book by the players who played for him at UK.

• Realme
      11:08 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

We never did get to hear from that diary that Matt said he had. I forget which player it was from.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

It was Dusty somebody. His last name escapes me at the moment. That could be used as a base for the tell-all book, with added contributions from Meeks, Harrellson, Jasper, Legion, etc. You know the stories would be epic.

12. JMac720
    11:06 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

For the sake of discussion…. Kenny Payne gets a HC job next year. Who does Cal fill the position with??

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

No clue, it could be anyone.

13. JoeMoney333
    11:14 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Tom Jurich is Matt’s source. He’s never leaving and Matt will always been in the loop. #ConspiracyTruth

• ukjaybrat
      11:42 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

well if everyone else gets replaced next year and matt still has a source… we will have a good idea πŸ˜‰

14. houndstooth
    11:42 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Anyone want some Count Dracula for breakfast?

• RealCatsFan
      12:05 pm February 17, 2016 Permalink

You mean Count Chocula?

15. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Ha! Opposing fan bases will chant “Transy Sucks!” Go with Vincent the Vampire, in honor of the master of horror, Vincent Price.

• houndstooth
      11:46 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

we are transy “we suck” says alike the go to chant- almost as as good as ” we don’t drink, we don’t smoke Norfolk Norfolk rah rah rah.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

It should be Vlad, after Vlad the Impaler, upon whom the Dracula legend is based.

16. TherealBluemanchew
    11:45 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

This Apple conversation is a complete waste of time, Apple has already hacked into the phone and given the government the info they needed. They will not say no to this administration. They gave Obama a special phone, and most Apple people are liberals, they don’t want to look bad when the info leaks. So Obama said let’s make it look like Apple is fighting this.

17. houndstooth
    11:47 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

How about ” We are Transy- Bite This!”

18. houndstooth
    11:49 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think the Transy female students would get too many dates with t-shirts that say “we are transy- we don’t suck”

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am February 17, 2016 Permalink

Should it say “watch the teeth” on the back? πŸ˜€