Talking NBA decisions (Wednesday Show Thread)

On Wednesday’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio, it’s a full house in the studio as all four of your favorite KSR personalities are on air today to discuss the impending decisions of PJ Washington, Jarred Vanderbilt and Wenyen Gabriel.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

58 Comments for Talking NBA decisions (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. “Should they stay or should they go?”

2. ClutchCargo
    9:58 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

If they say that they are ours, we’ll be here til the end of time.

3. Booby Petrino
    10:00 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Come on back, boys. Gonna be a heck of a season!

4. Realme
    10:02 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Is there really something they don’t know about their decisions right now, that they will know 12 hours from now? Come on fellas.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:11 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

The negative ned in me thinks that at least 2 out of the 3 are going to the draft. Hope I’m wrong. 🙁

6. On a serious note, that pic makes we wonder, again, how valuable SKJ would be depending on who we lose. I don’t think all 3 are coming back. We’re never that lucky, except for maybe 14-15 when Willie and the twins all came back.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

SKJ jumped ship too soon. That was really disappointing.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I know people will disagree with me, but I feel like if Cal had just given SKJ just a little bit of PT down the stretch of his freshman season and a little more last season he might have stayed. I just get the feeling that Cal made his mind up about the kid midway through his freshman year that he didn’t have “IT”, and concentrated his efforts developing other players. Obviously, I’m not on the inside so there might have been a lot more to it than that. But it sure would be nice to get some of these kids that we all figured as 3 or 4-year players to hang around. That’s a real problem if that trend continues.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

But he was getting quality minutes at the end of last year.

• Realme
      10:23 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I think you’re right, RCF, but I also think Cal may have had good reasons. It came out as he looked for a new school that he hadn’t been making good enough grades. That, and perhaps how hard or not hard the coaching staff saw him working on the court may have dictated that.

7. Realme
    10:25 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I have very fond memories of Uncle Julius, and will happily take another 5th year transfer.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Especially a big guy; but, why are we so optimistic we can get the Stanford guy? He could stay with the Cardinal.

• Realme
      10:30 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Well apparently some rando on Twitter has multiple sources…

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

If his name is Luether, don’t trust his sources.

• Realme
      10:40 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Correction, the reporter is not a rando. He’s verified and has 54k followers.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Somebody doesn’t trust Luether’s auditory paracusias.
      But now I see a KSR article citing some Yahoo NBA “insider” predicting the Stanford guy to UK. Be nice to have a big bruiser.

• Matt was saying what I’m thinking. The Stanford guy (I think that’s who he was talking about) might be waiting to see who stays.

The BIG question: will he be clicking “Refresh” on KSR tonight? Will he download the KSR app and turn on notifications?

• Realme
      10:58 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

He might want to use Twitter. KSR is gonna crash if these guys wait until the last minute.

• I’ll just turn on notifications for that reason, plus I don’t want to continually click anyway.

8. If that guy had burner Twitter accounts, that’s crazy stuff. However, if Kevin Durant was on that team he would have no room to talk.

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

People should stay off Twitter if they’re drunk, or on Ambien…you can lose your job, right Roseanne?

• Unless you’re left wing Joy Behar apparently.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Well, yeah; there is some hypocrisy.

• RealCatsFan
      11:08 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Hypocrisy or not, you have to be pretty stupid in this day and age to publicly compare a black person to a primate. You are simply asking for it. However, I will agree that after she issued an apology the reaction should have been dialed back a little. However, she did herself no favors by going on another Twitter rant last night going after her fellow actors from the show.

Maybe when Melania dumps The Donald, Rosanne should try to hook up with him. They could have a great time on Twitter together!

People do stupid stuff from both the left and the right. The nut job who posted the picture of herself holding the bloody Trump head got bashed pretty hard too – deservedly so. So not ALL people on the lft get a pass.

• I didn’t see what she said about her costars, and a lot of what you said is accurate.

• rickwhitetx
      1:11 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

And TV show hosts shouldn’t compare the President to a primate either. But, apparently, that’s okay.

9. Realme
    10:31 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Sometimes I want to set up a burner Twitter account so I can cuss during tight games and my preacher father and missionary brother wouldn’t see it. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:58 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I just can’t imagine you cussing. Would it be more than…”phooey, John Higgins is one of the refs”.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I could teach everyone herre some new words if you watched a UK game with me…

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

*here, unless you like Nelly. It’s hot in herre.

• Realme
      11:07 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

My dad couldn’t either, RCF, and I wish I didn’t. I’ve never kicked the habit ever since my best friend and I thought cursing was cool in 4th grade.

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Yep, NCAA officiating is quite the muse for creativity.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I’m a lot like the dad from “A Christmas Story”. I am a master at weaving an intricate tapestry of obscenity that is probably still floating somewhere over Centerfield KY. 🙂 When we had kids my wife told me I need to clean up my act. I did a little bit, but if I am alone in the garage working on something and things aren’t going well, I can get on a roll. Sometimes certain cuss words just flow together effortlessly with amazing alliteration and rhythm. 😀

Still, I am not one to cuss just to be cussing. You are not impressing anyone by doing that – if anything it just makes you look low class. I have explained to my kids that it loses its effect if tossed around flippantly.

• runningunnin.454
      11:18 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Oh, the big one…the queen mother of dirty words?

• ClutchCargo
      11:22 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Cussing just happens with me sometimes, and like RCF it just flows through me when I get on a roll. Like maybe there should be an upright bass in the background. Oddly enough, I can turn it off without consciously thinking about it when the family, or any women/elderly/kids are present. But I pretty much only do it around guy friends who know me well. I don’t ever want that to be a first impression for anyone.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I usually swear only during UK games or while driving.

• Realme
      11:33 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

That’s definitely the 2 most curse triggering situations, J Dub.

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I’m afraid I have to claim 3 of George Carlin’s seven dirty words every now and then…like every UK game.

10. “WELCOME TO MOE’S!!!”

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Moe’s has the best queso of the fast-casual mexican food places.

• Yes, but I like Chipotle better overall. The corn salsa and meats are better.

• ClutchCargo
      11:16 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I’m a fan of Moe’s. There are some things about Chipotle, like the meats, that are better than Moe’s or Qdoba, but I just think Moe’s is the best of those three overall. Also, I still have lingering doubts about food safety at Chipotle, even though I’m sure they have fixed that.

• I like that Moe’s gives chips. I wish Chipotle would do that…I really like their lime chips.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Joey Bag of Donuts at Moe’s is my go-to.

11. The interesting thing with all this talk about Rupp renovations and such is that Pitino wanted an on-campus arena as far back as 95, maybe even longer. The weird thing is, even if UK had built one, it would probably be outdated by today’s standards with all the emphasis on luxury boxes and the like. There would have been some of that put in back then, but not like the way they’re building arenas like Yum I don’t think.

12. Realme
    11:22 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Matt’s “time me not pronouncing the words all the way so I can talk fast” routine is getting right up there with Magic Vapor (Paper) Shop commercials for me.

13. Realme
    11:32 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Someone should do a history of Newport podcast.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:40 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

It’s hard for me to imagine any human being losing that much weight. 348 lbs? Wow. What a strain that has to put on your body carrying that much extra weight. Hell, if someone strapped that on my back, I couldn’t even stand up.

We get a lot of morbidly obese patients where I work, and when I see someone like that, my heart goes out to them. No one gets that way on purpose, and with a lot of the really obese people, it is not a function of being lazy or slovenly, it is a matter of body chemistry. That would be a tough way to go through life.

• ClutchCargo
      11:47 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

I guess as long as they’re not drunk and stupid, they have that going for them. 🙂

15. runningunnin.454
    11:45 am May 30, 2018 Permalink

Hot boys, huh what? If they’re gonna do that…what are the names of Led Zeppelin’s 2nd, 3rd, and 4th albums.

16. Realme
    12:00 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

Have a great *&^%ing day y’all!

17. notFromhere
    12:22 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

That was HILARIOUS, Ryan! Don’t listen to the intolerant liberal to your left, cause Matt hasn’t a sense of humor.